The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Endgame Sucks

NeonLights

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So having played through the game multiple times what exactly is there to do once you're level 50?

• There's PvP where you can grind out Warzones and hope you get something out of your random loot bags.
  • There's hard mode Flashpoints. Just level 50 versions of the Flashpoints you've already done before.
  • There's one Operation and a single boss for an incomplete Operation. You can only do these once a week per difficulty setting.

Where is the endgame?

I only read about half the thread but based on your posts it appears you don't have experience or understanding with the genre. You can go to pretty much any mmo and encounter the same thing. In wow what is there to do but run heroics, pvp, or run the same couple raids over and over? And you will run those raids and heroics for months on end until new content is released then repeat the process over again. That is how most mainstream mmo games work.

This is not really a lacking on the part of swtor since the endgame here is comparable to what others have had at launch. The issue here I think is more along the lines you didn't really understand how the whole endgame thing works. My advice would be to just unsub. If you are bored with whats out now and not having fun then just take a break until a new patch comes out. People do this all the time in mmos.

If you do want to stick it out there are datacrons, filling out the codex, titles, gaining affection with comps and doing their quests etc that you can do to help pass the time while you do your weekly ops runs. But really running heroics/ops and pvp is pretty much gonna be it for endgame for the foreseeable future. Thats just how the genre works.

Or how about I've already leveled and I know how to get to 50 quickly. You'd think they'd have tested out the endgame content a bit more, oh wait they didn't.

Yea...they were too busy wiping all toons on each build. There were various threads of us pointing out, if you keep doing this hardly no-one will be able to test engame stuff...which guess what!!? That turned out to be the case lol. A ton of bugs reported on planets after level 25-29ish...which is right around were they wiped the servers before deploying a new build. Imagine that....

Well the latest patch in wow. 3 new heroics, all cleared without wipes in PuG in first day. LFR cleared in first run only wiped once in yorsahj. DS normal cleared in 5 hours with my normal guild. Second week didnt bother to do HCs anymore. DS HC 2 bosses down in one evening rest cleared on other evening. Did LFR 8/8 with 2 wipes on spine and one shot on madness. Week 3... 2 new bosses down on HC rest cleared on next evening. Rest dont even bother to do... yes we raid 2 evening in a week 3 hours at a night.

Endless BG farming is not fun. Arena is too imbalanced like it has always been. If you want to get to high rating in 3v3 you just need to play the ultimate combo chosen from few combos around... Not always the class / spec you want to play.

Do dailies.

Dont bother to run 497637 times BT,SWP,MC,BWL,Hyjal etc. Have all the transmogrify gear already in few runs.

Idle in SW or Orgrimmar.

That is wow endgame... Log in 2 nights for raids. Nothing else. I dont do dailies anymore... Since all reps and mounts pets what ever done.

Community like someone said wow has community. I guess it is entirely depended on what server. Ive played in 4 different servers. And never felt that there was a community. Poeple just mock each other in trade channel or do dirge spam. Maybe it is just a curse on EU servers... Including RP,RP-PVP and PVP x2 servers what ive played on.

Im not 50 yet in TOR not even close to it. But im having fun leveling so far. I hope the endgame is atleast as boring as it is in wow (After TBC wow endgame became boring) Yes i still play wow and i will continue to play both.

I'm a school teacher and was off for 3 weeks during holiday's...

Yea, I know, it sucks I get paid to sit at home playing games for about 100 days that you have to work :)

I'd rather be at work those 100 days making a lot more than you and still get 30 days off a year. :p

Maybe not, but how is it different to any other MMO?

Still waiting....

I'll use Rift since that is my primary MMO. First, I'll say even the hard mode FPs here are candyland in comparison to 5-man T2 dungeons in Rift. I've even 2-manned them before to see if it could be done. It took us a while but yeah... you can 2-man the 4-man hard modes. They're cake.

The operation is not complete but as it stands, the game was out a week before max progression was attained. In Rift, it took guilds 7 months.

All games launch in varying states of completion. This game is no different and has a ways to go. Still, Rift launched with 1 20 man raid fully functional and 10 5 man dungeons for end-game raiding.

In addition to raiding, Rift has large explorable areas for open-world events, raid events, group events, and solo events. They even have instant adventure queues that can insta port a player to a dynamic open world chain-style event. There's artifact hunting, puzzle quests, PvP battlegrounds, open world PvP rift events, world event quests, random rifting, crafting, faction point farming, dungeon plaque farming, and the list goes on.

