Vette made the news!

LohKey

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't be so unfair to the article, there's nothing in it that isn't true, and people do love shocking Vette.

I don't love shocking Vette, no; torture is where I draw the big, bold-face, unshakeable line. I can't abide torture in any way or form or for any reason, even fictional characters for entertainment purposes. Torture is the most despicable act any one person can commit.

It doesn't say as much about SW:TOR as it does about humanity. Are humans really this disappointingly terrible?

Don't be so unfair to the article, there's nothing in it that isn't true, and people do love shocking Vette.

I don't love shocking Vette, no; torture is where I draw the big, bold-face, unshakeable line. I can't abide torture in any way or form or for any reason, even fictional characters for entertainment purposes. Torture is the most despicable act any one person can commit.

It doesn't say as much about SW:TOR as it does about humanity. Are humans really this disappointingly terrible?

You wrote all this, yet you play empire. The irony is thick.

Torture is the most despicable act any one person can commit.

Joined a cannibalistic cult in Skyrim and tricked a monk into becoming dinner for my initiation. Honestly, shocking Vette doesn't seem that despicable to me.

Edited by Philophobic

Joined a cannibalistic cult in Skyrim and tricked a monk into becoming dinner for my initiation. Honestly, shocking Vette doesn't seem that despicable to me.

I was thinking about this as well. Also I beat a man in a cage to death with a rusty mace while he pleaded with me to stop. Then he was resurrected, and I did it again. Skyrim is really kind of sick in a lot of ways.

TOR is tame, but seems to make the news.

It's just not really newsworthy, that's all. I dare say that as long as there has been such a thing as fiction, some of that fiction has depicted less than savoury things goings on. I don't really see how it's any major surprise, to the Daily Mail or anyone else, that this is as true for games as it is for all other forms of fiction.

What this all boils down to is fear of the unknown. People don't understand, so they lash out at it in fear.

Funny thing is, Yoda's wisdom is probably true.

"Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering."

I was thinking about this as well. Also I beat a man in a cage to death with a rusty mace while he pleaded with me to stop. Then he was resurrected, and I did it again. Skyrim is really kind of sick in a lot of ways.

TOR is tame, but seems to make the news.

See, I got the Mace of Molag Bal too, on a particular playthrough. I did lots of crazy/despicable things on different characters. I did lots of heroic/selfless things on others. I think what gets me about Vette is how proud people are of their decision to treat her poorly, like said in the article. Maybe if Skyrim were an MMO, or at least had a quick way of talking to other Skyrim players like a chat channel, it would be full of "lol just killed and ate a guy lol" too.

It's a game where you kill, slay and murder. Why would one suddenly care about torture?

There are still places in the world where people seem to think that video games and comics are only toys for little kids and as such shouldn't permit more mature content. Also, notice the phrase "torment female slave with electric shock collar". It sounds like some kind of BDSM game and herald depravations that we - players - relish in. What people won't write just to have a few hundreds more views on their site... Who would skip SUCH news?

Attention Bioware- DO NOT CHANGE A THING!

I seriously hope they do not cave to such an obviously slanted article.

That article is great press!

Bioware needs to add more abuse and cruelty to get the crazies foaming at the mouth.

I had a seizure at the comment implying that what is done in game will happen in real life now.

Me too. I killed a ton of kids back in the late 90s in Fallout, and to this day, I still haven't killed any in real life. I mean, that was over 12 years ago, and yet it hasn't caught up with me yet... Weird!

Sith torture in the line of duty and I got no problem shocking the crap out of anyone I got to in order to get what I need such as a defector. However torturing Vette really has no validity and doesn't serve any purpose so I treat her like a partner in mayhem.