SWTOR sales take a hit (surprise surprise)

Vren

So you're saying every product ever has steady sales from the day it goes on sale for a long period after? Maybe it could be is there was a surge after it went on sale and during the holidays and now most that want it right away have it. Once you have a blender you don't go out and buy another one.

The article has a giant WOW banner behind the article. I think that any drop in sales that drastic should raise eye-brows, but any statistical data that is looked at in a vacuum will always serve the purpose of the person posting the statistic. According to UK users there is more at work here. Something involving the game's availability, the EU servers, and the post-holiday shopping drop.

Directly from the article.

"MMOCrunch speculates that the drop-off in post-holiday shopping is the primary culprit, and we've also yet to see a true advertising blitz like we've seen for games like RIFT and World of Warcraft."

Flag this thread for trolling please.

Edited by Sparklehorse

Guess what noobs (referencing those who post sales infornation without actually thinking or knowing)....

Nothing maintains high sales after its release they actually decrease. Also... the sales numbers are based on how many were sold next to other games, other games being either single player pc games such as The Sims or console titles like Halo Anniversary, in fact SWTOR was the highest selling PC title in regards to its genre (MMORPG). Meaning sales didnt go down in the sense they like to make them, but more so didnt sell as well as single player titles kids go out to spend their christmas money on. Go figure... i know the two locations nearby me had troubles stocking the game as a friend had to hunt for a copy after christmas...

"Post Holiday Shopping"

Yea.. Tor is going down!!

/sarcasm.

Exactly.

A. We just passed Christmas.

B. We're a couple of weeks past launch now.

Considering Christmas and launch are always very high points in a game's sales, the drop at this point should be expected. It's not a sign of impending doom... Just economics at work.

There's a difference between thinking logically and being a fanboy.

Logic? No one is using logic.

Logic would mean you are looking at it's drop off relative to the drop off of any other games released around the same time.

You would also want to look at just how much of a drop off it is (actual numbers) and if it is being out sold by older MMOs and to a lesser degree games in general.

A game selling less post Christmas is fine, a game going from 10th spot to 38th in sales against other games (that logically would have a drop off too) is worrisome.

WOW your smart!! I always thought items sold more during release and during the holidays season and sales slowed down after Christmas. I must have been wrong.. I bet you a CEO for one of those banking places like Lehman Brothers.

It's dropping relative to ALL other game sales. That is more then just a "post Christmas" slowdown.