Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Server population is dropping...

Miffy

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can you tell? Even when the game was released I didn't see many people, I still don't. I can remember seeing several in Kass city in the first few days.

What server are you on? I still can't stop running into lots of people on Vornskr. I'm at level 36, and probably with the general leveling curve though.

Edited by Jediwran

This.

*Looks at Mannic*.

We all know your opinion is the correct one, and anyone with issues with the game is just a spamming troll. Shouldn't you be in game if its so good?

Inability to constructively criticize and look objectively at a situation.

Edited by Liberate

We all know your opinion is the correct one, and anyone with issues with the game is just a spamming troll. Shouldn't you be in game if its so good?

Fanboys:rolleyes: Inability to constructively criticize and look objectively at a situation.

The old, if you love the game so much, you should be playing it 24-7. The answer is no, I only play with a group of friends. I have friends who love games, including WoW, and they somehow manage to post on the forums, and do other things. Amazing huh...And with that last line, pot...meet kettle.

Edited by Jediwran

I don't care if the servers are full, because if the servers being full means I have to listen to a bunch of pissant kids cry about how this isn't an exact mirror of WoW, I'd kill somebody.

Me and my friends called this. As soon as they increased server pop cap, people would use this as their moment to call "the sky is falling." Especially people who rushed through to end game. Could have seen it a mile away.

Edited by Jediwran

I'm quitting the game because of this very fact. Server populations are terrible. It seemed Bioware were OVER-prepared for the release of the game and thought they'd have their servers filled, not the case.

Anyways, I like the game and I'll keep tabs on the game and see where it goes. If they eventually merge servers, increasing populations I might come back, but for now I'll keep my $15/month.

i think they set a higher cap on servers because my server hasnt been full in a while YET there is a lot of people spread across the planets than there was during launch..even the fleet pop is higher than it was during launch...

be nice if they told us about this beforehand to stop any panic....instead they pulled a ninja change...

Edited by windzro

According to the server lists the servers look very healthy. I'm sure a lot of us got burned out after a month of nothing but TOR.

Activity fluctuations don't really mean anything. They are probably experiencing steady growth at the moment. It's just a question of when that tops off.

Edited by Jswizzle

I'm quitting the game because of this very fact. Server populations are terrible. It seemed Bioware were OVER-prepared for the release of the game and thought they'd have their servers filled, not the case.

Anyways, I like the game and I'll keep tabs on the game and see where it goes. If they eventually merge servers, increasing populations I might come back, but for now I'll keep my $15/month.

Complaining about population and threatening to quit LOL.

Way to add to the problem, I wouldn't want to be your friend with that logic.

Complaining about population and threatening to quit LOL.

Way to add to the problem, I wouldn't want to be your friend with that logic.

No, it's not a threat, I am quitting the game. In your failed logic I should keep playing and paying for the game just so I can sit around in an empty server, just so I don't "add to the problem?" Yeah, that sounds like LOADS of fun. Solutions for better business practices come from consumer reactions to their products. As I've said, I'll keep tabs on the game and maybe return one day. For now and the current way BW is doing things, I'll take my $$ elsewhere. :rolleyes:

OR, perhaps they addressed the server issues allowing for higher caps which we are not hitting.

This is what USUALLY happens this early in the game.

Nail, head.

The player number needed to hit "Full" during launch week could have been 2,000.

They have been raising the caps as they ensure the servers remain stable and get them working 100%.

Now, 2,000 players on a server may only be "Heavy". You can't judge population by the lack of queues if the caps keep going up.

I guess people were imagining waiting for hours in queue to enter the server.