The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Server population is dropping...

Miffy

I'm starting to think he is just isn't right in the head. Unfortunately it seems that his emotional/mental well being is tied into whether or not this game is perceived as a success.

Explains his typing: he has to use his toes because the arms of his jacket are tied around him.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.galactickegger.com/SWTOR/swtor_screenshot_ImpFleet01a.jpg

Mask of Nihilus, pop at Fleet when this screen was taken was 162 which is about average for our server.

I'm very happy that your server is so well populated.

Here is a picture of mine approaching primetime. Pop at the time the screenshot was taken was 10 in the fleet. Average at primetime is around 20, average the rest of the day is 2-10.

http://i1155.photobucket.com/albums/p544/PiratePenguin/SWTOR/defenestrator_low_pop.jpg

My server, and others like it, need help in the way of transfers or mergers soon.

I do find this funny.

"THE GAME IS NOT DIEING!"

Where I have seen that before....oh yes:

LoTRO (before it went free2play)

WAR

Lineage II (before it went free2play; US-side)

STO (before it went free2play)

AoC (before it went free2play)

RIFT*

DCU (before it went free2play)

EQ2 (before it went free2play)

*You think they need that many "trial servers"...lol, skillfully hidden server mergers.

Seeing a pattern? Get heads out of arse. Just because you think the game is doing fine doesn't mean it is. :rolleyes:

Hopefully, ME3 won't be a let down too :\

LoTRO was doing fine pre-FTP (not raking in the cash, but definitely holding its own). DDO was on death's door, pre-FTP, however. The successful turnaround of DDO (monetarily) was what caused LoTRO to go FTP. Turbine saw revenues go up for DDO and saw the opportunity for a similar increase in LoTRO.

Edited by Skylarke

I'm very happy that your server is so well populated.

Here is a picture of mine approaching primetime. Pop at the time the screenshot was taken was 10 in the fleet. Average at primetime is around 20, average the rest of the day is 2-10.

http://i1155.photobucket.com/albums/p544/PiratePenguin/SWTOR/defenestrator_low_pop.jpg

My server, and others like it, need help in the way of transfers or mergers soon.

is that in a different instance?

Edited by Balrizangor

You do realize that the top right of that search window, it says "Showing First 10 Results" and that it is showing umm .. 10 ...

Not to be picky but I could do that on Mask of Nil and say there were only 10 people playing heh

That's what it says when there are only 10 results to show.

Edit: No it is not in a different instance, that's everyone.

Edited by Wizzrobe

ahhh .. I wouldn't know, my server is pretty busy during the week and on weekends ... Maybe re-roll on a new server?

I'm in the process of doing that, but something should still be done about these servers. Even if I leave, the server is still there and still barren.

LoTRO had 700k players before going F2P, they went f2p because it made sense, as freemium games tend to make more money overall, while having a really huge playerbase. Wether we like it or not, it's the future of the MMO genre.

LoTRO had 700k players before going F2P, they went f2p because it made sense, as freemium games tend to make more money overall, while having a really huge playerbase. Wether we like it or not, it's the future of the MMO genre.

That's a cop out. The future? I'm sorry, but LOTRO, DCUO, AoC, CoH and the likes went F2P because they weren't making any profit. They farmville'd the hell out of their loyal customers and anybody else who decided to jump in.

F2P is the last change a MMO makes to save itself from being shut down. The step before that is a server merger.

I get that you people are upset about the population problems, but this isn't a new thing and it isn't a SWTOR thing. The only thing BW could and should do is offer free character transfers like Trion does for Rift. Until that option is available, you know the alternatives, you just don't like them.

That's a cop out. The future? I'm sorry, but LOTRO, DCUO, AoC, CoH and the likes went F2P because they weren't making any profit. They farmville'd the hell out of their loyal customers and anybody else who decided to jump in.

F2P is the last change a MMO makes to save itself from being shut down. The step before that is a server merger.

I get that you people are upset about the population problems, but this isn't a new thing and it isn't a SWTOR thing. The only thing BW could and should do is offer free character transfers like Trion does for Rift. Until that option is available, you know the alternatives, you just don't like them.

Yes, there are two alternatives. Reroll or unsubscribe. I don't think BW or fans of the game really want people doing the latter.

I just wish people were a little more patient, it's like because the game faced a couple of rocky points in it's otherwise smooth launch, they kneejerk freaked out and ran away from a really excellent game.

It's also almost like tons of people have this vendetta out to try and stomp this game into the ground, just because. By making things out to be way worse than they really are..

Edited by Jesira

Really, as if you all didnt see this one coming on the forums.

People complained about server queue times : Bioware increased server capacity to lower queue times.

People complained about low server population (the very next day) : Bioware does a facepalm.

People complained about getting their butt kicked in Warzones by level 50s : Bioware creates a level 50 only bracket.

