Is this game worth $15 a month to you in its current state?

thestackshow

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a hate post, just wondering what the community thinks about the state of the game, and if you think its worth $15 a month for 6 hard modes, dailies, huttball (if your empire this is really the only warzone you are able to play) and one raid.

Is to me. Considering other forms of entertainment, $0.50/day for what I get out of this game is certainly worth it. When it gets to the point where it's not, I won't.

but i disagree on quest design. without completely revamping everything that makes an MMO an MMO that's basically its main staple of quests. its like complaining that their are crates in a FPS shooter.. well duh..

Vehicle quests, more interesting and defined areas, the level of variety of quests are nowhere near up to the standards set in Cataclysm.

what graphic features are missing? jacked up on high the game looks great to me. higher quality models, better visuals in the backgrounds, bigger area's and buildings with more detailed graphics than most mmo's on the market? you do realize its an MMO they cant quite pump out the graphic quality of an FPS game that 1-16 people play at a time in a small area. thats the nature of having multiple players in the same area.

No AA hurts the game a lot. It makes the graphics feel outdated and it's just putting my computer to waste. Also framerate issues plague the game. People with great machines are not getting matching performance. Optimization issues mainly from what I can tell.

and you wanna talk about grind fest.. back in vanilla wow running all over the world to find quests or run instance after instance to level. after you left STV around level 30 wow was nothing but a grind fest that had you hopping all over the place from zone to zone.

Not going to disagree with how WoW was, but that was 7 years ago. The model has shifted since then and SWTOR stayed behind rather than making the quests and leveling a little better. The story is good, but if you look beyond that, the actual game (the part you play) is lacking.

the rest, combat , talents, crafting. i agree need improvements. do you really think they are gonna leave it like it is?

The thing is, why isn't it done by now. Why is this game not comparable to WoW in these areas if they're going to ask for $15 a month? Combat is just rough in comparison, talents are such an outdated design. I don't think they'll leave it like it is, unless they are dumb.

That stuff isn't even content we're talking about. It's game systems that are incredibly poorly thought out. No excuse.

blizzard has proven one thing over the last few years. .your opinion doesn't matter they will do things their way and will destroy every aspect that made wow great one at a time. frankly im tired of it. im tired of their arrogance and im quite happy over here exploring the galaxy and what this game offers. i am more than willing to give bioware time to prove weather this is going to be a lasting game or flavor of the year. if that's not good enough for you. then unsubscribe and wait for the next thing to come along or go back and play wow. while more polished than tor i will say its not of better quality.

It's called nostalgia. I can't tell you how I longed to play original everquest for years. When I finally gave project 99 a shot, I realize how original Everquest was unplayable almost because of how outdated the mechanics were. It was just the memory of my good times playing that made me want to go back.

Blizzard takes a lot of flack for things like this, and I wish there was a vanilla server so people like you could see. I mean you said earlier yourself, vanilla WoW was terrible after STV in terms of leveling. That has been improved a million times over. Talents are much better. SWTOR by itself makes me realize how wrong I was at times for bashing the LFD tool in WoW. Blizzard has made many improvements to the game, and some things I would call steps back.

The thing is though, SWTOR came out in 2011. It doesn't get to compete with WoW from 2004. Bioware is asking for money to play their game, so it needs to be a higher quality product than it is if they're going to ask for the same amount of money as Blizzard is. Over the past decade, first impressions have proven to mean a lot in terms of the longevity of MMO's.

Edited by BrambLed

Yes, because I want to see what Bioware does in the next 6 months before I go to boot camp. The game has potential, a lot of potential. Now don't get me wrong it's a great game imo it just needs more work, but what MMO doesn't? Edited by Darkfailz

Not going to disagree with how WoW was, but that was 7 years ago. The model has shifted since then and SWTOR stayed behind rather than making the quests and leveling a little better. The story is good, but if you look beyond that, the actual game (the part you play) is lacking.

that wasnt 7 years ago chief that was 2 years ago. those quests didnt change till cataclysm. which was well after the time that SWTOR was being developed.

of course over the last year or two new things have come out. but they have to nail a set of features to launch with and then develop newer stuff over time.. otherwise the game never gets out of development.

i dont find it lacking. i wish sometimes the enemies werent so static in the world and did a bit more moving around. perhaps a bit more variety on abilities on NPC's we fight.. but other than that its basicly the same as any other MMO for leveling aspects. the only difference is they made it more interesting by giving you a companion and a story that you get to perticipate in.

the fact that you can sit here and think that the leveling in wow is superior in anyway to tors just blows my mind. i have 10 level 85's in wow 1 of every class i think i know what leveling is for me. .and tor blows wow out of the water its not even in the same class.

I love Star Wars, and haven't played it yet it is downloading, and I can't wait. I love the KOTR games, and incorporating that with MMO is so cool to me. I'm sure I will come across stuff, but I can handle it. If not, I will voice it and wait until stuff gets fixed. Either way, I can't wait to do the stories and quests, it will be so fun.

Absolutely.

I even play a Jedi Guardian and I'm converted.

Naysayers don't understand how game launches work. Protip: It will only get better. And truth be told I haven't found anything all that annoying as it is now other than the occasional ability lag. Missing a crucial interrupt can ruin your day a little bit, but not enough to quit over.

This coming from a 12 year player of the full spectrum of MMOs. TOR is the one with the greatest potential that I've seen.

Guess its not for me yet.

I love the game, but there's just so much that needs to change before I can keep playing it. I wan't to, but its just not there yet.

Maybe in a month or two, or probably at the oceanic launch. Until then, I'll try log in and play, but I'm not sure I will =/

I will be unsubing a day or two before my 30 days runs if nothing major changes. Things such as sound loosing focus when you switch to different window. Lack of constant music. LFG system not being a bit lost. Auction system being pretty much unusable for any kind of serious searches. At time's I just want to log in an blob, but thats not really doable at the moment.

Going to keep a close eye on it, but its not quite there for me yet.