The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Servers Up Very Early! But Why...

Alohen

Are you serious?

I quote you the line again, please read carefully:

My graphics settings are on "high", I still get "medium" textures.

Therefore, my settings are not consistent with actual settings in use.

It's not that hard to comprehend, the feature was simply not included.

Now, unless you have something meaningful to contribute, I'd suggest you go be a fanboi somewhere else. Much appreciated.

Your join date is December 2011, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and not expect you to know this:

High-resolution textures do not exist yet. They are being worked on and will be made available when some issues have been shaken out. Many of the beta testers think that the "problem" with the high-res textures is that they are working on DirectX 10/11 compatibility.

So relax a bit. And before you say "They should just remove the high setting then"... you know you would be just as angry if not angrier if they did that. So spare yourself (and me) and don't say it.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my god, you people are ludicrous.

Again: People are not complaining that DT was too short. They are complaining that fixes promised in the patch notes are simply not there.

Hence the short DT...

Thank you for Clearing it to the people who just want to attack eachother for the fun of it.

Since people are not reading and just complaining, going to post this just once more..

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=46995

Upon launch, graphics preferences will always display as "Low" even if actual in-game settings are higher due to automatic preference detection.

Workaround: Individual preferences will display properly once modified and saved.

Is Anyone else Suspicious About this? I know I am, I'm at work and I've seen that the servers came up at 10:30 thismorning and I'm under the impression they didnt get what they estimated as 8 hours of maintenance in 2.5 hours.. Anyone else feel the same? Correct me if Im wrong please.

Wow, people cry due to the length of the down time, and then they question when it is shortened.

Because when we take something down at the hospital we estimate about 2 hours, and announce a 4 hour downtime.

Beacuse you have to make room for issues that may arise during the process you did not forsee.

What is really great, is when we are back up after about 70mins and they all praise us.

We call it the 'Scotty Maneuver' from Star Trek. :D

In my case I noticed my companion conversations now work.

Edited by Fraxture

So knowing that it doesn't mean textures (I didn't think it ever did), what 'does' that one line mean? Something about lining up my graphics in game with what is in my 'settings files'.

Does it just mean that some 'tricks' we learned to change settings in "client_settings.ini" to correct the lack of UI access to them are now working for some people they weren't working for? Or, were disabled now since they really didn't want us doing that?

Oh my god, you people are ludicrous.

Again: People are not complaining that DT was too short. They are complaining that fixes promised in the patch notes are simply not there.

Hence the short DT...

Name one fix that was listed in the notes and isn't implemented today.

Don't you dare say the high textures because that was not mentioned anyhwere. The fix you think is related is nothing to do with that, it is fixing settings in .ini files not being consistent with ingame settings and yes, the fix is working.

Edited by derkiederk

The fixes are in, people are just not reading the known issues thread for the current work-around....

No no no, I mean

my Friend cant really play properly cause of the FPS Issue, why isnt that Being Adressed?? Thousands are suffering from this and its prolly costing them a decent bit in Subs. Im not having any trouble but I just thought this would be a smart move on their part to get it solved asap.. but I guess it must take ages to do that then. Still theres Hundreds of Bugs to fix, and fixing maybe 10 minor ones isnt a great way to deal with Maintenance day even if it is very short.

People seem to think I am complaining that the downtime was too short.. no Its the fact they arent fixing the more important bugs.

Edited by Alohen

Well it did say that they were fixing the indoor fps drop with shadows on and they didn't. BioWare has taken our chips and cashed out already. Now they are doing the minimum they have to in order to keep up and running. It's sad that we all waited years for this game and it's being ruined by the worst customer service by a gaming company known to man.

Seriously dude? We just came off of the Christmas holidays.....

People moan because some of the fixes promised in the patch notes, i. e.:

Graphics preferences in settings files are now consistent with actual settings in use.

Have not been implemented at all.

That's why DT was that short, they didn't include some of the key fixes that were announced.

you sure about this?

one thing that is rather anoyingis how game settings dont seem to match actual game performance/viewings, so i hope your wrong about that.

p.s how can you complain about servers being up early, ever heard of doing a job before its due?

you sure about this?

one thing that is rather anoyingis how game settings dont seem to match actual game performance/viewings, so i hope your wrong about that.

p.s how can you complain about servers being up early, ever heard of doing a job before its due?

Nope textures still are bugged.

No no no, I mean

my Friend cant really play properly cause of the FPS Issue, why isnt that Being Adressed?? Thousands are suffering from this and its prolly costing them a decent bit in Subs. Im not having any trouble but I just thought this would be a smart move on their part to get it solved asap.. but I guess it must take ages to do that then. Still theres Hundreds of Bugs to fix, and fixing maybe 10 minor ones isnt a great way to deal with Maintenance day even if it is very short.

People seem to think I am complaining that the downtime was too short.. no Its the fact they arent fixing the more important bugs.

I counted 35 bug fixes, not 10. I am sorry your issue was not addressed in this patch, it should be obvious with how much an issue this is that it will eventually get fixed. Things take time. I'm happy that they are consistently providing bug fixes. I don't care what they fix in each patch, as long as they continue to fix things.

I counted 35 bug fixes, not 10. I am sorry your issue was not addressed in this patch, it should be obvious with how much an issue this is that it will eventually get fixed. Things take time. I'm happy that they are consistently providing bug fixes. I don't care what they fix in each patch, as long as they continue to fix things.

I'm kind of Bothered that they want to fix Emotes for Mounts before Player's Starships Galaxy Map bugging in Groups.. or Warzone Premade Groups disbanding when they Enter and then being Solo when Exiting.. These are the little things that are actively impacting more people than.. I want to be able to /wave In my speeder.

( Just an Example, Dont assume thats all I think they did )

Is Anyone else Suspicious About this? I know I am, I'm at work and I've seen that the servers came up at 10:30 thismorning and I'm under the impression they didnt get what they estimated as 8 hours of maintenance in 2.5 hours.. Anyone else feel the same? Correct me if Im wrong please.

Disclaimer for the Fanatics as It Seems I wasnt Clear:

This is Not Complaining about the Length of Downtime

My guess is that, after the last downtime had to be extended a couple of times, they padded their estimate so that it would be less likely to happen this time. Honestly I was surprised that they were planning to do an 8 hour maintenance for a minor patch, so the fact that they finished early doesn't surprise me at all.

Not really surprising...an earlier patch was supposed to fix the unharvestable resource nodes problem, but didn't. It seems every time a node is harvested there is a small percent chance of it bugging out. I was running around the Works yesterday harvesting aluminum, and half the nodes were bugged. Edited by ChicksDigHarleys

No no no, I mean

you can't possibly be this dense. just because an issue isn't fixed doesn't mean they aren't working on it (especially when they've specifically stated that they are working on it). issues like that aren't simple and it's ludicrous to assume they could fix it in this short of a time frame :rolleyes:

Edited by VicSkimmr

Hopefully they aren't fixing bugs during the downtime, just applying the fixed version to the data:)

The length of downtime would only be affected by the number / type of fixes if the new version has to make changes to existing data on the servers.