these patches are out of control

zaakkwylde

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

There are some critical updates that are required, just find something else to do in the meantime. It's either that or deal with exploits until Tuesday and then put up with another 8hr downtime, but everyone complains just as much then so Bioware can't win.

I'd personally rather see them fixing things because I can fin something else to do while the server is down.

i understand we're less than a month into launch, but seriously? servers are going down AGAIN tonight? i've patched 6 times in the past 48 hours.

my free first month might be the extent of my gametime if this **** keeps up

Maybe if all of you guys would stop ************ and play the game for what it is, which is a story-driven MMO there wouldn't be so many patches.

I'm all for fixing bugs, but please only patch the really gameplay breaking ones like that dance bug on the spot, and save the others for one big patch on maintenance day. That's what maintenance day is for. All these patches are dead in the center of the time I normally play and it's getting aggravating having to twiddle thumbs during them every damned day.

just saying, out of week that i've owned the game, the servers have gone down at least once a night, usually during my open window of playtime (which is short)

but bioware wants me to pay $15 a month to log in to see a list of offline servers every night?

Maybe if all of you guys would stop ************ and play the game for what it is, which is a story-driven MMO there wouldn't be so many patches.

Funny. I thought hou needed to be able to play it to enjoy it?

Ill rephrase.

If the game is filles with bugs that affect the story/ gameplay ( hint : kira story ) , how can ( some) enjoy it?

just saying, out of week that i've owned the game, the servers have gone down at least once a night, usually during my open window of playtime (which is short)

but bioware wants me to pay $15 a month to log in to see a list of offline servers every night?

I was not aware that the devs specifically track your play times in order to ensure the best possible time to do maintenance, rather than look for the general public that plays during peak hours

i understand we're less than a month into launch, but seriously? servers are going down AGAIN tonight? i've patched 6 times in the past 48 hours.

my free first month might be the extent of my gametime if this **** keeps up

***? Patches are not even mediumly medium sized. (made that up)

I've done my fair share of whining here, but this is stupid.

To be fair, we/you complain about everything. I'm not pointing fingers at anyone here, I'm just saying that it's impossible to please gamers.

The forums are over-flooded with whiners who complain about there being too long maintenances, not enough, too many, too short and etc.

"*** Y U NO FIX BUGS?!"

"OMG SO LONG DOWNTIME"

I mean, come on... What would be the correct solution? They tried the weekly thing, and people complained about them being too long... Now they're attempting on a different approach, resulting in shorter downtimes but more often.

Of course they could have short and rare, but then they'd have just as many haters complaining about them not prioritizing fixing the bugs. ...which people already are doing...

So what would you suggest?

So far I've seen people complain about:

- Not enough updates

- Too many updates

- Downtimes are too long

- Downtimes are too short

- Why are downtimes finishing 6 hours early

- Why aren't all downtimes finishing early

It does truly seem like bioware can't please anyone on general.

Then cancel your sub and come back in 3 months. Guarantee most (if not all) of the game breaking bugs will be resolved by then. Bioware can't cater to your limited play time. They will fix things as they see fit.

So far I've seen people complain about:

- Not enough updates

- Too many updates

- Downtimes are too long

- Downtimes are too short

- Why are downtimes finishing 6 hours early

- Why aren't all downtimes finishing early

It does truly seem like bioware can't please anyone on general.

Me generation