People complained about low server population because they now have 1-2 hour Warzone queues (the very next day) : Bioware does another facepalm.

So whats next huh people? People complained about no guild perks : Bioware comes out with new guild perk system.... Yeah, we can all see this one coming can't we. Oh wait, lets ask for free server transfers NOW so we can make it easier to transfer our characters once we find out our guilds suck where we are.

Edited by Kabeorn

LOTRO did not go f2p because of zero profit, the calculated (correctly) that they would increase profit and open the playerbase up by going F2p.

Yes, there are two alternatives. Reroll or unsubscribe. I don't think BW or fans of the game really want people doing the latter.

I may be in the minority, but I'll choose the unsubscribe option at the end of the 1st paid month if my server is as dead as it is now and Bioware doesn't give me another option other than reroll.

I enjoyed leveling up, but not enough to want to do the exact same thing again. Plus, I like my guild, and unless there's a Guild Transfer, I'd rather leave the game entirely than leave my guild for another server - and at the rate my server's population in prime time seems to be dropping, both options are more enviable than "sticking it out".

People complained about getting their butt kicked in Warzones by level 50s : Bioware creates a level 50 only bracket.

Actually, people complained about getting their butts kicked by level 50's WITH EXPERTISE GEAR (while they were under 50 and therefore unable to get any), and also complained about expertise in general.

If you're going to generalize, be accurate, please.

LOTRO did not go f2p because of zero profit, the calculated (correctly) that they would increase profit and open the playerbase up by going F2p.

Then why did they have to ditch their servers and merge everyone over to the US.

I agree with the others. F2P is a last ditch effort to keep a game going and eventually they tend to fizzle out.

I just wish people were a little more patient, it's like because the game faced a couple of rocky points in it's otherwise smooth launch, they kneejerk freaked out and ran away from a really excellent game.

It's also almost like tons of people have this vendetta out to try and stomp this game into the ground, just because. By making things out to be way worse than they really are..

No you are right they do...and it's why Mike O'Brian the CEO of Arenanet said:

"As long as I am part of this company we will never have Official forums....I flat out refuse to provide the stage for some Troll to insult and second guess my teams hard work."

I can't say as I blame him.....Rob pardo from Blizzard entertainment has even said the biggest mistake we made as a company was having official forums for our games.

The vst majority of subscribers never set foot in these cesspools...they are the domain of the Troll and the Astroturfer...and why a developer would fund that is beyond me. The company I am currently consulting for Vigil games has decided that there is going to be no Official forums for there upcoming MMO....smart move I think after seeing what has happened here.

Edited by Jett-Rinn

You don't get a second chance to make a first impression.

There are a lot of things I am patient about in regards to this game. In fact, I have very few complaints about it.

Having nobody else to play with on my low population server is not one of them though. People seem to think that, in time, the population will go back up when in reality over the past few weeks people have been leaving these low pop servers in droves. I should know, I'm about to be one of them.

Edited by Wizzrobe

Any one else noticed that the servers were all full during peak times the other week and now all the full ones are now only heavy or very heavy. Lots are just standard now and you log on to them to see what the populations are like and you'll get like 20 people in a zone compared to around 80 in the very heavy ones.

Bioware needs to start merging servers before they make the mistake every other developer has done with mmorpgs ever since WoW. If you're part of an unpopulated server you're more likely to quit because you cannot find the people to play with.

It's not a doomsday thread but Bioware need to get on top of the population decline before the servers get too underpopulated and people quit.

They upped the caps on all servers to help with the ques. That and the fact its not launch moth anymore.

They upped the caps on all servers to help with the ques. That and the fact its not launch moth anymore.

If you believe that you'll believe anything LOL

That may be true for some servers but there are a hell of a lot that are very very quiet. There simply aren't as many players as at launch.

This is fairly normal for any new MMO.

I have been playing SWTOR extensively since launch however took a break today and decided to roll a alliance toon on my WOW account. That being said I gathered my heirloom gear and embarked on adventure with my newly minted Dwarf Paladin. In 3 hours of playtime on a Friday night starting at 3pm server time (eastern) I encountered one toon in the dwarf starting area, 2 in Ironforge and with a quick run around Stormwind approx 50 toons total there. I will now use forum logic to come to some ironclad conclusions:

WOW is dead and bleeding subscriptions.

This server is underpopulated and needs merged.

WOW is a single player game (not an MMO) as there was no one near my level to quest with.

I will now use real logic and apply it to my experience:

Based on purely anecdotal evidence I can draw no scientific conclusions on the state of WOW

or this server population nor make any suggestions for changes.

Since I counted less toons in Stormwind City than I have ever seen in Republic Fleet that must mean WOW is dead right?..................

Ok im being a ********.....just wanted to point out forum logic.

Please carry on :)