Thank you for the excellent patch!

Ainotna

I just wanted to thank you for a great patch. I feel like a lot of people who are complaining about the patch completely overlooked some key issues that deserve a lot of credit. So anyway, thank you for fixing...

...some nearly game-breaking issues:

• Corrected some issues that could cause players to become stuck on the loading screen when logging into a character.

• Corrected an issue that caused poor performance on some machines in indoor areas with shadows enabled.

• Fixed an issue that caused a client crash if a space station was destroyed in Space Combat.

• Corrected mission steps on several planets that could cause client instability.

...some behaviors that could have potentially worsened server queue times:

• Fixed an issue that could prevent players from being logged out for inactivity.

• Being in Do Not Disturb mode no longer prevents characters from being logged out for being away.

...and some general in-game annoyances:

• The "Show Sith Corruption" option no longer toggles off when transitioning between areas.

• The Guild interface now properly displays the guild member list when it is sorted.

• Commendations received via in-game mail are now correctly added to the Currency tab.

• Fixed issues with some missions that could prevent pending rewards from being accepted.

Thank you for fixing all the other stuff too. Fixing the fluff just polishes the game, and I appreciate it! Looking forward to other issues being fixed, but I'm still enjoying the game and will enjoy it even more now thanks to these things being taken care of.

Edited by Ainotna

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

and still nothing for the horrid FPS and lack of graphics options, but we can emote on mounts guys.

In the miscellaneous bug fixes section there's this:

- Graphics preferences in settings files are now consistent with actual settings in use.

Not sure if that means that if you choose high settings they'll stay as high instead of low-med or whatever it's the max now. It'd be nice if that was the case...

Stop brown-nosing Bioware until they fix the very real issues facing the community. Brown-nosing Bioware at a time like this helps NO ONE, not even you.

How is it brown nosing for praising them in making steps in the right direction? At the same time, I could criticize you for being so very negative, and ignoring the fact that they're trying to fix everything. I'm not sure why everyone expects some magic patch right out of the gate that fixes absolutely everything. They've said they're working on it, give them time, and in the meantime stop being so negative, it helps NO ONE.

Edited by MokaSith

and still nothing for the horrid FPS and lack of graphics options, but we can emote on mounts guys.

What's this then?

"Corrected an issue that caused poor performance on some machines in indoor areas with shadows enabled."

That's the big one for me! My FPS suffers immensely on my Fury starship when I look in a particular direction. Hopefully that will get fixed!

How is it brown nosing for praising them in making steps in the right direction? At the same time, I could criticize you for being so very negative, and ignoring the fact that they're trying to fix everything. I'm not sure why everyone expects some magic patch right out of the gate that fixes absolutely everything. They've said they're working on it, give them time, and in the meantime stop being so negative, it helps NO ONE.

Praising Bioware is very cute and all, but helps no one. Remember that this is their job and we pay them for doing it. They have no reason to deliver if there is no demand. Hence, putting pressure on them is the only way to get results.

the shadow was a major problem. made it unplayable with that bug. without shadow on i run at 60-70 FPS with on i got 5 and barely that.

THANK YOU

im so pleased to see them fixing problems. unlike what the community may think they are working on fixing everything they can. this game has hundred of thousands if not million lines of code it aint like fixing a squeaking hindges on a door they aint got any WD-40 for video game bugs

Praising Bioware is very cute and all, but helps no one. Remember that this is their job and we pay them for doing it. They have no reason to deliver if there is no demand. Hence, putting pressure on them is the only way to get results.

Praising Bioware isn't the point. The point is to show newcomers to the forums that it isn't all doom and gloom.

"LOOK, NEW GUY. THERE'S SOME MAJOR BUGS THAT NEEDED FIXING, BIOWARE FIXED THEM, AND SOME PEOPLE ARE HAPPY ABOUT IT. YAY!"

Get it now?

It's a good thing Bioware is on top of things! I can't tell you how awesome it will be not seeing the repetitive threads complaining about being unable to log out while in DND! And this should silence the thousands of members who were complaining, day after day, about being unable to emote from their speeders! I got so tired of seeing thread-after-thread about that!

Praising Bioware isn't the point. The point is to show newcomers to the forums that it isn't all doom and gloom.

"LOOK, NEW GUY. THERE'S SOME MAJOR BUGS THAT NEEDED FIXING, BIOWARE FIXED THEM, AND SOME PEOPLE ARE HAPPY ABOUT IT. YAY!"

Get it now?

You reap what you sow and you're currently sowing a false perception on Bioware's side that its customers are satisfied with the game as is and that they can go on a spontaneous vacation.

ok so this is just me don't speak for anyone elses experiences.

My fps is still poor and i'm still losing 10+fps going indoors, according to the ptr guys high rez textures are still not in and kira is still bugged.

Don't get all praisy just yet.

That said though extreme kudos on short maintanence time thats pretty cool.

Get it now?

How major are bugs that no one even knew existed until they were "fixed?"

Seriously, Bioware could have made up 90% of these fixes and none of us would know the difference. To this point they are not responding to the greater issues within the game. If they would at least tell us they are working on them it might not make so many people believe some of the issues (especially things like skill-delay, poor performance, long loading times, buggy end game) are going to be long-term annoyances.

Edited by Mannic

You reap what you sow and you're currently sowing a false perception on Bioware's side that its customers are satisfied with the game as is and that they can go on a spontaneous vacation.

Based on the fact that my server almost never has down time, I'm going to go with the tried and true assessment of: the minority of people who are not enjoying the game whine the loudest and the majority of people who are enjoying the game are busy playing it. :)

Because you obviously have a lot of experience in this matter and know that hard issues are easier to fix than simple coding errors.

/golfclap

How major are bugs that no one even knew existed until they were "fixed?"

Seriously, Bioware could have made up 90% of these fixes and none of us would know the difference. They are not fixing the greater issues with the game or even responding to them.

Oh really? No one knew they existed? So the fact that my husband got locked in a loading screen repeatedly for 2 hours yesterday just trying to log in meant that it shouldn't be fixed because you didn't have that problem? How about the incessant complaints about FPS issues because of shadows? No one noticed those either? You're such a whiny child. Go to bed.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.