I appreciate that there aren't macro's and add-ons. Thanks BW!

CleverNameHere

No -- what it does is make optional player-created add-ons mandatory in order to maintain a level playing field.

So does having some abilities that are better then other.. It creates a mandatory rotation in order to maintain a level playing field, lets may all abilities the exact same

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If all competitors in the Olympics were allowed to use performance enhancing drugs, then yes, it would be a level playing field.

Some athletes may choose to handicap themselves, but if they were legal, then it's part of the sport.

And to use your example.

People are playing on a level playing field right now, without using performance drugs.

You are advocating that they (everyone) allow performance drugs so that you may use them too.

Try that argument with the Sports officials and see how far you get.

So does having some abilities that are better then other.. It creates a mandatory rotation in order to maintain a level playing field, lets may all abilities the exact same

But thats to be expected....Having to have add-ons should not be.

I'm performing at the level that I think I should be. DPS meters help confirm that.

there is a simple way to look at if your doing good for your level

1. are you doing more than your basic attack?

2. are you making good use of your interrupts

i mean a jedi guardian specced for dps when geared right does quite well but not if I am only doing my basic strike. try to come up with a combo and rotate them around

strike, strike, slash, strike, force sweep, master strike, blade storm, force stasis, force push saber throw, force leap. (provided you are using the vigilance talent tree this will be finished and you will still have plenty of focus to continue the chain and loop it. in the event of an elite you just take out saber throw and force leap)

i have yet to have anyone complain about my level 38 doing terribly with DPS and i do world boss raids daily starting on coruscant and going from there to tatooine then alderaan then nar shaddaa and then taris.

i mean the game is so painstakingly simple that i dont see why i need to see if im doing enough damage by a meter. im doing enough damage if the enemy in question dies.

if you need numbers flashing on your screen besides the flytext when you attack then well all the power to ya i just ask that you dont become an elitist pig like the majority of these supporters are already or will be if they do get implemented.

Read through some of the pages, lot of ****** responses for both sides, however my only question is.....

All you kids who are so against mods and add-ons and are claiming that it creates an "easy-mode" game, where are your top 100 world anything in WoW or other games that allow the use of mods/add-ons? Kills, DPS/Heal rankings, anything of the sort, high pvp level.

I guarantee the few kids in this thread that are claiming it made WoW easy, don't have any proof to back up their claims of it making the game easy.

Go ahead, prove me wrong.

No, it's not allowed because performance enhancing drugs are generally dangerous to the athlete and the rule is in place to ensure the safety of the athlete. There are all kinds of drugs and supplements that athletes take all the time because they're legal and safe. A body builder gets to use creatine and other protein supplements to increase his mass over what regular food could do and because all members of the sport may do this, it's level.

If everyone is on steroids, it's just as level as if everyone isn't on steroids. That's not an opinion, it's a statement of logical fact.

If everyone is allowed to use mods, the playing field remains level.

Excessive use of mods are dangerous to the stability of my game client.

Some people play WoW with so many mods that it causes lag, crashes, and other problems.

I do not feel that I should have to choose between the stability of my game client versus being judged able to compete in certain content by other players.

Furthermore I especially don't want developers ramping the difficulty of the content to take mods into account thus degrading the play experience further of those who do not wish to use them. This is also proven to happen.

Once more analogous to the use of performance enhancing drugs in sport.

And to use your example.

People are playing on a level playing field right now, without using performance drugs.

You are advocating that they (everyone) allow performance drugs so that you may use them too.

Try that argument with the Sports officials and see how far you get.

No, because, again, performance enhancing drugs are illegal BECAUSE THEY'RE DANGEROUS, not because of their effects. Legal, safe performance enhancing drugs exist. Human growth hormone, for example. Creatine. All kinds of stuff, and they're all legal because they're safe, or at least safe enough.

Mods aren't dangerous. No one can die.

The difference is that with add-ons a player that is playing the game as designed and presented by the company that created and runs the game is gimped out of the box. Rotations, and experimenting to find which ones work best, is dealing with content that is already in the game, created by the developers. Add-ons are not, and make anyone who is playing the game as presented by the developers gimped in comparison to a player who is playing the modified version of the game.

Lets take a look at some of the suggestions people have for the game and some of the known adds usually do

suggestions = addon's

re size move ui = check

sort and search ah = check

keymap on mouse over = check

track quests by lvl = check

power auras = check

and many many more add ons would lighten the load for BW on things people are asking for I'm not for or against add ons i just want some of the suggestions done. move re size ui definitely add on or not. they aren't all bad and are utility's. as for macro's every cast a mouse over spell like healing. I'd like that or a cast on focus spell not the modifier it doesn't work all the time for some reason, a button to cast shield on my companion maybe yep would be nice to be able to do it without targeting them

I wouldn't mind macros. Mods I am in the air about as the game is so fresh. I would definitely like to be able to macro.

Let me explain what I view macros are. The ability to re-do your abilities under an entirely different icon, like in WoW or Warhammer Online.

So for example, under one brand new icon(or re-use the same icon) I can place two abilities. Like for example, I want to define a macro for Strike and Slash.

So:

/perform Strike

[alt]/perform Slash

Why would I want to do this?

I have small hands. I can generally only reach the "t" and "5" key while pressing WASD. I have friends who can hit up to "9" because their fingers are hideously long.

So instead of "leveling the playing field" and have everyone reduce their hand sizes with butcher knives, I wouldn't mind be given more flexibility to re-map my binds through macros. Like the individual who posted earlier about having only one hand, small hands mean I can only reach so many buttons on a standard keyboard.

