SWTOR More Active Players than WoW!

Tiriensoul

Well I play the game and I dont see these players enjoying themselves. I see people spaming to find a group for some activity and failing. I see a handfull of insular guilds some of whom dont seem to support their own members. I see a game for misanthropes to feel better about themselves.

Wow. If that's your experience it's your experience.....mine is totally different, found a great guild in game, team a lot, meeting good folks ( except for the occasional ninja).....

I hope you find a game that gives you as great an experience as TOR gives me.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Laugh all you want about Pandas (while you romance a companion btw), but as soon as MoP drops so will this game's population. Not only that, GWII will likely kill it (and WoW) further. This game was released to get a quick shot of money from people who have become disillusioned with WoW, or people who like WoW but are simply burned out.

This games success as it stands is not due to it being an awesome game in its own right, but is due to people who have just become tired of WoW for whatever reason. The people at EA were smart enough to capitalize on that, and that's not a bad thing.

Many people see clearly that this game is just the same old paradigm; the same quests and quest structure, the same talent trees, the trinity, even the subscription model - sure a genre is a genre, but this one needs some innovation. Much of that innovation will come in 2012, and this game, like the games it copies, will be relegated to the dustbin of MMOs, a f2p game installed on peoples computers to pass the time while the server is down.

Edited by Shortwave

Laugh all you want about Pandas (while you romance a companion btw), but as soon as MoP drops so will this game's population. Not only that, GWII will likely kill it (and WoW) further. This game was released to get a quick shot of money from people who have become disillusioned with WoW, or people who like WoW but are simply burned out.

This games success as it stands is not due to it being an awesome game in its own right, but is due to people who have just become tired of WoW for whatever reason. The people at EA were smart enough to capitalize on that, and that's not a bad thing.

Many people see clearly that this game is just the same old paradigm; the same quests and quest structure, the same talent trees, the trinity, even the subscription model - sure a genre is a genre, but this one needs some innovation. Much of that innovation will come in 2012, and this game, like the games it copies, will be relegated to the dustbin of MMOs, a f2p game installed on peoples computers to pass the time while the server is down.

What this game is doing is pushing people BACK to the other games.

World Of Warcraft:

World of Warcraft has total of 266435 players weekly average logged on peak hours in US and EU regions combined.

Link: http://www.warcraftrealms.com/weeklyfactionactivity.php

Star Wars The Old Republic:

The firm estimates that TOR has approximately 350,000 peak concurrent users spread across 215 servers.

Link: http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/01/03/research-firm-swtor-has-350-000-peak-concurrent-users/

Source: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1057141-SWTOR-has-more-active-players-than-WOW-atm-in-US-and-EU-regions

Just found it, take it for what it is. But kinda neat anyway, if it's true ofcourse.

I don't care about either, as long as BioWare gets enough money to give us expansions and me a new car, boat & house.

:)

I love this game, but check those numbers again after the free subscriptions die out...there will probably be a small dip, but I'm sure it'll pick up. WoW wasn't 14,000,000 subs in a day (you know like rome wasn't built in a....ah never mind)

I love this game, but check those numbers again after the free subscriptions die out...there will probably be a small dip, but I'm sure it'll pick up. WoW wasn't 14,000,000 subs in a day (you know like rome wasn't built in a....ah never mind)

Rome didn't fall in a day neither, it took centuries. This game wont be here today and gone tomorrow. It'll pick up maybe, but wait 'till people see what other games are offering. If the subs pick up, it wouldn't be surprising if they fell back to dangerous levels when GWII and/or MoP drops.

Well said? REALLY.

WoW had delay problems in PvP on release, many people lagged out when attacking the opposite faction. "older software" has nothing to do with this. honestly... the lack of knowledge of anything on the subject is embarrassing.

Sorry WoW never had ability delays, thanks.

From crappy FPS and no fix from devs, to standing in fleet LFG for hours, to the first flashpoint (HBT) last boss being a wipe fest because of the already mentioned craptastic FPS issue, to the second flashpoint taking 2 hours, to the dailys taking 15 days to get the earpiece and the 2 implants and another 10 days to get the mod upgrades, to the terrible RNGness of the armor set drops in dungeons... yes that's a month to get 3 pieces and a few mod upgrades...

Just the start of the end game, the gearing up process is simply pathetic. The leveling was a lot of fun but once your at 50... the game just turns to **** on a shingle. Fix your game, get a LFG system so you can do the daily's that take months to get the gear from, shorten your flashpoints to a manageable time frame... etc etc...

This isn't rocket science guys... there are clearly things that HAVE to be in a game for people to enjoy it and you have ignored most all of them...

OT: no I will not be resubscribing.

Well said? REALLY.

WoW had delay problems in PvP on release, many people lagged out when attacking the opposite faction. "older software" has nothing to do with this. honestly... the lack of knowledge of anything on the subject is embarrassing.

That's not the same issue. You're talking about latency, we're not.

Edited by Caelrie

Congrats SWTOR. I think this game is a blast but I am also easily pleased. I liked AoC, WAR, and RIFT guess I am weird.

Nah, you're just a game lover. My wife is like that - a game has to be bad, I mean bad, bad, bad for her to give it the thumbs down. Dude, she likes Runes of Magic, okay....

Mhm, give it a month or two and SWTOR will start dying, hopefully WoW keeps dying too so developers get some freaking innovation and stop churning out these carbon copy's of WoW.

Short term success is nothing to brag about with MMOs.

Edited by Zingas

Mhm, give it a month or two and SWTOR will start dying, hopefully WoW keeps dying too so developers get some freaking innovation and stop churning out these carbon copy's of WoW.

Short term success is nothing to brag about with MMOs.

Man, have you researched GWII. It's not a 180, but there is a lot of innovation there. Read this if you find the time:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/forums/335-Guild-Wars-2

That led me into more research about the game. I'm really excited about its release.

MK, so do we not understand the difference between Peak and Average?

I don't understand what the debate is about, it's comparing apples and oranges, no definitive data comparing the two games at all...

When I was a young man, I sold cars. One day I sold 2 cars, which was very unusual, and made over $1,000 in a day. Using OP logic, today, I can safely tell people that I make $1,000 a day.

This is not accurate information, and this thread is as old as WoW itself.

Clearly states on the page:

"Data is collected using the latest version of the CensusPlus UI Mod."

That means 'those players' who actually 'have' the mod installed. Not all players in WoW use the mod -- there for the statistics can not be weighed against SWTOR.

Now, can we keep General forums on SWTOR discussions?

I will just say I think its a great game. There are a few negatives and bugs that I'm sure will be fixed but our guild has enjoyed it so far. We will see after our operation run this weekend how the raids hold up.

I ran a guild in WoW for over 6 years through many expansions and changes. The recent content is really bad, killing 25 mans and many other gripes that does not matter but my point is Blizzard needed a major competitor. They where to fat dumb and happy.. and I emphasize the dumb part especially over the last year or so.

Bioware please take your time, make awesome content that rewards players/guilds for the work and time they put in.