The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Black Talon Juggernaut's Body Armor

AJediKnight

Has anyone ever seen this item? It's supposed to look like a hoodless robe which, if that is the case, would make it the only one available in the game for Juggs. However, it doesn't seem to drop much, if at all, and I have never seen anyone wearing it.

Does it exist at all?

Edited by AJediKnight

Farmed Black Talon for a straigth evening, fully equipped 3 guildies out of the place, never seen it drop. Another guildie farmed it for a full afternoon at level 40 (he was obsessed with dropping the Imperial Agent chestpiece for his pet, don't ask...) and never seen it drop either. Definitely a buggy droptable there, as far as i know.

A hoodless Robe, called 'Foeseeker's Body Armor', drops from the last boss in Cademicu. It looks almost the same as the one that drops in the Black Talon, with one exception: the Foeseeker's Armor shows actual armor on the body instead of what seems to be a simple shirt underneath the robe.

A hoodless Robe, called 'Foeseeker's Body Armor', drops from the last boss in Cademicu. It looks almost the same as the one that drops in the Black Talon, with one exception: the Foeseeker's Armor shows actual armor on the body instead of what seems to be a simple shirt underneath the robe.

Oh? Sounds like I'll be farming him for a bit then.

Warlord's Chestguard, craftable. Level 43 required. Wearing right now, and it looks fabulous.

Uh, the craftable moddable Warlord's Chestguard requires lvl 19.

On topic: that effing armor is the reason i leveled my juggernaut.

I started doing solo runs of BT since level 13 in hopes of seeing that armor. Nothing of the sort. After some 10 runs, i got like 9 juggernaut's gloves. I googled around a bit, i find out that the only way to get the armor is going for the light side option regarding the captain. No problem, even though i'm dark side, i'll get the light side option then the dark side at the end and it will even out. Rinse and repeat. Some 10 more runs... some 7 more juggernaut's gloves, a couple of mara armors... no heavy armor. You can't believe how pissed i was.

I got to level 17 from BT runs alone - i actually ran it till nothing gave me xp anymore, not the quest, not the bosses, nothing. I got the run down to some 25 mins, i knew what answers to select for max approval with Vette. So like i said, because of that damn armor, when i set my foot on Dromund Kaas, i was level 17, i had over 5000 affection with vette and some 20k from selling the junk i got from BT.

Then i got to leveling, i got to Tatooine and got me a nice Vader-like armor. Not 2 days later, i find the schematic for warlord's chestguard, which requires level 19 and looks nice enough. FFffuuuuuu...

Don't waste your time hunting for that armor. Forget it. It doesn't exist. If you're on Ravager EU, send an in game mail to Reznor. I'll be happy to craft you the chestguard and save you the hours of frustration that i experienced.

Has anyone ever seen this item? It's supposed to look like a hoodless robe which, if that is the case, would make it the only one available in the game for Juggs. However, it doesn't seem to drop much, if at all, and I have never seen anyone wearing it.

Does it exist at all?

I have it and I only did BT once :p I've seen others wearing it as well. It dropped off the first miniboss for me.

Yeah, the one from end boss in Cademimu(sp?) is probably easiest to get. If you're soloing the instance with your companion, all the bosses seem to drop your gear. Only problem is that the end boss is one of the few bosses in the game that doesn't become trivial when it starts conning gray because the rocket damage in his fight is environmental and ignores your level.

Haven't been able to get the pants or shoes from there for the set though 8( they're one of those trash drops 8(

maestruljedi is right, that thing never drops. (Sorry to hear you ran BT that many times, that's rough :( and all for no luck!) If anyone's on Ebon Hawk and wants the Warlord's Chestguard (level 19 heavy armor red robes), I'll craft you one. You'll need to put mods in it, but it beats holding out for this.

• 2 weeks later...

I've run the first part of BT and resetted the instance several times, but haven't seen it drop at all. The Juggernaut gloves dropped like 5 times, then I got the Inquisitor gloves and the Marauder chestpiece. My runs are taking 15 minutes through Boran at level 18. Still, getting the gloves 75% of the time sucks

Will try running it again tonight and see what happens. I really want that armor and no one on my server (Keller's Void) is selling the craftable one.

I have it. It looks exactly - and I mean exactly - like the med armor BT version (and also Ardent Blade medium armor). It does not have actual armor beneath the robe. The craftable orange - I think it's called Warlord's Chestguar - is also the exact same thing only in red. If you want a robe in that muted-blue/purple color with armor underneath, Rampage Assault (which someone linked here) is probably your best option.

Oh, btw, if you go with Rampage Assault, the commendations vendor on Alderaan actually has matching legs. Go figure that I'd missed it while leveling and had to come back and do grey heroics later to collect 12 badges:)

Edited by direborne

• 2 weeks later...
I have it. It looks exactly - and I mean exactly - like the med armor BT version (and also Ardent Blade medium armor). It does not have actual armor beneath the robe. The craftable orange - I think it's called Warlord's Chestguar - is also the exact same thing only in red. If you want a robe in that muted-blue/purple color with armor underneath, Rampage Assault (which someone linked here) is probably your best option.

Oh, btw, if you go with Rampage Assault, the commendations vendor on Alderaan actually has matching legs. Go figure that I'd missed it while leveling and had to come back and do grey heroics later to collect 12 badges:)

ok so how did you get it ? i tried killing and not killing the captain still nothing !

• 3 weeks later...

Here's an interesting fact.

I spent a couple of days farming BT for the blasted chest, but had to give up and get the crafted lvl 25 version (which looks quite nice, being red and all).

After having the chest crafted i went to Dromun Kaas to pick up the yellow matrix shard (in the "Shadow spawn" heroic area). This area is the home to a Champion, Dr. Pammel Tarqus and his two beasts "shadow" and "Wraith".

Killing off all three yielded two robes, one medium and one heavy with the same mesh as the Black talon Juggernaut's body armor.

The Irony ...it BURNS!

So there you go. An ACTUAL (unlike the fabled Black talon robe) way to get a hold of a moddable chest that looks like a robe. Happy hunting!

Edited by Ondspurv

Does it exist at all?

I have it.. I hate armor without hoods so I put it on Pierce

Here's an interesting fact.

I spent a couple of days farming BT for the blasted chest, but had to give up and get the crafted lvl 25 version (which looks quite nice, being red and all).

After having the chest crafted i went to Dromun Kaas to pick up the yellow matrix shard (in the "Shadow spawn" heroic area). This area is the home to a Champion, Dr. Pammel Tarqus and his two beasts "shadow" and "Wraith".

Killing off all three yielded two robes, one medium and one heavy with the same mesh as the Black talon Juggernaut's body armor.

The Irony ...it BURNS!

So there you go. An ACTUAL (unlike the fabled Black talon robe) way to get a hold of a moddable chest that looks like a robe. Happy hunting!

****, I just got one as well and can confirm that it in fact is orange and looks every bit like the black talon marauder's robe but is heavy armor instead; it's called vindicator's chestguard and binds on equip.

To think that I went all the way to 40 without a robe of any kind...