[DEV] Torians weapon upgrades are (almost) non excistent

Wokkel

Hi all,

As you guys are aware, Torian doesn't get an orange techstaff as they don't exist in the game.

I hope that this thread gets a lot of "Yes, please add the weapon!" replies, so that it gets noticed by the dev's.

I am sure it's just a minor flaw and that they can fix it easy.

Hope to get the BH scene behind this, so that all companions can get good weapons! :)

/May the credits be with you all!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Noticed this today... A bit frustrating since I was planning on using him as a test dummy to dps in world pvp as I've been gearing him with an offset champion set I've been creating. Seems a little useless however because a weapon is a pretty important component...

I geared him out and use him exclusively as a bodyguard, and getting him a decent weapon has been by far the biggest challange I've stumbled on yet. It's ridiculous.

I've reported it in game.

Nothing to write home about, though... got a reply that my request was forwarded to some other department, k thnx, bye. :(.

Maybe if enough people will write similar request/complaint they'd actually let him use @#$@ electrostaves, but I don't have high hopes for that.

get an orange weapon and just remove the mods that have +str and replace those with the appropriate stat mods

The point isn't the wrong hilt. The point is they can't use weapons that are listed in their codex. At all. It isn't a matter of swapping in a mod with appropriate stat, it's a matter of not being able to find a weapon they can use unless you go beyond any reason to obtain one.

As it has been mentioned there are no orange techstaves/techblades. Hell, there aren't any easily obtainable blue's either.

Edited by rheia

I've also sent in a ticket about this

even if you buy an electrostaff Torian can't equip it

thankfully on my server I have been able to get purple tech staffs and tech blades

Also, I believe one of the Rebel Jedi companions is in the same boat - so maybe check on their sides AH then cross trade it at Nar Shadda AH

Edited by gnolt

The Weapons vendor on Belsavis I believe (near where you land from the orbital station) has green weapons for both Torian and Skadge for 44/46+. They're major upgrades from the starting weapons both companions get.

Still not the greatest if you compare if to moddable and purple weapons you can equip other companions with, but they're good.

In belsavis there is that lvl 50 daily heroic in the bonus quest area that you are able to solo with any class (just need to die a few times) where you can choose weapon for all your companions, too bad the techstaff is not orange but it is lvl 50 blue.

I had a custom grade (orange) techstaff at like level 19 that I tossed in the cargo hold that will be his once I make a few mods for it so saying ther are no custom level weapons for him is untrue, you either just didn't find one or maybe didn't do a quest were it dropped.

I made a point to save almost all the orange gear I 've found since I a cybertech I can make them viable for any alt or companion i want but if you sue you commendations to buy mods you can build a custom weapon pretty easy too.

the only snag I hit was I though he could use some of the BH restricted gear I had since he uses heavy armor, but I saw he cannot and no companion can use class restricted gear.

Greetings-

Rather than add new stuff, I think it would be easier to have Torian (and other class companions) use electro-staves, and Skadge use vibro-blades. Why a "tech" weapon type was created when options already existed, I'm not sure. Either add customizable tech-weapons or remove the proficiency.

Regards,

Androvis

I personally cannot confirm this because I have not received the piece of gear. But my Bounty Hunter friend Deckard said that he Torian Cadera has the orange electrostaff from the Belsavis Bonus Series. This series is not obtainable and probably not doable till 50 anyway, but if you can gear him out with everything else and then do the bonus series you should get a weapon he can atleast equip then grab the champion weapona nd move the mods over to the electrostaff (That is if the staff isn't already fixed.) But check out the Belsavis Bonus Series that is where an orange electrostaff drops.

Both Skadge and Torian only get blues from the belsavis bonus quest lights out. There are no oranges. If you have one take a picture and post it because they don't exist. People keep saying they have techblades and techstaffs. However what they really have are electrostaffs and vibroswords or techswords, Not orange Techblades and Techstaffs.

Both Skadge and Torian only get blues from the belsavis bonus quest lights out. There are no oranges. If you have one take a picture and post it because they don't exist. People keep saying they have techblades and techstaffs. However what they really have are electrostaffs and vibroswords or techswords, Not orange Techblades and Techstaffs.

Forge is correct. Aim hilts do not exist therefore it impossible for there to be orange techstaffs and techblades.