Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Please allow dual spec or cap respec costs.

Vraxzen

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dual spec isn't necessarily about changing roles, as I won't be playing healer on my Sith Sorcerer. My concern is that the differences between pvp and pve specs are huge. For some classes, it's on the order of 30% more effectiveness, particularly mine which needs to trade off many points. I want to play my character to maximum effectiveness in both pve and pvp. I should not have to reroll another sith sorc or jedi sage to do it, nor should I be required to grind credits for hours every day. I'm paying for both pve and pvp, so let me play both with out letting down my teammates or forcing a grind on me.

I support it too and thats why I think they should move to a game that has the features they want.

It apparently wasn't an issue when they bought the game, not sure why it is one now?

Thats like buying a shirt that only come in brown and then asking the maker to change the colour because you don't like brown.

You know, I don't like LFD, macros, addons and such.....maybe I should go play WoW and QQ on the forums asking them to remove them.

So I suppose you'll be cancelling when they add it?

"Dual Speccing is something we want to add soon after launch."

Didnt mean to offend with that, wow is the only game I know that has/had dual spec implemented at present and what many have pointed to as their inspiration for suggesting it in prior threads.

it helps to understand why people are demanding this otherwise unprecented request too for the rest of us.

Sorry if I was overwrought. But there are small groups of RL friends who'd like to form a working dps/heal/tank group to experience group content when they can get together. But staying in those roles when it isn't your first choice all week til you see them again is no good either.

Like I said, they let me change roles, which is the primary concern. Kudos for that. It isn't like getting locked into advanced class or anything.

But I just needed to say it isn't WoW groups only. Just sounds like a nice time saver for those who go through re-specs now and again to get together with friends and see some group content.

Edited by Spynnal

Yea, I understand that was an integral part of the lore though with interchangeable souls etc. Theres nothing calling for it lore wise in Swtor.

If your argument is going to hinge on lore, you're going to be disappointed with the results. Game play trumps lore every single time.

Also, why are people not calling for 5 spec options then? Dual spec is still only WoW that I have heard.

So WoW is still unique to you because it only offers two specs to Rift's five?

LOL. How about some of us like our toons and are attached to them?

How is it so hard to understand that we're already Dual speccing? We go to the Fleet and respec when we want. It's in the game already. Having an option that stores the spec and stores Hot Key and Keybinds just removes the tedium involved.

Unless they remove respeccing then any argument against is foolish.

You are absolutely right. This issue is only going to force a polarization.

Bioware either removes respec entirely to encourage people to experience their 300 million dollar voiceovers.

Or go all out and let us all tri spec and then no one will have to space bar through their 300 million dollar voiceovers.

I'm gonna bet in 3 months time we will end up with dual/tri specs.

Wow clones 1, story driven nonsense 0.

They are because apparently many people want to be able to do everything and having a choice you have to stick with isn't an option these days.

I'm sure there will be some people with some builds who may find it more difficult to get groups because of this.

yay.

No, we just want to be able to play both PvE and PvP without having either a half way compromised build or paying through the nose every time we switch from playing a WZ to an FP which can be several times a night.

EDIT:

Caught you before your edit ;)

Edited by Sparckus

Title says it all. At level 42 if i were to respec it would cost me over 100k credits. Thats seems outrageous to me (at least at this level).

What do you do respec every level or every couple days? I have respeced about 4 times so far from lvl 10-50 and my last respec cost me 1290 credits. If your up to 100k credits just how often are you respecing?

But hey.. it'll probably be implemented cause there are more people wanting easy-play then there are people that want a challenge

A challenge?

Seriously?...a challenge to go through the game all over again as you want a to see the game from a different perspective?

What about PVP?

Sounds like Mass Effect to me.....you know, having to go through the whole game all over again, and again....reeks of false longevity to me.

What do you do respec every level or every couple days? I have respeced about 4 times so far from lvl 10-50 and my last respec cost me 1290 credits. If your up to 100k credits just how often are you respecing?

Do you play regular PvP?

So your answer is a slightly more verbose version of 'go back to WoW scrub!11!'?

As an alternative, I think I'll just stay here and advocate for things that I think will improve the game.

Nope, my solution is to spend the money on things I want and not on things I don't hoping I can convince someone to change it later into the thing I want.

It was pretty simple really, no hidden agenda.

Nope, my solution is to spend the money on things I want and not on things I don't hoping I can convince someone to change it later into the thing I want.

It was pretty simple really, no hidden agenda.

"Dual Speccing is something we want to add soon after launch."

Actually.. Dual Spec is so wrong....

Feels like cheating to me.

Or more like spoiling people who cant choose and want everything easy.

If you want to tank... roll a tank.

If you want to healer ... roll a healer.

etc..

Whats wrong with creating 3 chars?...

And if you dont want to roll 3 chars... then you have to pay for the privilege of not having to level up 2-3 chars.

Sounds normal to me.

Maybe some of us want to be able to:

1) Solo

2) Group PvE

3) PvP

With the same class efficiently. Dual specs is the solution, and no it's not cheating.

Now about alts before you say so: I already have 5 chars and counting. So please don't lecture me ;)

Edited by Deewe

Maybe some of us want to be able to:

1) Solo

2) Group PvE

3) PvP

With the same class efficiently. Dual specs is the solution, and no it's not cheating.

Now about alts before you say so: I already have 5 chars and counting. So please don't lecture me ;)

I do all that with one spec. Whats your point?

This game is so far from progressive your choice of words made me laugh out loud.

My goal is to make at least one person laugh with every post.

I think this game has a lot of promise, I think it's very good and I think most people are whining unnecessarily. There is still much room for improvement and I expect it to happen. I'm fairly certain that not implementing multi spec would cost more subscriptions than implementing it would.

So basicly ... it was hard, but you managed.... but you dont like things to be difficult so you want dualspec to make it easy.

:(

PLEASE BIOWARE... DONT MAKE THIS WoW 2 !!!!!! ...

Don't make the game to easy. it's easy-going already...

I think you're confusing "hard" with "extremely time consuming"

Edited by General_Gato

My goal is to make at least one person laugh with every post.

I think this game has a lot of promise, I think it's very good and I think most people are whining unnecessarily. There is still much room for improvement and I expect it to happen. I'm fairly certain that not implementing multi spec would cost more subscriptions than implementing it would.

You sir have been quite an entertaining read thus far, thank you for your positive contributions to this thread /highfive*

* No this is NOT sarcasm