G4 Review of SWTOR

Jedalore

ya know that a lot of haters that didnt give the game a chance went to metacritic and gave the game 0's. that score isnt very accurate.

Fair enough, then all of the 10 reviews on there are not accurate either, right? Oh no, no no no... 10's are probably perfectly acceptable for you because that makes this game "good" even though it completely discounts any point you're trying to make here.

No that wasn't implied, the review that was linked after shows that a real gamer has sat down after giving it a good go and documented the issues as well as the good things.

A real gamer? Sure, the G4 review had a slight sense of bias that the Eurogamer review didn't, but I wouldn't say that the G4 writer is any less of a gamer. They're both legitimate and professional reviews, written by "real gamers".

Edited by Jedalore

There are as many fanboy reviews as there are hater reviews, go take a look for yourself. I know you won't because it somehow matters to you, but you should at least consider the idea that not everyone thinks that this is an amazing game and no amount of professional reviewing is going to change that.

I'm hardly a fanboy. What I am is someone who knows what a valid source of criticism is. Metacritic user reviews are not a valid source of criticism. By your logic the Transformers movies are good because they have a 80%+ user rating each on Rotten Tomatoes.

I don't believe any game deserves a perfect 100% because every game has flaws and bugs upon release. The review is based on the game you have played thus far, not what the developer promises to be fixed in the future.

I respect other peoples opinions, cos that's exactly what a review is - an opinion, but this game is not without it's flaws and bugs and doesn't deserve a perfect score. I get it that some people are loving the game and think it's the best thing since sliced bread was invented, but I don't know how you can look past the cons and still say that everything is perfect?

Fair enough, then all of the 10 reviews on there are not accurate either, right? Oh no, no no no... 10's are probably perfectly acceptable for you because that makes this game "good" even though it completely discounts any point you're trying to make here.

actually I never base anything off of user scores because of the rabid fanboys and the hardcore haters usually drown out every user score to an average or middling grade.

I do however think the actual metacritic score is a pretty good judge but not until roughly 2 months after an mmo releases.

I'm hardly a fanboy. What I am is someone who knows what a valid source of criticism is. Metacritic user reviews are not a valid source of criticism. By your logic the Transformers movies are good because they have a 80%+ user rating each on Rotten Tomatoes.

No, by my logic that means 80% of the people liked it. This is not complicated.

actually I never base anything off of user scores because of the rabid fanboys and the hardcore haters usually drown out every user score to an average or middling grade.

I do however think the actual metacritic score is a pretty good judge but not until roughly 2 months after an mmo releases.

Pretty much.

0s and 10s all over the place. It's a battleground for fanboys and haters.

The metacritic review based on publications is 87/100.

The metacritic review based on users is 6.1

The people who are playing the game decide how good it is. You could post 10 links to websites that state this game is 100/100, hands down the best game ever made in gaming history, without debate. Guess what? It doesn't matter if the people who are playing the game don't like it.

Why is it so hard for people to understand that some of us like this game and some of us don't? Reviews have zero impact on YOUR GAMEPLAY.

Except half of those metacritic reviews are WoW trolls

And people who would like anything by Michael Bay are not worth listening to. This is not complicated.

User reviews are trash. End of story.

Right. Your opinion is correct, anything contrary is wrong. Pretty much what I figured.

Any review from anyone (professional/user) is meaningless. The real "review" will be what happens to the subscription numbers in a couple months when the mass of initial free/pre-paid times are up. If the game isn't shined up fast, it's going to be a sad one.

No, but that doesn't change the fact that user reviews are unreliable sources of information.

So we can't use user reviews, because those are unreliable. And we can't even use user sentiment to decide an enjoyment factor, because of your 80% Transformers comment. So all that is left to determine whether or not someone is going to enjoy something is based on "real" reviews? So that must mean everyone here enjoys WoW more than SWTOR, right? Since that's how the "real" reviews break it down?

The point that I'm trying to make and you're trying to miss is that reviews, of any sort, are essentially irrelevant. I don't care how many Halo games win game of the year, I don't like Halo. No amount of reviewing is going to change that. I imagine there are plenty of people here who feel the same way about WoW, despite the "positive reviews" it gets.

The only review that matters is YOUR review.

If anyone let's an opinion from another person affect wheter or not you like something...

I think you were already lost.

Besides that, I don't like G4 as I find their host very dull, not funny and obviously over uses female host in what appears to be a male gamer prostitution ring.

Edited by Tiaa

If anyone let's an opinion from another person affect wheter or not you like something...

I think you were already lost.

Besides that, I don't like G4 as I find their host very dull, not funny and obviously over uses female host in what appears to be a male gamer prostitution ring.

My own opinion beats most others opinions to me but someone else opinion can influence me especially regarding something I do not have an opinion on. I don't watch every movie released for instance orplay every game, why? Because ofother peoples opinions.