I was lied to about DDE and Feel riped off! DO NOT GET IT

Oldmaveric

TL;DR would be, I am mostly upset at the Training Droid not being a pet even though it says it is

Mouse Droid is a in game pet, it says it is a pet (Virtual pet) and it is (CE ONLY)

http://gyazo.com/a64b5dc7aa46a4ff8933d45d5eb47624

Training droid is NOT an in game pet yet it says (Virtual Pet) (CE and DDE)

http://gyazo.com/77f337389e42d806282d62a1bcfd72cb

I did NOT expect it to do any damage or help in combat

my gripe is that the training droid is NOT a pet even though it says it IS

False advertising is any type of advertising that deceives consumers. Even advertising that only has the potential to be misunderstood by consumers may be construed as false advertising. In most cases, false advertising leads the consumer to believe that he is somehow profiting from a purchase. He may think he is getting a good deal, saving money, or buying something that will perform in a specific manner. Actually, the advantage is all on the side of the advertiser and companies who practice false advertising. Any potential benefit to the consumer is usually non-existant.

I would say it matches this, and its still up on their website, I also have screen shots posted.

In order to report false advertising, people must have a copy of the original ad to send to the FTC, or to state bureaus. The ad must prove a potential to deceive. This usually doesn’t mean that a person will be able to sue for false advertising, though they may be able to stop certain types of claims being made, or get their money back for a product or service they purchased. Usually the FTC steps in to require the advertiser to add more information to any ads or on product labels, or asks the advertiser to stop an ad campaign. The FTC cannot issue warrants for arrest or impose fines unless the advertiser does not stop incidences comply with its requests.

got this from http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-false-advertising.htm

What it said you got Quoted from their website off the "Buy page"

"Training Droid (Virtual Pet)

A small but advanced training droid to hover at your side for combat assistance."

"Flare Gun (Virtual Item)

Fire a dramatic and inspiring flare high into the air."

"HoloDancer (Virtual Item)

Portable entertainment system to project your own holographic dancer."

"STAP (Virtual Vehicle)

The STAP is a sleek and unique in-game vehicle you will acquire during your journeys"

"HoloCam (Virtual Item)

Keep visual records of your in-game adventures as you travel the Star Wars galaxy."

What you get

The "Training Droid (Virtual Pet)" Is not a virtual pet, nore does it do any kind of "combat assistance" (fail)

The "Flare Gun (Virtual Item)" is the only neat thing you get and it doesn't really do much other than shoot a flare in the air (what i expected so im ok with this)

The "HoloDancer (Virtual Item)" lasts 20 seconds, not even long enough to see her full dance (fail)

The "STAP (Virtual Vehicle)" you use it at level 25-40 some of you may get to use it longer than I did, but I got early access so i hit level 40 before I was given the code for my DDE so I never got to use my "free" speeder and it does not scale with your riding level so you never see high levels use it (Major Fail)

The "HoloCam (Virtual Item)" I didn't know what to expect but this item zooms your camera in to first person view [Which is crappy in it self because you have to zoom back out later] and then takes a screen shot.... I think I know how to use the print screen button BW (Fail)

You Also get an item I did not see and many CE owners thought DDE would not get, you get the "VIP Lounge Wristband" cool right? WRONG

The "VIP wristband" gets to in to a VIP room that has nothing for you to do or buy except for a 1.5 million credit speeder......... yay (FAIL)

So yeah I feel a bit riped off I don't use a single thing I bought for 79.99 and will never buy anything like this again. I guess i paid that much for a lesson on hype marketing.

Edited by Oldmaveric

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly this is the first CE ive purhcased where i couldnt make use of any of the digital items.

I hope bioware plans on adding more to the CE shops, otherwise a lot more people will begin to feel like they were ripped off.

I guess we will whine about everything... I guess you didn't get your security key.. your map, your journal, your statue, any of those things..

In game items have never been amazing and I always see these threads in every game where someone bought a CE

at any rate I'm sure they will add the change to the vehicle at the very least.

Edited by Shammus

what makes it worse is that once you hit lvl50 the stap only has the lvl25 speed of 90% and not any higher up to 110% making everything in the DDE/CE useless

and you still get unmounted every time you go in to combat too

I enjoy the game but feel like I should have saved the $20 for subscription time (I will get that money back because I will just unsubscribe for 2 months saving me $30)

Yeah....I had that feeling too with the Digital Deluxe Edition, the little training droid sounded cool at first, but in-game it's rather crappy. It only provides a small amount of aid (read: none) for a short time. The Flare Gun is just there to shoot off pretty fireworks, the holo-dancer is just lame, might as well go to a cantina. And I expected more of the VIP vendor other then just another high priced item you probably wont ever get (Is it me, or are the special Vendors like the Security Key Vendor, and possibly the Pre-Order Vendor, just there to sell high priced but useless items?)

