CONGRATS to Jedi Sage/Sith Sorcerer for being the FIRST FOTM in SW:ToR!!

Kyris_Xiandrii

CONGRATULATIONS!!! *fireworks*

most pvp games I play these days is 50% sorcs on my team (all damage spec, of course!) and I estimate that the republic team has roughly the same number of sages (although I can't say for sure, but it certainly feels like it when you get hit in the face with a huge rock 2000 times per warzone~)

I can understand why they are popular, though, they are ridiculously strong in PVP :eek:

As a class that has no heals and is basically a glass cannon (Sniper), I expect to have the highest damage and the worst defence/HP of all classes, but unfortunately that is not the case. Sage/Sorc has the highest damage, and excellent defense. Don't believe me? Try dueling a skilled jedi sage, he will burst you down in 6-10 seconds, now duel him again and try and burst him down in 10 seconds -- impossible. Even as a Sniper I cant do that.

Either balance these classes in PVP, or give us level brackets for PVP already...

How hard can it be?! Just give us...

- level 10-29 bracket, bolster to level 29

- level 3049 bracket, bolster to level 39

- level 50 bracket, no bolster

PROBLEM SOLVED, BIOWARE. YOU'RE WELCOME.

Edited by Kyris_Xiandrii

They said they will be adding a level 50 bracket in January.

In regards to your Sorcerer/Sage comment, I agree 100%. I played a match that had 8 Sith Inquisitors. Sure, maybe one was an Assassin, but based on the amount of lightning I saw all match, I doubt it.

most pvp games I play these days is 50% sorcs on my team (all damage spec, of course!) and I estimate that the republic team has roughly the same number of sages (although I can't say for sure, but it certainly feels like it when you get hit in the face with a huge rock 2000 times per warzone~)

Sorry, but you are wrong here. Its over 50% and its sorcs mostly. Sages are less appealing and 50% of them are healing specced anyway.

As a class that has no heals and is basically a glass cannon (Sniper), I expect to have the highest damage and the worst defence/HP of all classes, but unfortunately that is not the case. Sage/Sorc has the highest damage, and excellent defense. Don't believe me? Try dueling a skilled jedi sage, he will burst you down in 6-10 seconds, now duel him again and try and burst him down in 10 seconds -- impossible. Even as a Sniper I cant do that.

You are horribly wrong again. Their DPS/burst is nowhere near that of a sniper/gunslinger.

However their bubble gives them about 10k more effective HP during duel for roughly 70 force. Thats without counting heals. When I'm fighting sorcs on my gunslinger I am usually able to get them to low and its either, bubble again or I finish them there(more often the edge goes to me unless they are lol immortal specced(healers)). And if you are being beated in 6-10 seconds then you:

a) are 15 levels lower in world pvp

b) are 20-30 levels lower in WZ and going against 50 well pvp geared sage

You're doing something incredibly wrong if a Sage/Sorc is out bursting you as a Sniper.

Sages/Sorcerer's aren't even overpowered. The only thing that needs a little toning down is operative initial burst, probably with a sustained buff.

Oh, and buff Juggernaut/Guardian DPS.

This is coming from a Sith Juggernaut. Sniper damage is ridiculous.

You're doing something incredibly wrong if a Sage/Sorc is out bursting you as a Sniper.

Sages/Sorcerer's aren't even overpowered. The only thing that needs a little toning down is operative initial burst, probably with a sustained buff.

Oh, and buff Juggernaut/Guardian DPS.

This is coming from a Sith Juggernaut. Sniper damage is ridiculous.

I'm a guardian are you kidding me i can force sweep kids for like 6kdmg and you want a buff?!

So now it's Snipers are OP, Sages and Sorcs are OP also.

Wait I thought Operatives were OP.

Is every class OP now folks? Get real.

Every class is OP except Marauder/Sentinels. When they get buffed, people will be calling to nerf them as well. Pretty much goes like this:

1. Play pvp match

2. Die in pvp match.

3. Alt+F4 and post a thread on forums calling nerf for the class you died to in pvp match.

Every class is OP except Marauder/Sentinels. When they get buffed, people will be calling to nerf them as well. Pretty much goes like this:

1. Play pvp match

2. Die in pvp match.

3. Alt+F4 and post a thread on forums calling nerf for the class you died to in pvp match.

I'll also add the bracket idea is foolish except for lvl 50s being you get elite gear at 50. Multiple brackets = hour Queues.

