The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

SWTOR More Active Players than WoW!

Tiriensoul

this thread gets no attention due to it not having enough drama, it shows a positive about SWTOR and the rabid detractors don't want to keep it on page 1. They prefer to thing the game is dying and going free to play next week, lol

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty sure that right now there's about 500,000 WoW subscribers playing TOR, so that number is not really surprising. WoW always wanes in population after a Triple-A release.

The question is; how many will stay?

Over 9000?

Well it remains to see...

For a perspective;

When they were reporting 11 million subs, the Chinese were 50-60% of their total subs. Those subs amounted to a mere 6% of their total revenues from WoW subscriptions.

I don't know why people keep bringing up China like it makes WoW somehow less of a juggernaut.

The fact is that WoW for a long time had over 4 million paying subscribers in the NA and Europe and it peaked at over 6 million paying subscribers. That's over $700 million a year in revenue just from those sources and at one time WoW was generating a billion dollars a year. Why people try to downplay that as anything other than friggin amazing just baffles me. And the way you know it's friggin amazing is that any time a game gets to with a quarter of those numbers people start raving about how amazingly popular that game is.

Edited by Mannic

this thread gets no attention due to it not having enough drama, it shows a positive about SWTOR and the rabid detractors don't want to keep it on page 1. They prefer to thing the game is dying and going free to play next week, lol

Actually i do read those threads alot, but i rarely respond.

I just Flag/Report. But they are more fun to read...

Some people are so very very sad. But they probably have some personal issues Irl, so people shouldn't get to mad on them. Assuming we are talking about those Obvious trolls, not those that give Critisism.

Edited by Tiriensoul

To get the feel of how many WoW players are online go to their Major Cities on each side and each server. They are packed. Not taking sides but speaking what is true. Plus your source for WoW is extremely outdated, I would never trust that.

Don't be dense, wow doesn't have sharding for cities, so they pack everyone on one node into the city, hence why it seems more people, this game splits each zone into shards, the graphics engine takes a beating trying to render too many people in one spot and causes lag, wow doesn't have this problem as their graphics have a very low poly count.

and saying the site is extremely outdate is in fact saying those numbers are were better then ? since we all know wow has less numbers today then it did in the past. As an example, 2 of the top guilds on my wow server left , both of them had the bulk of the raiding force, most zones are dead and the newly done starter zones are empty, thats my server.... it feels alot less dense than a year ago.

To get the feel of how many WoW players are online go to their Major Cities on each side and each server. They are packed. Not taking sides but speaking what is true. Plus your source for WoW is extremely outdated, I would never trust that.

OK, now go out to anywhere else. You'll have a hard time finding anyone at all. Also, in SW:TOR you don't see everyone who's in the same place you are. There's no real comparison to be made here.

World Of Warcraft:

World of Warcraft has total of 266435 players weekly average logged on peak hours in US and EU regions combined.

Link: http://www.warcraftrealms.com/weeklyfactionactivity.php

Star Wars The Old Republic:

The firm estimates that TOR has approximately 350,000 peak concurrent users spread across 215 servers.

Link: http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/01/03/research-firm-swtor-has-350-000-peak-concurrent-users/

Source: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1057141-SWTOR-has-more-active-players-than-WOW-atm-in-US-and-EU-regions

Just found it, take it for what it is. But kinda neat anyway, if it's true ofcourse.

I don't care about either, as long as BioWare gets enough money to give us expansions and me a new car, boat & house.

Come back in 3 months with the statistics.

Yeah you're right in three months SWTOR should have a whole lot more subscribers considering how fast the population is growing. :)

Hahahahahaha........hahahahahahaha.......

Pretty much all I can say to that.

This board reminds me so much of the AoC boards when that game launched.

OK, now go out to anywhere else. You'll have a hard time finding anyone at all. Also, in SW:TOR you don't see everyone who's in the same place you are. There's no real comparison to be made here.

