What does the term "premade" mean?

Zaodon

Any group that beats you.

At least to hear some people talk about it. In reality it's a group of people formed before the warzone, queuing together. Ideally in a voice chat and knowledge of each other classes and roles etc.

Edited by Dashall

Any group that beats you.

And if one was to try to be helpful: A group of players queueing together. Premades often have better communication than pugs, and thus feel harder to play against. It's "pre"-made because the group is already made before the warzone starts.

And if one was to try to be helpful: A group of players queueing together. Premades often have better communication than pugs, and thus feel harder to play against. It's "pre"-made because the group is already made before the warzone starts.

Oh, duh. Got it, thanks. :)

• 4 years later...
I've seen people talking about "premade", but I have no idea what it means.

Thanks in advance.

Often times I see noobs yelling in chat we are facing a premade right before they quit... And, I look at the opposite team and they are indeed NOT a premade...

Like someone above said, dumb ***** and noobs will call any team you face who is beating your *** a premade now.

BTW, don't quit matches you will never get better if you quit because you begin losing. Nothing worse than quitters imo.

I've seen people talking about "premade", but I have no idea what it means.

Thanks in advance.

Premade is a term that is thrown around, but can be defined in many different ways

The absolute basic term is a group of player who queue grouped in a match. That could be a pre formed group of 2, 3 or 4.

The premade that is often discussed the most but is rarely used in reg PVP, is the trinity Premade. This consists of a perfectly balanced premade. Usually 1 healer, 1 tank and 2 DPS. They will also be on voice chat to coordinate tactics.

This is the premade that most fear, but is usually reserved for ranked or PVE people learning to PVP. But there aren't that many of these running around.

There is also the premade of mixed classes, but also on voice chat to coordinate tactics. This is the second most feared premade. But once again, these are rare.

Then we have these following versions that can be considered more comon Premades, some in the loosest of terms.

These are in no particular order

Random group of PVP players on random classes that form into a group as matches progress and they find like minded players in those matches. Usually just starting as 2 and building to 4. Some of the time people don't even know each other and are definitely not on voice.

Random group of players that know each other or are friends of friends. These guys form up before deciding to PVP. Usually these guys have 1 or 2 people from the same guild, but not always. They will be on mixed classes. In no way are they a trinity. "Sometimes" they may have voice chat for social reasons, not to give an advantage in PVP. But considering they can be solo, non guild or from different guilds, voice isn't used much. *** I believe this is the most comon premade, but is often over looked because people can't tell it from a random pug group ***

Groups of guildies on random classes. These guys may or may not be on voice chat. If they are they aren't using it for tactics, just socially. *** this is the most seen and identifiable premade, but I don't believe it's the most comon ***

Then there are the smaller Premades in similar versions as above. They can have 2 or 3 people.

I will add one note. Just because people are in any sort of premade, it does not mean they are using voice chat. Even if they are, they are normally not using it for tactics. This is often a misconception pug players have when they see a premade, they just assume they are using it like a trinity premade would. Most groups that may use voice chat use it for everything but tactics.

Random groups don't use voice at all.

Good pvpers who often play together don't need voice chat. They know how their team mates play and have situational experience, ie, can read a map and also count how many enemies vs how many of their own team are around them.

This is the type of premade I play. I don't use voice chat. I don't need it to play in a premade. I know lots of others don't use voice chat either.

Edited by TrixxieTriss
  • Like 1

"Random group of PVP players on random classes that form into a group as matches progress and they find like minded players in those matches. Usually just starting as 2 and building to 4. Some of the time people don't even know each other and are definitely not on voice."

These are the groups I usually end up in. We barely talk out side of calls and just have some common sense.

"Random group of PVP players on random classes that form into a group as matches progress and they find like minded players in those matches. Usually just starting as 2 and building to 4. Some of the time people don't even know each other and are definitely not on voice."

These are the groups I usually end up in. We barely talk out side of calls and just have some common sense.

Don't be a dirty necro, Ruhun. Just don't. Go wash yourself now you filthy heathen.

• 7 years later...
On 5/18/2016 at 10:47 PM, TrixxieTriss said:

Premade is a term that is thrown around, but can be defined in many different ways

This is the type of premade I play. I don't use voice chat. I don't need it to play in a premade. I know lots of others don't use voice chat either.

This was a good post to educate new players but could be updated to include farming premades and objective only premades.