Just because your terrible at the game doesnt mean that Sages should be nerfed,

I dont know how many times I will have to say this

LEARN

TO

PLAY

/agreed

Same goes for Snipers.

Same goes for Sorcs.

Same goes for Operatives.

Sorc/Sages were last months FotM. This month has a new one and its the Operative. Just give it a couple weeks and people will notice all the Operatives in WZ. I've already been noticing alot more in WZ's the past couple days. If they become to numerous, BW will take notice and see why so many are switching to the least played class, then the nerfs will start if they find any evidence to back the whiner's claims.

jedi shadows have low dps true but we have great survivability.

i tear through mercs and sorcs without a problem.

its all about playing smart. i stealth in world pvp and do my mind maze on their companion.

then its really a 2v1 fight since i even have my padawan decked out in dps pvp gear.

seems like almost every class is getting QQ of "nerf this class", this alone means sveral things- classes are pretty well balanced, what you spec for does make a diference, personal tactics also makes a difference (seeing how many people cookie cutter spec).

now all we need to do is figure out how to make people QQ for nerfs to classes they aren't currently and all should be fine :p

Sorc/Sage isn't a FoTM class at all- those that burst into the game wanting a KoTOR 3 flavor rolled up a Sorc/Sage...since we don't get anything but SWTOR as a sequel.

While those that played beta and wanted an OP class jumped to Op with Biochem right from the get go.

I love that people cry about the DPS sorcs....

Could you imagine the tears if all the sorcs respecced to the healing line?

I was madness but found myself spending more time in PvP healing, poorly, when I should have been DPSing. Nobody was healing and we needed it, so I was trying to fill the role, but sticking my lightning shaped peg in a flower shaped hole.

Respecced to healing...

Trust me, if you hate fighting empire with our high number of dps specced sorcerers, you do NOT want them healing instead.

Besides, I think sorcs get more credit for damage then should go to them, we don't have the best attacks, just the most visible.

1. Play pvp match

2. Die in pvp match.

So much this. I lol'd when the OP mentioned his class and then complained about sorcerer/sage "burst". The classes in this game are, for the most part, very well balanced.

Edited by Telaan

OMG PEOPLE!

Are you all for real?! NO CLASS IS OP! this game is insanely balanced! (Brackets is not)

let me say it one more time.. NO CLASS IS OP!

sins and merc is prehaps a little worse then the rest but just by alittle!! BRACKETS are the one causing all this upset! Id love to see 3 brackets but id sell for 2 ! just get the 50 away.

Sorcs aren't op...... Powertech - marauder - operatives - snipers are all EASILY att the exact same lvl !!!!!! SORCS GET ALL THEIR SPELLS ATT LOW LVL THATS WHY THEY SEEM OP! (and they are overplayed so you dont notice the others) GET TO LVL 50 AND DUELL ALL OTHER SPECCS AND CLASSES WITH FRIENDS YOU KNOW!!!!!!

This game is so balanced i wanna piss on all your forheads! The fact that you dont see this has EVERYTHING TO DO WITH GEAR!!! the system of gear makes everyclass op! the difference in gear is absolute insane and THE ONLY REASON !!! (unless you are just very very bad which obviously is the probable reason since your here and wasn't smart enough the actually try out every aspect to find the truth)

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DONT NERF A SINGLE CLASS !!!!!!!!! just give sins and merc a slight buff!

1. Play pvp match

2. Die in pvp match.

Agree personally ive never posted about nerfing anyon and think buffing weaker specs is always better from a players perspctive towards the devs then a nerf. Your statement is beyond true. I complain on forums because of broken game mchanics not when a class kills me thats when i L2P better. Anyone saying one class is th best is wrong even sorc's if u have a interupt and a cc and good timing they go down as easy as anyone else. Before u scream bloody murder people L2P i say it to u and myself ad thats the attitude u need or even after a nerf theyll roflstomp u.

Also people mad they made it to level cap or lvl30 plus and then decided they wanted to be fotm just reroll its pretty easy to catch up but dont get mad at the people who picked sorc's or IA's they went with their favorite storyline not the FOTM within 10 days of launch. The classes are very much balanced and id be happy if they were left alone and focused on real pvp issues. The devs dont have enuff time to spray all the sand out of all the bad players vaggs.

Signed by melee

Edited by Masturomenos