Anyone grinding to rank 60 valor, i've got a warning for you.

SinisterWarlock

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was planning to get to valor rank 60, to get the battlemaster gear, it was a tough choice, i really didn't know if i wanted to do all those warzones, but i decided it would be worth it in the end.

As soon as I got to valor rank 51 I had a nasty surprise. The carrot on the stick was suddenly no longer on a stick, moreso across the atlantic and on another country.

Valor ranks 1-50 increment in a linear fashion, about 100 more valor per level than the last, so by time you're rank 50 you require about 10k valor per level.

At rank 51, totally out of the blue, it now increments by 4k valor per level. You'll need to gain in valor to reach the following ranks:

52: 13.7k

53: 17k

53: 21k

54: 25k

55: 29k

56: 33k

57: 37k

58: 41k

59: 44k

60: 48k

Rank 57-60 will take you as long as you spent doing ranks 1-40, or ranks 40-50.

I unsubbed from the game after finding this out. I don't think it's very good to accustom the player that valor ranks go up in a linear fashion and then suddenly turn it into an epic grind AFTER you've already put in the effort to get to rank 50. Do they think the player will just accept it anyway since they already put in the effort to get to valor 50? Not this player. /unsub

LOL! Not sure if trolling or not but... uh what?

It takes you 10-15 WZs between 59-60, Thats not asking for much imo and far from an "epic grind" as you put it. I took 58-60 yesterday on my sorc and it was no trouble at all. You get a minimum of 2k valor per WZ aslong as you get those 4 medals needed, its not hard, its far quicker now compared to pre-patch.

Unsubbed because of a "grind"...

Edited by SneakyErvin

LOL! Not sure if trolling or not but... uh what?

It takes you 10-15 WZs between 59-60, Thats not asking for much imo and far from an "epic grind" as you put it. I took 58-60 yesterday on my sorc and it was no trouble at all. You get a minimum of 2k valor per WZ aslong as you get those 4 medals needed, its not hard, its far quicker now compared to pre-patch.

Unsubbed because of a "grind"...

Nope, pretty sure back when I got to Battlemaster awhile ago, I had to do around 70 wz's to go from 59 to 60. Just recently in the last few patches they've virtually quadrupled the amount of valor you get in every warzone. I remember getting around 700 to 800 valor per win, now with the latest patches you get around 2500 to 3000 per win.

So yeah, going from 50 to 60 meant HUNDREDS and HUNDREDS of wz's, now it means you get it in a quarter of the time.

Basically SWTOR is taking the dreaded path of WoW. Where you'd spend MONTHS grinding for PvP and PvE gear, then in the next patch they'd be basically giving it away so that everyone could have that same gear from a weekend of battlegrounds...

I expected TOR to take this path after about 5 years, not after just a few months...

I was planning to get to valor rank 60, to get the battlemaster gear, it was a tough choice, i really didn't know if i wanted to do all those warzones, but i decided it would be worth it in the end.

As soon as I got to valor rank 51 I had a nasty surprise. The carrot on the stick was suddenly no longer on a stick, moreso across the atlantic and on another country.

Valor ranks 1-50 increment in a linear fashion, about 100 more valor per level than the last, so by time you're rank 50 you require about 10k valor per level.

At rank 51, totally out of the blue, it now increments by 4k valor per level. You'll need to gain in valor to reach the following ranks:

I unsubbed from the game after finding this out. I don't think it's very good to accustom the player that valor ranks go up in a linear fashion and then suddenly turn it into an epic grind AFTER you've already put in the effort to get to rank 50. Do they think the player will just accept it anyway since they already put in the effort to get to valor 50? Not this player. /unsub

HAHAHA Goodbye. Go play daoc, when it was RR10 maxed, hell even now at RR13. The ranks really scale up. Sometimes 2-3x the amount for the next named rank. 48k valor for Valor 60? REALLY?? You can go 55-60 in a few days if you wanted. Let me go back to DAoC, I remember the sub-ranks of each stage, rr10+ those ranks are long themselves....sometimes taking weeks of 2-3hrs a night with a good group to achieve those. SO. Please, have fun elsewhere.

Edited by Roks

Bye bye OP.

Sorry that BM wasnt handed to you on a plate, you were silly if you honestly thought it would take a day or two to grind 50-60....

Oh but it does now....

And he still whines :rolleyes:

Edited by Barrechor

Its quite sad to see people pick on the OP after he made this post 2 months ago.....

Back then it really was a grind to get to valor 60, it took hundreds of WZ's to get valor 60 i was lucky enough to get alot of valor from ilum...

And no not by kill trading, on hydian way we had some very nice big fights which kicked me from level 57 to 60 in about 2 or 3 days.

Now ilum is dead because of the latest patch and reps pretty much stopped coming to ilum, so i for one am glad i can now get my alt to valor 60 aswell.

Witht he changes it took me aporixamtely one day to go from 55-60 doing my 50 battle WZ weekly. did it on tuesday. So you could probably do 1-60 in 150 matches tops. SUPER EASY. the real rush for me is getting a bunch of characters up to 65 so i can buy the car before it's removed from game.

• 3 weeks later...
Aion was far more of a grind and far more frustrating - manastones.

/necro. None the less.... Amen. Nothing like lvls 45-50 costing the same xp as 1-45, and 50-55 costing the same as 1-50, etc.

xD

Edited by Amaste