Buffing Etiquette

Nautius

Edited: Buff everyone you see as you run around!

(End Edits)

And then we can all be buffed.

Sometimes I like to buff hard and fast and sometimes slow and easy!

But buffing is fun. You don't have to make a commitment.

Here's a little fact: Currently, the species offered in TOR are the only ones that are know to buff for pleasure and not out of instinct.

So, I say let's buff one another. And often.

Buff a Buddy

Edited by Nautius

I totally agree that it's only polite to reciprocate.

....But!

I just wanted to point out that it's not always totally obvious that someone just buffed you, especially when you aren't expecting it. I bet that a lot of the time the person you buff didn't even notice it. Some of the animations just don't jump out at you.

Edited by belialle

I totally agree that it's only polite to reciprocate.

....But!

I just wanted to point out that it's not always totally obvious that someone just buffed you, especially when you aren't expecting it. I bet that a lot of the time the person you buff didn't even notice it. Some of the animations just don't jump out at you.

Yes, buffing a person who is asleep or not paying attention is pleasure for some and rude for others... very important point! ;)

I know I am making light of it, but in many, maaannny cases I wonder if people even know they have them.

I just buff anyone I see if I can. I figure if most people are doing the same, we would all have most of them up at any given time.

It's just being nice and courteous.

And I was not being serious about any kind of requirement to buff back.

I buff freely and without expecting return buffs.

You have to be willing to give of yourself without expectation of return in order to properly buff someone.

Sometimes I'll target someone running through the area I'm in and can only buff them as they're about to clear the screen! Should they stop what they're doing, turn around, come find me and figure out who buffed them, then buff me back?

No, just keep going, and buff someone else to return the favor!

Don't be stingy with your buffs.

Unfortunately when you give you shouldn't expect anything back. Some people might be afk or just not notice it. If you don't like getting buffed back just don't bother doing it at all.

Are you insinuating there are selfish buffers (sorry, had to keep in the theme).:p

Edited: Buff everyone you see as you run around!

(End Edits)

And then we can all be buffed.

Sometimes I like to buff hard and fast and sometimes slow and easy!

But buffing is fun. You don't have to make a commitment.

Here's a little fact: Currently, the species offered in TOR are the only ones that are know to buff for pleasure and not out of instinct.

So, I say let's buff one another. And often.

Buff a Buddy

I agree. I've always done that in all the MMOGs I've played.

If I buff you, you should be buff me back. It's polite.

However, people rarely seem to do that in this game. In fact, the only times I tend to be buffed by other people is when I'm grouping with them.

It's all very odd.

Edited by JarenVestrit

I shamefully admit that I sometimes forget the obligatory buff-back. Either because I failed to notice the buff or because I am in a group and I'm nervous that I'll screw something up and thus (once again) fail to notice the buff.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.