Thats because most are out raiding or doing heroics. You know..playing endgame content that is available and actually works.

packed ?

are you aware that wow does not have instancing, and therefore if 50 people are logged into a zone, they all end up in the same zone ?

and packed ? REALLY ?!

even on long holidays, i have not ever seen more than 100 people in stormwind. and mine was top rp server in europe - a server which was the oldest and had the biggest pop (even u.s players were opening chars by acquiring eu editions through other means), and people had the tendency to loiter about stormwind and do rp.

lets look at swtor :

at EVERY zone, i see at least 100 people in one instance, and another 100 people in at least 1 more instance.

that makes 200 people. ANY non starter zone has more people than stormwind ever had in my entire 5 years of playtime, and this includes christmas events and celebrations that were done in-server.

Thats because most are out raiding or doing heroics. You know..playing endgame content that is available and actually works.

wow. thats so great to hear !

why dont you go play that available and greatly working endgame content in wow then ?

wow. thats so great to hear !

why dont you go play that available and greatly working endgame content in wow then ?

I do. I also choose to play multiple games. No need to get so upset. It's a game. Maybe repeat that a few times to yourself.

I do. I also choose to play multiple games. No need to get so upset. It's a game. Maybe repeat that a few times to yourself.

so then, you want ALL of those games to be exactly like the other, repeating the same pattern.

why the hell are you playing more than one game then ? just play wow ?

or, are you here on hiatus until next wow exp/content patch comes out and therefore seeing the liberty of demanding swtor to be turned to wow for your temporary enjoyment ?

repeat that a few times to yourself.

the upsetting part comes from the fact that self-focused, self-involved people have turned wow into a hardcore grindfest with their demands. the problem is, they are demanding that other games to be made as such too.

your enjoyment cant precede my enjoyment. therefore, your demands are harmful to others.

if its 'just a game', then play it, by the way ? what's the problem with 'endgame that works' ? so, you did not enjoy the entire 1 to 50 journey then.

that was the point where i decided you would be happier back to wow.

so then, you want ALL of those games to be exactly like the other, repeating the same pattern.

why the hell are you playing more than one game then ? just play wow ?

or, are you here on hiatus until next wow exp/content patch comes out and therefore seeing the liberty of demanding swtor to be turned to wow for your temporary enjoyment ?

repeat that a few times to yourself.

the upsetting part comes from the fact that self-focused, self-involved people have turned wow into a hardcore grindfest with their demands. the problem is, they are demanding that other games to be made as such too.

your enjoyment cant precede my enjoyment. therefore, your demands are harmful to others.

if its 'just a game', then play it, by the way ? what's the problem with 'endgame that works' ? so, you did not enjoy the entire 1 to 50 journey then.

that was the point where i decided you would be happier back to wow.

All they have to do is fix endgame sheesh.

ROFL, warcraft realms is the most unreliable source for censusing WoW in the world. You're essentially arguing that 85% of the people who sub for WoW don't play the game at all, which makes absolutely zero sense.

It's always interesting, to me, that in these discussions people seem to think "either or". "Either they're going to play WoW or TOR." Or, more accurately, "If TOR gains subscribers, WoW loses subscribers!"

I'll be playing both, personally. :) They appeal to me in different ways. It's definitely not an "either or" choice for me, and though that may not be the way for many, I'm sure I'm not alone.

The vast majority of wows player base has never once stepped foot inside a Raid. I just was on Argent Dawn which just one year ago you could not walk through the streets of stormwind because it was so packed...stormwind had maybe five people the entire server is dead.

So yeah end game content that works but hardly anyone plays anymore. :rolleyes:

The OP is clearly trolling.

Which is obvious since for wowrealms to get an accurate number, it would have to simultaneously have people in every zone on every continent on every wow server with the mod at the same time and then have them manually upload that info. Which would be hundreds of people. They don't have this; as wowrealms has been a defunct site for quite a long time now. Which anyone can see since their last news up date was in Dec. 2010.

Go back to your bridge.