Why not just have to separate places icons and remember your binds? Because, if things work properly, the icon will never be lit up, unless I have sufficient focus to perform Slash, but I know I can still perform Strike. This gives me information without having to look at so many different places.

Or:

[Ctrl + Mouse U]/perform Lucky Draw

[Ctrl + Mouse D]/perform Sprint

The whole purpose is to reduce clutter on the UI and allow for more vision. Yes, this does give people an advantage, but these are not very difficult to learn, unlike keeping mods up to date and reading the manuals on how to set them up, etc.

Title says it all.

I like the game without macro's and add-on's that allow you to spam one button for everything. I currently play a level 40 combat medic and enjoy the thought process that goes through when playing.

Please don't cave in to the lazy.

The funny part is, if you really wanted to, you could still macro out the entire game to one button using built in keyboard macro's.

Honestly, I don't really care either way. The one thing I would like is a way to move the UI parts around and even scale the UI down a bit so I can see more game, and less UI crap on the screen. Maybe another row of action bars? A small potion bar? There are some things that would be nice.

Add-ons allow modders to take control of this, which is good and bad. But I don't think there is enough customization with the UI currently.

Don't tell them that, If you disagree with add-ons your a bad.

Then again I know people who will say if you want add-ons then you must be elite.

And neither are true. However what is true(And we have proof look at WoW)if add-ons come into the game and make things easier(which they will)then the developers have to make the fights harder, which in turns means everyone has to have them to do the content. Thats taking a choice away from those of us who don't want add-ons.

So taking a choice from you, bad, you taking a choice away from those that want mods good?

Funny, no one forces you to use macros and addons.

Perhaps you should enjoy playing the way you like to play, and have the respect for others to allow them to do the same.

Stop worrying about how other people play.

isn't that the pot calling the kettle black!

maybe you should stop worrying about how other people want to play as well

The difference is that with add-ons a player that is playing the game as designed and presented by the company that created and runs the game is gimped out of the box. Rotations, and experimenting to find which ones work best, is dealing with content that is already in the game, created by the developers. Add-ons are not, and make anyone who is playing the game as presented by the developers gimped in comparison to a player who is playing the modified version of the game.

That is a gross exaggeration, to the point of a fallacy.

isn't that the pot calling the kettle black!

maybe you should stop worrying about how other people want to play as well

Actually, no. people who want mods let people who want no mods be, the ones who dont want mods are the only ones preventing a playstyle.

So taking a choice from you, bad, you taking a choice away from those that want mods good?

The game has no mods. They cannot be taken away.

By adding them you would be taking away the play environment that those who do not wish for there to be mods are accustomed to.

Read through some of the pages, lot of ****** responses for both sides, however my only question is.....

All you kids who are so against mods and add-ons and are claiming that it creates an "easy-mode" game, where are your top 100 world anything in WoW or other games that allow the use of mods/add-ons? Kills, DPS/Heal rankings, anything of the sort, high pvp level.

I guarantee the few kids in this thread that are claiming it made WoW easy, don't have any proof to back up their claims of it making the game easy.

Go ahead, prove me wrong.

they made the game without them .. they did something right the others games failed at

don't have to prove anything to you .. you are not the game designer so :p besides people can lie about their in game accomplishments so easy it's not even funny .. web sites and data can be easily spoofed .. you can lie and have no proof those "top world" anythings are yours anyway .. too easy to lie on the internet

WAY to go BW you did great with no mods or add ons ..

THANK YOU!!! for not making the game easy mode ( yet anyway )

No, because, again, performance enhancing drugs are illegal BECAUSE THEY'RE DANGEROUS, not because of their effects. Legal, safe performance enhancing drugs exist. Human growth hormone, for example. Creatine. All kinds of stuff, and they're all legal because they're safe, or at least safe enough.

Mods aren't dangerous. No one can die.

Wow, you're not very good with logic are you.

You just stated dangerous illegal performance drugs, then you stated safe legal performance enhancing drugs. So why did you assume I was only talking about the illegal drugs? lol

So then lets go back to your example, and I'll be specific to talk about the "Legal" ones. And just so you know, Growth Hormones are not legal in sports right now, yet you state they are safe. So how will you present that argument to advocate for its use? Go on.

But again, you're missing the crucial point in which you are ignoring.

It's the concept that you are trying to introduce a new element to an already stable environment. It's only necessary because YOU find it necessary. And you apparently find it necessary to Handicap people that don't follow suit.

Edited by Lazorous

Actually, no. people who want mods let people who want no mods be, the ones who dont want mods are the only ones preventing a playstyle.

well that's your opinion and you are entitled to it .. we sat down long enough and let other loud mouths ruin all the other games so now we have a voice and we will use it!!!

The game has no mods. They cannot be taken away.

By adding them you would be taking away the play environment that those who do not wish for there to be mods are accustomed to.

By arguing they stay out, you are arguing that choice remain gone.

In a neighborhood of all read houses, if someone wants a green one, and the HOA says no, they are still taking away a choice.

And no, you would not take away from the play environment of those that do not wish for there to be mods, cause guess what, you dont have to use them.

I'm confused. People actually like the fact that they are limited to 4 quickbars and that the OPS group window covers up one of them in warzones and the companion bar forcibly covers one of them for some unknown reason? They enjoy the fact that there is no customization to the user interface? They enjoy that there is no combat log? They enjoy the fact that in order to split a stack of items you have to shift click/drag which also inputs the item into your chat window? They enjoy the fact that healing is significantly more cumbersome than in other modern mmos?

This is all very confusing for me considering how awful this game's UI is. I like the game a lot, but the UI is so frustrating that it is almost a deal-breaker for me.