The only thing worthwhile is the STAP as it saves you credits to buy a mount when you get your license and that's just not enough for the price you pay for the DDE.

I guess we will whine about everything... I guess you didn't get your security key.. your map, your journal, your statue, any of those things..

In game items have never been amazing and I always see these threads in every game where someone bought a CE

at any rate I'm sure they will add the change to the vehicle at the very least.

I think the issue is they hyped everything up just like they did with the entire game, and now people see what they actualy get the excitement fades.

I understand virtual items not giving you an edge but I should atleast be able to use the mount no matter what level I am and have the same speed as if i was riding a 110% speeder

What it said you got Quoted from their website off the "Buy page"

"Training Droid (Virtual Pet)

A small but advanced training droid to hover at your side for combat assistance."

This right here is the one that pisses me off. The description on their website is flat-out deceptive. What exactly prevented them from using the in-game tooltip description of the item? Oh, that's right. When you know what the stupid thing actually is, it's much less enticing.

They made it sound like it was a normal vanity pet that would follow you around and maybe have a nifty little pewpew laser animation (non-damaging, of course - it's foolish to think that it would actually DO something to enemies, no offense).

Instead, it's a stupid, worthless piece of garbage that you never even really get to look at because what it actually does is hover around an enemy target, so by the time you are even in range to try to get a look at it, the enemy is dead and the stupid thing has gone away.

It is literally the only reason I spent the $20 extra. What can I say? I like vanity pets, and it was only $20, right? Well, I feel like I was lied to and ripped off. I didn't even think it was possible to feel so indignant over 20 measly bucks.

Don't get me wrong. I like the game, but this kind of BS makes me want to hate BW. It really damages any goodwill I had toward them.

Edited by belialle

I think the issue is they hyped everything up just like they did with the entire game, and now people see what they actualy get the excitement fades.

I understand virtual items not giving you an edge but I should atleast be able to use the mount no matter what level I am and have the same speed as if i was riding a 110% speeder

well realistically even though the mounts say "offer" protection I think its based off the amount of damage you take.. I can still ride around in my starter speeder and not get dismounted anymore.. in lower level areas.. I get dismounted alot on higher level speeders I still don't have rank three.

But you should never purchase a game strictly for in game collectibles. You should do it for the things included in the box.

And I am going to disagree about the game hype, this to me at least is a great game and everything I thought it would be and more.. and i'm extremely excited to see what they do with it in the future.

Yeah....I had that feeling too with the Digital Deluxe Edition, the little training droid sounded cool at first, but in-game it's rather crappy. It only provides a small amount of aid (read: none) for a short time. The Flare Gun is just there to shoot off pretty fireworks, the holo-dancer is just lame, might as well go to a cantina. And I expected more of the VIP vendor other then just another high priced item you probably wont ever get (Is it me, or are the special Vendors like the Security Key Vendor, and possibly the Pre-Order Vendor, just there to sell high priced but useless items?)

The only thing worthwhile is the STAP as it saves you credits to buy a mount when you get your license and that's just not enough for the price you pay for the DDE.

not only does it not help but it doesnt even hover by our side... it doesnt even come close to what it says on the website

Training Droid (Virtual Pet)

A small but advanced training droid to hover at your side for combat assistance

This is the item that sold me other than the mount. I didn't expect it to do combat but I expected a little pet!

well realistically even though the mounts say "offer" protection I think its based off the amount of damage you take.. I can still ride around in my starter speeder and not get dismounted anymore.. in lower level areas.. I get dismounted alot on higher level speeders I still don't have rank three.

But you should never purchase a game strictly for in game collectibles. You should do it for the things included in the box.

And I am going to disagree about the game hype, this to me at least is a great game and everything I thought it would be and more.. and i'm extremely excited to see what they do with it in the future.

I have level 3 riding and i almost never get nocked off anymore unless its world PvP and i get stunned

What box? The DDE is digital download only. It was basically $20 extra for the in-game collectibles, and the description on one of the items was blatantly misleading. You can't even say that there is no good way to describe the item because the in-game tooltip describes it perfectly. The problem is that the the description you are given of the item before you purchase it does not at all jive with what you actually get.

Edited by belialle

What box? The DDE is digital download only. It was basically $20 extra for the in-game collectibles, and the description on one of the items was blatantly misleading. You can't even say that there is no good way to describe the item because the in-game tooltip describes it perfectly. The problem is that the the description you are given of the item before you purchase it does not at all jive with what you actually get.

