Medals for scoring/passing in Huttball?

Virindi_UO

It looks like it might be coming this month:

"We also have other exciting features coming in the near future including Ranked Warzone Matches, PvP Stat Tracking, Open World PvP Loot Drops, more Warzone medals for different objectives, Guard Optimizations and Target Optimizations."

It looks like it might be coming this month:

"We also have other exciting features coming in the near future including Ranked Warzone Matches, PvP Stat Tracking, Open World PvP Loot Drops, more Warzone medals for different objectives, Guard Optimizations and Target Optimizations."

Yay!

What's that quote from? Dev blog or something?

They really shouldn't award anything for scoring. All that will do is incentivize even more players that passing in Huttball is a bad thing.

Instead, they should reward all players involved in healing targets carrying the ball, players CC'ing targets that are attacking the ball carrier, any player "guarding" the ball carrier, and any ball carrier that was involved in that particular scoring drive (whether they passed it or caught it).

Farva from the server Swiftsure: "Passing the ball is stupid. It leads to interceptions. Learn to play and stop being an idiot".

Players like Farva will multiple like crazy if a reward is given for scoring.

Edited by Humankeg

They really shouldn't award anything for scoring. All that will do is incentivize even more players that passing in Huttball is a bad thing.

Instead, they should reward all players involved in healing targets carrying the ball, players CC'ing targets that are attacking the ball carrier, any player "guarding" the ball carrier, and any ball carrier that was involved in that particular scoring drive (whether they passed it or caught it).

Farva from the server Swiftsure: "Passing the ball is stupid. It leads to interceptions. Learn to play and stop being an idiot".

You really dont need to pass. Get a jugg to carry and a sorc to life grip when hes out of charge/intercede.

There could be a medal for being part of a scoring passing chain or something like that.

Right now, what you outline is only a possibility, while the reality is that you get medals and objective points for fighting in the middle and not helping the game at all. If you are after commendations, and I suppose most people are, the most efficient thing to do in Huttball is trying to get your kills, protection, heal, defense and so on medals in the middle. Carrying the ball, passing it to someone closer to the goal, or actually scoring, on the other hand, does not gain you anything at all especially if your team is already losing.

In terms of rewards, i.e. PVP gear, the only winning move is not to play.

good passing always wins huttball. and by that i mean the passer must have good awareness AND the receiver must make openings and be EASILY VISIBLE.

that said i've stopped playing huttball like that. because wins by themself arent very beneficial). there are no rewards for quick wins, or scoring/passng exactly like the OP said (altho i am AGAINST medals for scoring. we'd just get too many suiciders trying to be rambo and run the ball past 8 defenders without passing). farming medals from the start to end of a match gets you more of everything, valor, comms, exp, creds. winning is just a side bonus. at least thats how it is at the moment.

here's more or less what i do in huttball from the start:

1. Jump down into pit, grab speed buff, then run to side to pick up expertise buff.

2. Go up on side ramp and look for stragglers who were slow to make it into the middle. GANK them for 3 medals (killing blow, 2.5k dmg single hit, solo kill).

3. Enter the battle in mid, and firstly, tag everyone with my damage. (Hit everyone at least once, aoe dmg helps. this is because the 'kill' system counts your 'kills' as long as u did damage within a decent time frame). After that i focus on dishing out as much damage. gets me easy medals within 2-3minutes (75k dmg dealt, 10 kills).

At this point if i didnt die, i've hit Unbeatable (awarded for 4 medals with no deaths)

4. Run to my team's half and find a safe spot. Let the trauma debuff wear off, then start healing myself with crit heals. If i heal to full, i walk into the fire pit/acid pool to take damage and heal again. earn a few more medals (2.5k healed single hit, 5k healed single hit, 75k healed)

If slightly lucky, hit Invincible (awarded for 7 medals no deaths)

5. Tunnel vision on ball carrier. If a teammate holds it, i go to town wailing on enemies around him, just building up as much damage as i can. tag as many enemies with damage (get 25 kills medal)

If enemy holds ball, kill enemy carrier for defender points. Get the ball, pass it to low health enemy, kill him, get ball again, and repeat till i get medal (1k defender points)

If no deaths: Immortal (awarded for 9 medal streak)

6. FINALLY, i actually try to score/pass to teammates in good positions etc, while at the same time building up to try for the 300k damage medal.

Now about rewards from different outcomes:

Quick Win 6-0 : ~400-600 valor, 30-50 comms

Medal Farm (Win) : ~1400-1600 valor, 100+ comms

Medal Farm (Lose) : ~1000-1400 valor, ~80-100 comms

Edited by thierryfying

Awards for scoring would be fine, unless they were the only objective awards.

Also give medals for: passing, healing the ball carrier, killing an opposing ball carrier, assists(if you were carrying the ball, then passed to the player that scores) and stuff like that.

good passing always wins huttball. and by that i mean the passer must have good awareness AND the receiver must make openings and be EASILY VISIBLE.

that said i've stopped playing huttball like that. because wins by themself arent very beneficial). there are no rewards for quick wins, or scoring/passng exactly like the OP said (altho i am AGAINST medals for scoring. we'd just get too many suiciders trying to be rambo and run the ball past 8 defenders without passing). farming medals from the start to end of a match gets you more of everything, valor, comms, exp, creds. winning is just a side bonus. at least thats how it is at the moment.

here's more or less what i do in huttball from the start:

1. Jump down into pit, grab speed buff, then run to side to pick up expertise buff.

2. Go up on side ramp and look for stragglers who were slow to make it into the middle. GANK them for 3 medals (killing blow, 2.5k dmg single hit, solo kill).

3. Enter the battle in mid, and firstly, tag everyone with my damage. (Hit everyone at least once, aoe dmg helps. this is because the 'kill' system counts your 'kills' as long as u did damage within a decent time frame). After that i focus on dishing out as much damage. gets me easy medals within 2-3minutes (75k dmg dealt, 10 kills).

At this point if i didnt die, i've hit Unbeatable (awarded for 4 medals with no deaths)

4. Run to my team's half and find a safe spot. Let the trauma debuff wear off, then start healing myself with crit heals. If i heal to full, i walk into the fire pit/acid pool to take damage and heal again. earn a few more medals (2.5k healed single hit, 5k healed single hit, 75k healed)

If slightly lucky, hit Invincible (awarded for 7 medals no deaths)

5. Tunnel vision on ball carrier. If a teammate holds it, i go to town wailing on enemies around him, just building up as much damage as i can. tag as many enemies with damage (get 25 kills medal)

If enemy holds ball, kill enemy carrier for defender points. Get the ball, pass it to low health enemy, kill him, get ball again, and repeat till i get medal (1k defender points)

If no deaths: Immortal (awarded for 9 medal streak)

6. FINALLY, i actually try to score/pass to teammates in good positions etc, while at the same time building up to try for the 300k damage medal.

Now about rewards from different outcomes:

Quick Win 6-0 : ~400-600 valor, 30-50 comms

Medal Farm (Win) : ~1400-1600 valor, 100+ comms

Medal Farm (Lose) : ~1000-1400 valor, ~80-100 comms

Except you aren't taking into account time spent per minute per valor/comm. You can steamroll people in 5-6mins (sometimes in 3mins if enough people rage quit early) as opposed to drawing it out the full 15min. So triple those quick win numbers and its the clearly the most efficient way to play. And as long as you're getting quick ques, theres no reason to not play this way. But during off hours milking things IS the way to go.

agree with most of it except guard.. it should be based on preventing damage (through any ability) as opposed to whomever uses guard skill, only one player can use guard on a player at any one time, and if hes not in range, isn't actually doing anything helpful.