Ability Delay -- Character Responsiveness (This will make or break SW:TOR)

Xcore

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Open your mouth Bioware, just say something. How dare you! fix ANYTHING in this game before this?!?!?! Stop releasing patches that do not fix this first! Stop everything your doing and fix this, THEN move on to the small things. A perfect example of how I feel would be If I took my car in to get a new transmission, and they gave it back to me with new windshield wipers, but the tranny was still broken@! Edited by RichLather

abilities work fine in pvp

I misfired 3 or 4 abilities in PVP yesterday...GCD happens, no spell goes off. You can say the sky is green, but its a fact that its blue, just the same you can say abilities work fine, but they do not.

Edited by RichLather

if you'd pay attention, you would notice that damage is processed before the animation is completed. if that's not the case then it's a problem on your end.

In some cases you are right. But try to use a Force Sweap as a Jedi Knight and you will notics the delay.

Open your mouth Bioware, just say something. How dare you! fix ANYTHING in this game before this?!?!?! How dare you have patches with small changes and fixes BEFORE YOU GET THIS RIGHT!?!?! A perfect example of how I feel would be If I took my car in to get a new transmission, and they gave it back to me with new windshield wipers, but the tranny was still broken@!

You realize that there are separate teams which work on separate issues right?

BTW Bioware, your game sucks.

xcore, I agree with your thread 100% and wanted to know if you knew anything or heard anything about the link between collision detection and a larger hit box on toons?

Let me explain.

In alderaan and nar shadaa there is a place where larger frame toons cant fit threw certain places because of bad game design. For example, a datacron hidden behind a crack in the door. There was a question brought up if a toons frame is bigger (again not fitting through certain spaces, hence collision detection) does this mean there hit box is bigger to?

I find this question a bit interesting. Of course if a larger frames toon has a bigger hit box, wouldnt that make it a kind of unfair in taking AoE damage for example or PvP?

This is a different topic altogether actually and WoW had/has it still. For example tauren had this issue, blizzard corrected this but not completely. For example, a tauren on a mount still won't fit through the same door as a gnome.

The fix isn't really to equalize all hitboxes exactly but rather adjust them a little better (to be closer to the same) and most importantly make sure that all hitboxes can reach all areas and fit the same places.

I don't think this will be a problem for too long as its a simple fix on Character Model as well as location specially.

i love how people are unwilling to admit it might be a network issue and they post proof of their low pings like that means anything.

Well i remember when i had network issue it got resolved in less than a day because it was all over the internet that a certain mainframe somewhere was blocking half the people trying to play that certain game ... So unless you can pinpoint a certain mainframe in betwne bioware server and all the people who are affected by latency i don't see how my specific internet connection can be faulty in a single execptionally greatly irevocably well enginereed piece of software that is swtor.

you mean like this guy? the video clearly shows the effect taking place before the animation is done. the animation has no bearing on other abilities.

To a greater degree. He used an instant ability, Hammershot i believe, instead of the channeled or cast abilities (the lag becomes very bad on several Grav Rounds, and horrible on Mortar volley) that have given commandos such trouble.

I don't understand why some people are trying to act as if it doesn't exist at all, considering that BioWare has admitted it is a real and threatening issue.

It ruins their own perception of this PERFECT game, thus they are in denial. Common issue among people.

Who cares if it is a network issue, engine issue, hardware issue, and so on. Nobody except the devs should care about that, we just trying to say that it exists, that's like the point of having a community. Let them fix the damn problem, or post a solution, if it's some OS/drivers/hardware thing, and it's over, I don't want to know what line in source code causes this, I just want to play normally. Nobody pays to just sit here on forums, gathering data and flaming about some nonexistent issues. People want to play and enjoy the game.

And if you don't have any delays, GCD bugs, animation problems and so on, why you keep sitting here in this thread, just leave a post like "It's OK for me" and that's it.

Edited by Umbrox

I made a quick video demonstrating two combat system issues on my lowbie sith sorc:

The first is a very obvious delay between the completion of a heal's cast, and the heal being applied, the second is "Cannot do this while moving."

You'll not me spamming the heal button as I stop moving, generating a "Cannot do this while moving error.", the heal not actually working until nearly a quarter second after movement has stopped.

It's already being fixed. However, whether the fix will be sufficient is an entirely different story. Those of you that played Warhammer Online will understand exactly what I'm talking about.

It has definitely not been fixed. I have noticed improvement (though that could just be my mind playing tricks on me) but it's certainly not up to the standard it needs to be at.