Bioware steal our paid gametime

delvic

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to throw this out there:

They may have actually considered that the "value" of one full month (no downtime) of playtime is worth more than $15, and the reduced price to $15 is actually your compensation for lost time.

This obviously is not the case. But my point is, you're paying $15/month, with part of the agreement being that you accept that the game will not be available 24/7.

Yes, Euro is getting the shaft in all this, but someone is going to if the system is designed to let people from any region use any server.

i would be nice to see that bioware care about customers and give away some free days...

Blizzard always after downtime at daytime give some free days.

I seriously doubt Blizz gives free days for scheduled maintenance down time and I also doubt BW has any more of those than Blizz does.

BW/EA must compensate us for 'lost' gametime.

I have just unsubscribed until such time as this policy is introduced. They have 16 days to sort things out, or I (and prob many others) will vote with our wallets.

Okay, people will say that I am moaning for nothing, after all a few lost hours gametime whilst a new MMO is bedding down is to be expected.

Well, actually no... I have paid and am being expected to pay for a MMO on a monthly subscription. In return I expect to be able to play when it suits my availability.

What makes it worse is that there was no prior annoucement that the servers were being taken offline today (Thur 5 Jan) - I have effectively wasted 1/2 a days vacation waiting to be able to play and that 1/2 day's equivalent salary is worth many many times the monthly fee.... so yes, I am really pi$$ed at BW/EA.

And nothing of value was lost.

Bioware steal our gametime throug their long Maintenance. then let them compensate for time taken away from us as it did CCP in the game eve online.

Welcome to a Real MMO where if the time you miss is announced and minimal you just have to deal with it.

Well I'm on the fence on this one. Yes I understand the need to have the servers downtime from time to time and theres no way anyone deserves compensation. However I cannot understand why Bioware has the need to do that patching following North American timezones. It doesn't seem fair to me.

I remember the outcry when Everquest 2 was released. Sitting at my PC at 8am on the day of release only to be told that the servers were being patched on an American timezone and the game wouldn't start until 12 noon that day. The outcry that produced that day soon made SOE have two times for North American regions and European regions. If EA cannot differentiate between the needs of those regions then maybe they need that drummed into them.

Bioware steal our gametime throug their long Maintenance. then let them compensate for time taken away from us as it did CCP in the game eve online.

So ur complaining about 50 cents/month!?

50 cents/month * 12 months = 6 euros per player just so they will patch the game and fix bugs they come across..

Think before posting isn't allowed i suppose o.O

Edited by Moikko