Auto-face. Why do people jump around me looking like idiots, thinking this is WoW.

thewarhammer

How do you lose speed jumping ? You don't lose speed at all.

Well try it, and you'll see you lose a decent % of speed while jumping. The jumping animation decreases running speed, mounted too, try a race with a friend, 1 jumping, 1 not.

Edited by Fufy

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

in good old daoc times you tended to fail meelestyles an stumble while jumping around like a 7yo child with to much coffee and crack.

and when you stumbled your next hit was pretty much delayed

i hate this running around and jumping and and and. its makes things ridiculous

in good old daoc times you tended to fail meelestyles an stumble while jumping around like a 7yo child with to much coffee and crack.

Daoc was skilled and a bit annoying with the melee system at the same time, you had to position yourself in front/sides or back, to use some of your melees strongest styles, but there was tons of "can't see target/not in front/side/back of your target" problems...so most people were using "anytime" skill in mass PVP and back skill for people running away.

Also the /stick was really good and one of the most used macro, most people criticized this feature but i just loved it and couldn't play without it as a melee.:p

what you mean is "it makes things harder for me as i'm a keyboard turner," I think.

laff, so many terrible assassins posting in here

please actually spam maul, that's hilarious

It's not like we'd never use maul. If EW procs we NEED to get behind the target because it IS the highest damage per force skill we can use at that time, thus we need to run/jump around our target. You're really doing it wrong if you don't use maul at all.

Being a Jedi Guardian, in order to use any of my combat/damage dealing abilities, I must have my target facing me.

Thus, coming from the other end of the spectrum, I say F auto-face because of the ranged players who run through you and jump around like idiots making it nigh-impossible to get decent hits on them. You can't even imagine how frustrating it is to have someone -5 to 10 levels below you- run around like an idiot and pop you left and right, while you get maybe 1 hit for every 5 of theirs.

Don't even get me started on Imperial teams with 4 Inquisitors managing to slow all the tanks and melee dpsers down to standstills.

Being a Jedi Guardian, in order to use any of my combat/damage dealing abilities, I must have my target facing me.

Thus, coming from the other end of the spectrum, I say F auto-face because of the ranged players who run through you and jump around like idiots making it nigh-impossible to get decent hits on them. You can't even imagine how frustrating it is to have someone -5 to 10 levels below you- run around like an idiot and pop you left and right, while you get maybe 1 hit for every 5 of theirs.

Don't even get me started on Imperial teams with 4 Inquisitors managing to slow all the tanks and melee dpsers down to standstills.

Dude, sorry but when I read this there´s just one answer to it :

L2P

I am running forth, I want to cast shock - instant - or slow - instant - against the guy chasing me ... I jump, turn in air, cast the instant spell, and turn again .... all this time I am moving forward.

This!

You still need to be facing them to start the casting.

Once you start its pointless, but the advantage comes when they jump behind as you finish a cast and try to cast again (aka grav round)

that exactly.

unload on my powertech for example requires me to actually face the target to start the channel...once its started my toon automatically rotates ...

I am a Trooper, i cast/ channel abilities all the time.

Do Melee classes not know we get auto-face? It dosen't matter where you are, when i click the skill i will automatically face you and cast.

Every Shadow/jug/marauder i fight jumps around me like it does something, while i stand there and spam grav round them to death.

Do people not know casters auto-face?

so you stay at one place making an easy target from yourself? gratz..

Pretty sure all classes auto-face. I don't get the point of this thread. To tell people they look stupid running and jumping around when it isn't necessary? Why does it matter to you? If they want to do it, let them.

Some attacks from certain classes are only possible from the back...of course you try to walk around him to hit him from behind and in the meantime you get the message "you are not behind the target"...this Autoaim turning is a terrible part of the pvp.

Edited by BobaFurz

Do Melee classes not know we get auto-face? It dosen't matter where you are, when i click the skill i will automatically face you and cast.

Every Shadow/jug/marauder i fight jumps around me like it does something, while i stand there and spam grav round them to death.

You only auto-face in PvE.

Auto-facing is disabled in PvP Combat.

You only auto-face in PvE.

Auto-facing is disabled in PvP Combat.

The first time I saw Auto facin was actually in pvp, attacking a Commander and try to get behind himt with a backstab...."you are not behind the target" was the message....running around him like mad to hit him.

The first time I saw Auto facin was actually in pvp, attacking a Commander and try to get behind himt with a backstab...."you are not behind the target" was the message....running around him like mad to hit him.

auto-face in pvp only happens when you are allready channeling a cast ... once the channel is done you no longer auto-face.

as i said before, to start any ability you need to face the target, there is no autoface.

Pretty terrible at PVP if you don't move around. Not sure about this game, but in other games, people couldn't dodge or block attacks from behind either, so even if your melee class had no positional requirements, you still give yourself an advantage by staying behind them. If nothing else, they can't hit you back.

Makes me laugh too