I think hes saying you should never just buy in game items, but I agree with you. The training droid is what pushed me over the edge to buy it I thought it would be a in game pet with a combat animation and its not.

The fix for this would be to create an in game pet that looks like the droid and get rid of the piece of crap they gave us

second would be to have the mount level with our riding level

and make the dancer last like 1 min instead of 20 seconds (even though all you have to do is go to a cantina and you can watch what ever you want...

I think hes saying you should never just buy in game items, but I agree with you. The training droid is what pushed me over the edge to buy it I thought it would be a in game pet with a combat animation and its not.

The fix for this would be to create an in game pet that looks like the droid and get rid of the piece of crap they gave us

second would be to have the mount level with our riding level

and make the dancer last like 1 min instead of 20 seconds (even though all you have to do is go to a cantina and you can watch what ever you want...

Yeah, I know. :p

I'm just pointing out that the whole purpose of the DDE was to give people a chance to get the in-game collectibles. Me, personally...I don't care about the hologram. I used it once and put it in my bank. I don't even care that the mount doesn't scale (though I really like the look of it, and I'd be pleased to be able to use it at higher levels).

I'm just really, really offended that they lied so blatantly in the product description. I can't think of another way to describe it. It's so incredibly misleading! The more I think about it, the more it upsets me. GRRRRR. :mad:

Edited by belialle

Honestly I was quite disappointed when I found out the VIP section has only 1 item and you only get the lvl 25 speeder, you still have to pay for the training. The other items are purely novelty and useless.

BW could of at least included the training with the speeder and would it hurt to have had more items from the VIP lounge? sure they can "add" stuff later but 1 freakin item? c'mon...

That said I feel the above does not justify it's additional price tag.

Yeah, I know. :p

I'm just pointing out that the whole purpose of the DDE was to give people a chance to get the in-game collectibles. Me, personally...I don't care about the hologram. I used it once and put it in my bank. I don't even care that the mount doesn't scale (though I really like the look of it, and I'd be pleased to be able to use it at higher levels).

I'm just really, really offended that they lied so blatantly in the product description. I can't think of another way to describe it. It's so incredibly misleading! The more I think about it, the more it upsets me. GRRRRR. :mad:

Well I for one am going to shut my account down for 2 months to feel like i got some of my money back... because i feel the droid was faulse advertisement.

The combat droid CAN be useful in groups, to mark targets (albeit on a short timer). Likewise, some of the vanity items sold on the vendors can be used for such as well.

I've used it a couple of times in PUGs to mark targets as I call them.

Think outside the box.

Without trying to come off as a fanboy, it sounds to me like you've got exactly what you paid for...

I got the CE in the end. Sure, I'd love the speeder to scale with riding skill, and the in game items have all been banked, but I wanted to get the CE for the long term benefits.

/shrug

I bought the CE and like many others the digital content isn't worth taking a dump on, even the CE vendor 1.5mill for a speeder and you cant use till lvl50 and a set of orange armour at 18-23k per piece... ok it has to cost somthing but i just paid £150 real money for this stuff!!

Never buying another EAware special edition again gj guys keep it up.

That is pretty much their point yes, to sell cosmetic fluff.

The DDE also promised largely cosmetic fluff. I'm not sure what you were expecting out of the DDE, one of the golden rules of these kind of games is that you do not sell power. It just segregates the community between those who bought the powerful things for real money, and those that didn't. Buying the CE or DDE shouldn't give you any real advantage over others in the game.

That said, if you're a roleplayer the CE/security store certainly gives you access to things others won't ever have, so that is a societal perk at least.

I think you all forget the fact that you were given 1.000.000 Credits with VIP lounge access.

Go grind them then come back.

PS. I have DDE.

No one in their right mind would spend the 1 million credits to get access to that VIP lounge. There is literally nothing to do there apart from a couple of over-priced vendors. I have the CE btw.

That is pretty much their point yes, to sell cosmetic fluff.

The DDE also promised largely cosmetic fluff. I'm not sure what you were expecting out of the DDE, one of the golden rules of these kind of games is that you do not sell power. It just segregates the community between those who bought the powerful things for real money, and those that didn't. Buying the CE or DDE shouldn't give you any real advantage over others in the game.

That said, if you're a roleplayer the CE/security store certainly gives you access to things others won't ever have, so that is a societal perk at least.

Well, I was not expecting to gain an advantage over others certainly, it is just more the fact that the price for the DDE is just too much for what you end up getting which is the major rip off in my opinion. You pay 20 euro's (not sure how much it is in dollars) for something that basically should not be more then the price of a standard DLC you can get for games.