My suggestion to solve the forum QQ

xNonphixionx

Bioware, make it so you need to have an active subscription in order to post on the forums if you havent already.

I would almost guarentee that half the posters dont even play and are just doing anything and everything to ruin other peoples enjoyment.

The human species is a virus to the planet. These forums are a prime example. So please...Have more restrictions to who can/cannot post. People with a free month only should not be able to post without having an active subscription. Rift did this shortly after release and it worked WONDERS.

Bioware, make it so you need to have an active subscription in order to post on the forums if you havent already.

I would almost guarentee that half the posters dont even play and are just doing anything and everything to ruin other peoples enjoyment.

The human species is a virus to the planet. These forums are a prime example. So please...Have more restrictions to who can/cannot post. People with a free month only should not be able to post without having an active subscription. Rift did this shortly after release and it worked WONDERS.

I personally believe it's Blizz, gold farmers, or other MMO's that fear this game and it's momentum. Let's face it, this is a billion dollar industry. People's careers are at stake. Keep that in mind when you read some of the garbage posted here.

FFS. The forums already require an active subscription to post. You can't get access to your free 30 days WITHOUT creating a subscription.

Edited by DannyInternets

FFS. The forums already require an active subscription to post. You can't get access to your free 30 days WITHOUT creating a subscription.

don't bother, its not worth it ;o (talking about making sense, not about subscribing.)

Edited by dgfbadkarma

I personally believe it's Blizz, gold farmers, or other MMO's that fear this game and it's momentum. Let's face it, this is a billion dollar industry. People's careers are at stake. Keep that in mind when you read some of the garbage posted here.

I love this one. It's so... absurd. Nobody is paying anybody for anything. Blizzard's response to SW:TOR was to offer an annual plan which included a free copy of Diablo III. That's the kind of gesture a company of their size make. They don't employ spotty adolescents to troll other folks' forums. Why would they? It'd be such a reputational risk for so little gain.

I mean, honestly, who goes "ooh a new MMO, I guess I'll read the official forums before I decide whether or not to purchase"? Who exactly is the target audience for these undercover operatives? People who have already bought the game? No amount of criticism on the forum will compete with a user experience so people wouldn't be dissuaded from subscribing if they knew they were enjoying it.

So, again, who would these people be paid to affect if not prospective subscribers (as they don't base buying decisions on forums) and not active subscribers (because they have a far more powerful influencer on their opinion in the form of actual access to the game)?

Crazy.

I love this one. It's so... absurd. Nobody is paying anybody for anything. Blizzard's response to SW:TOR was to offer an annual plan which included a free copy of Diablo III. That's the kind of gesture a company of their size make. They don't employ spotty adolescents to troll other folks' forums. Why would they? It'd be such a reputational risk for so little gain.

I mean, honestly, who goes "ooh a new MMO, I guess I'll read the official forums before I decide whether or not to purchase"? Who exactly is the target audience for these undercover operatives? People who have already bought the game? No amount of criticism on the forum will compete with a user experience so people wouldn't be dissuaded from subscribing if they knew they were enjoying it.

So, again, who would these people be paid to affect if not prospective subscribers (as they don't base buying decisions on forums) and not active subscribers (because they have a far more powerful influencer on their opinion in the form of actual access to the game)?

Crazy.

It's called "FUD marketing", and it's quite well established: http://www.cavcomp.demon.co.uk/halloween/fuddef.html

Here's another suggestion: get the DEVS (gasp) to post here and talk about game's issues?

Or you're saying game is perfect?

No, but it is enjoyable.

As for the OP, I actually thought this as well. Many people "claim" to have quit this game and will not renue their subscription, so how about make it to where to post int he primary forums here, you need to be an active subscriber to the game to make threads or reply. That is solution #1

Solution #2 could be to allow anyone to post in the "New Player" forums because there could be people there who aren't subsribers but are potential subscribers but they may want to discuss the game before they buy. Then block them out of posting everyone else, just allow them to post in the New Player/Help forums.

Solution #3 Allow anyone to post replies, but only allow subscribers to make threads.

This of course would not eliminate the problem, but it could cut it down by like 70%-80%

It's called "FUD marketing", and it's quite well established: http://www.cavcomp.demon.co.uk/halloween/fuddef.html

Oh I get it (thanks for the link though, will give it a proper read in a sec!) but I can't see how the official forum would ever be the correct channel to implement it on.

MMO-C perhaps - that I could definitely see as their install base is already WoW-centric so there it could have great impact.

Here though - as I say, the percentage of people who would feel compelled to check official forums before making a buying decision must be ridiculously small and those who already own the game are now beyond the scope of a FUD campaign simply because no amount of bad-mouthing will ever compete with access to the product itself in terms of persuasion power. After all, in the latter scenario, a purchasing decision has already been made and you won't convince someone who's having a legitimately fun time to drop it and go back to your own MMO no matter how harshly you flame the boards with bug reports, etc.

There's no reason to operate such a campaign on this specific forum. As I say, other channels, sure. This one, however, would simply have too skewed a risk:reward ratio to make it worthwhile.

Yeah, let's make it so dissenting opinions can't be heard! 'Merica!

But dude, this is the way all general forums are, everywhere.

So how about just create a "Feedback" forum for this and allow the general forum to actually discuss the game.

And stop acting like all of the negative threads are gamers just wanting their opinions heard. Most of these threads are people complaining that this isn't like their favorite [insert here] MMO thus coming to the conclusion that this isn't a true MMO etc etc etc.

So this feature is already implemented?

yes, in 2 weeks you will notice a lot less trolling.

or just as much. but if that's the case that means everybody that said they were going to cancel didn't or they are paying 14.99 to troll

either way bioware wins

yes, in 2 weeks you will notice a lot less trolling.

or just as much. but if that's the case that means everybody that said they were going to cancel didn't or they are paying 14.99 to troll

either way bioware wins

Sound about right. I remember during EGA it was said that come December 20th, if you didn't subscribe, you cannot post anything, you can just view the forums.

Makes sense, we'll see how it turns out....

I agree! Does anyone even remember that QQ originally didn't mean crying in forums? Or where it even came from? Probably not many...:mad:

Please, you're derailing the thread and if continued, I will flag your post. The topic of this thread is regarding a way to stop or at least stop many of the immature complaining, not the origin behind the term "QQ" please stay on topic or do not post at all.

Thanks

:)

1)Or...don't go on the forums.

2)And if you do go on the forums...learn to form your own thoughts and not take the negative comments so seriously...?

Personally, my gaming experience is not being ruined by immature players who are just looking for attention/trolling. If they are bothering you, I would do either 1 or 2.

Edited by LightLight