Rift simply gives a person many options as to what they can do with their time. Some of those are fun for some people, others aren't. There is however much variety as to what you want your endgame experience to be like. They also release major content updates every couple of months over there.

Right now in SWTOR we have PvP and some half-baked group dungeons. As it stands, there is a paltry amount of end-game. Sure, the people complaining about this right now probably zipped to 50 and they're the type of player who would quit anyway because if they spend 2 weeks chewing through 150 million dollars and several years worth of content in a week... then no amount of content coming will satisfy them.

The question though is what happens next month when the casuals start topping out?

But, back on topic. How is this game's endgame different than any other MMO? For one it doesn't have an end game. It has a period at the end of your storyline. There isn't anything in the game right now that can justify someone playing a character 6 months from now. I would say there isn't any benefit to playing a character 2 months from now. I say that because there's nothing to do really. Gear sets are easy to get, pvp sets are easy to get. You can top out a character extraordinarily fast. For example, right now on my 34 BH, I have enough commendations to buy the entire L50 blue PvP set when I make 50. By the time I make 50, I bet I'll have enough to convert them for the epic set.

The thing this game has that others don't is bait on a hook the players can't reach. I don't know how long people are going to stay with a game with nothing to do. BW can release more content and I'm sure they will.

Still, this reply is about the here and now. Right now, this game is woefully shortsighted. The future will change things I'm sure but I for one don't pay a developer to feed me things in the future that may or may not come. If I get to the point where I have nothing meaningful to do... I'll just unsub until they do patch in something I might like. Still, SWTOR is a 2nd or 3rd MMO for me. I play it casually and treat it as an aside rather than a main MMO. I have Rift for that.

Well you could go on a datacron hunt, gear up your companions, get all your crafting recipies.

Hate when people claim they did all the Hardmode FP's, especially those that are bugged beyond all credibility. The time you have to spend to get past the bugs, should pretty much fill out your week of available game time if you have a job.

And then there are the raids...

Do the dailies.

make more credits.

Explore all story conversations.. all of them.

Fully explore all planets. Use you codex to check you discovered everything...

Then do it all on 7 more characters... That should set you up for about .... summer?

The concern there is about no new content, will only ever be solved when players are allowed to create content. Because then the community will keep the game alive.

Imagine a "crafting suite" where you could create a lair for your apprencites/minions, that would double as a dungeon for other players? Stuff like that will keep a game playable.. and the possibilties are endless...

Edited by MortenBork

Yeah. I already canceled subscription. I'm hitting 50 in next few days and that's it. It's one of the first MMO I have encounter that have FINISH :-D

You can play EVE for years with your corporation and always have something interesting to do. You can play Fallen Earth for years and always have something to do. You can play all sandbox games on the market and there is plenty of things to do.

How is big company with big pile of money like EA/Bioware could do MMO that ENDS ? :| There should by plenty of tools to play with. Check out VERY VERY old game called Ultima. Why like in Ultima I cant take axe and build starship ? :p Or why I cant build a house just to realize that other player that is a thief steal my stuff ? Why I can't just kill some kid who annoy me ?

Themepark is very good MMO for noobs because they learn how to do stuff in game. Sandboxes are great MMO but noobs have problem to start with them. Bioware would do much greater job if they would create sandbox MMO WITH multiple storylines like now that would help player to start.

After that you could build a house, starship, make some babies, set village on fire, steal someone stuff and burn his house, win political campaign and rule with your guild on the server and then send your fleet and attack republic warship that is protected by other guild.

Who cares about voice acting if it end after few weeks and then you have nothing to do ? I really don't understand this.

With all due respect, I get the feeling you haven't gotten very far into the levelling yet. Once you get past the Prologue and Chapter 1, you realise that story quests make up about 10% of the levelling experience. Hardly 8 games worth of content when you take that into account. The sidequests becoming incredibly samey and boring at around the same stage. There are only so many ways biowares writers can come up with someone asking you to kill some droids, and it really shows. I hate to shatter the illusion for you, but if you roll another character on the same faction, the majority of your levelling experience will be repetition.

I never once mentioned leveling in my post, I simply mentioned the 8 seperate storylines and how you can roll other classes to do more. (Dont make a post on something not in the one your replying to)

It has as much as any MMO at launch, perhaps even a little bit more. There is as much endgame content in TOR as there was in Rift at launch. The problem is not in the amount of endgame content. The problem is the bugs (which was also a problem in Rift).

Woah there horsey. Talk about taking a brick out of a wall of text.

1. That was a reply to people who said there wasnt enough endgame content.

2. That sentence doesnt male any sense if you dont post the paragraphs of "But" sentendes after.

The better end game content will come and with that, you need some patience.

The average player is not level 50 because they didn't rush-grind it.

BioWare has many more problems than releasing more content which would amplify those problems.

Let them fix their foundation before moving to end-game content.

Maybe not, but how is it different to any other MMO?

Still waiting....

I think the issue is there are way more raids, heroics, pvp options, etc available in most other MMOs. Now, it should be said we are a couple of weeks into TOR so options are limited. The issue with that, like you see in this thread, is today's MMO gamer is pretty impatient and will move on if there isn't something to keep their attention at endgame.

Exactly my point. I want this game to be awesome, I want it to be fun as hell. Currently though I'm sitting at level 50 with nothing to do.

Why dont you go help someone in game. Teach/show them how to be a good at....(whatever you are).

Try to give back and make the community better.

Or you could just whine about it!

Just wanted to point one thing out to the people who think that SWTOR is going to go free to play anytime soon.

1. There were over 1 million subscriptions at launch.

2. Add in the game sales. (Probably over a million copies sold)

3. Its BioWare, a very succesful gaming company with Mass Effect 3 on the hurizon.

4. I dont care what you say, but the vocal is a minority. (There still getting lots of perscription money)

5. With launch profits in mind there payment plans for there partners. (EA and Lucas Arts) Is that EA will be paid back all the money they spent on the project. And only after they have been paid back, Lucas Arts gets 25% of all profits from SWTOR. So not only will bioware not go free to play because they want to. If they do they need permission from Lucas Arts and EA. This involves them saying F you your not getting any more money.

How about activities that are actually fun to do instead of grinding away for commendations to get better gear.

Then why dont you make another character, there are differant stories for differant classes you dont have to master just 1 class expand a bit, it isnt all about 1 character ENJOY THE GAME A BIT explore make a sith or republic or whatever something DIFFERANT.

Just wanted to point one thing out to the people who think that SWTOR is going to go free to play anytime soon.

1. There were over 1 million subscriptions at launch.

2. Add in the game sales. (Probably over a million copies sold)

3. Its BioWare, a very succesful gaming company with Mass Effect 3 on the hurizon.

4. I dont care what you say, but the vocal is a minority. (There still getting lots of perscription money)

5. With launch profits in mind there payment plans for there partners. (EA and Lucas Arts) Is that EA will be paid back all the money they spent on the project. And only after they have been paid back, Lucas Arts gets 25% of all profits from SWTOR. So not only will bioware not go free to play because they want to. If they do they need permission from Lucas Arts and EA. This involves them saying F you your not getting any more money.

While I agree with you, some of the equity analysts that follow EA believe it will go FTP as that model has somewhat taken over the MMO space.

Nice double standard guys. WoW was perfectly fine to release a raid every 6 months, yet god forbid another dev dare do it.
Actually, it was a complaint about wow at launch too. It's something that blizzard had to focus on fixing, because several of the games it was competing with had valid end games. Likewise, it's something that TOR is going to have to focus on fixing.

It is Rift all over again. Go do LFR and dragon soul if you are disappointed in TOR. You so called hard core raiders are a complete and utter joke.
lfr really has nothing to do with hardcore raiders... it's for the casual raiders.

• 1 month later...
So that justifies a subscription right? Get to 50 and pay monthly to do...?

^ this

im fine with paying for a sub if it is a good game,

and a good MMO is an evolving and challenging game, right now all i see is roleplaying and story mode.

Edited by Cuddlezz

Ah this is hilarious, how many times does it have to be said, its a new mmo...like all other mmo's at release the end game isn't quite finished you can all say "oh but wow and rift and blah blat blat etc" had endgame which they hardly had but did they have a story that was as deep as tor? how many people just accepted quests and done them without knowing *** they were doing or why they were doing it because i bet it would be the vast majority of them, some people like that i understand but some people play tor for the story which for me has been pretty good.

Yes it needs some end game work but everything does and i think if you stopped focussing on the negatives of the game (which they all f****** had) and maybe enjoyed what is has for the moment you would have a better time, but sure if you're impatient and expect the game to be perfect on release which none of them have been just...****?

• 2 months later...
leveled sw and bh to 50 and since i dont like running instances over and over even pvp gets repetative i dont feel like i have anything to do but lvl another alt... what am i paying sub for ? they need to add some sandbox features to keep players occupied while more content os being created