dashspeed

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Casuals gonna casual ~

Funny thing is I don't consider myself casual since I play 2-3 hours 5 times a week (and I tend to end-game raid). I do consider myself a slow leveler though and I usually don't have alts--in this game I do since I love the Smuggler, but my guild went Sith (I love the Bounty Hunter too). I think if I had just one character, I would be 30ish by now.

My guild leader was joking at my expense the other night saying, "in the last game you read all the quest text for every quest... you must be in heaven with the cut screen dialog!" It's nice though since I mention being slow and he says I should take my time leveling and have fun. I like to think I am a healer worth waiting for... like a diamond that takes a long time to form. Or then again maybe I am just a good guild jester :D

If you think the finish is impeccable it shows how little you have played. This is about as, or more buggy, then any game on release thus far.

May I direct you to 'Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing'.. I'm not saying SWTOR is perfect, but it is by no means the most incomplete game ever made.

Edited by MagusBlood

35, myself. I removed the spacebar from my keyboard from Day-1. All kidding aside, I am just in no rush to get to 50. I'm getting to know my class and how best to utilized my bloated skills. I also get tired after doing a bunch of quests and tend to take some social breaks, either by returning to Fleet and just chatting it up with my guildies or dumping some stuff on the GTN and sending my crew on missions. Or, I might get the urge to hunt some datacrons.

I'm playing all 6 republic side a little at a time. My highest are Vangaurd, Gurdian and commando at 19 followed by the sage gunsnlinger and sent at 15. My lowest is the shadow and scoundrel at 12.

I guess i'm liking the trooper class allot more than I thought I would. Buy yeah I'm taking my time since EA. The rested XP helps with the leveling so the game might be a little easy but who cares I'm having fun.

Currently level 35 on my Smuggler Gunslinger and loving it. Finished all datacron hunting for Ord Mantell, Tython, Corucant, Nar shadah, and Tatooine today. That was a surprising 4 hours journey all in itself. (Still four more plants to go as well.)

Now im working on getting my Operative to level 20. Hopefully Il have both toons to fifty by the time most of our guild hits max

I started 8 toons....one of each profession.

I have a level 27 bounty hunter that feels more like Rambo then a bounty hunter.

I have a level 16 Sith Sorcerer that is fun but I HATE that big monster tagging along behind me. I have a level 18 commando that has died at least one million times...(my first toon)

I have a level 25 Sith Juggernaut that so far is the most fun. The rest of my toons are like level 3-6 or thereabouts...I mainly wanted to get my names before all the good names were gone.

In short......I have played like 10 hours a day every day since release (Im disabled and do not work) and I have not even come close to hitting 50 nor am I in any hurry to do so.

the journey is ALL the fun..once I get their Im afraid boredom will overtake this game because it seems to be nothing but PVP battlegrounds at level 50.........YAWN.

Edited by Daawg

I started out as a bounty hunter mercenary which I then consequently leveled to 38 over a 2 week period.

After a friend of mine also got the game I re-rolled to a Sith Assassin and am now sat at a comfortable 30 with about 90 hours of gametime pumped into it (ive been off work a lot lately!)

Some people play these games for different reasons. It's a multiplayer game and you can't expect everyone to have the same beliefs that you do. I, for one, like to take my time and soak in the immersion, working on every little detail of my characters existence with precision, but I respect the gamers who want to push hard for max level and grind out the end game.

To each their own, this is hardly worth yet another wasted spot on the topics list.

Currently level 35 on my Smuggler Gunslinger and loving it. Finished all datacron hunting for Ord Mantell, Tython, Corucant, Nar shadah, and Tatooine today. That was a surprising 4 hours journey all in itself. (Still four more plants to go as well.)

Now im working on getting my Operative to level 20. Hopefully Il have both toons to fifty by the time most of our guild hits max

Datacrons... ugh! I am so glad the guildie that helps me find these is so darn patient. I think if my jumping skills were better I would complete them in half the time. Let's just say I am glad the developers can't hear what I am saying about them in Vent when I am trying to get to one on top of a bunch of pipes on Corusent.

I'm only 33 and have been playing since day 2 of EGA, but I've been working a lot lately and haven't had more than 1-2 hours on a good day to play. It sucks but I'm enjoying leveling anyway so it's alright I guess. I do listen to all dialogue and take my time going from place to place and uncovering the map.

Played since the 15th, my highest is 25.

I have a level 18 as well, then a level 13 and the rest are all level 10's.

8 characters in total on my server.

What I am doing is playing each character up until they get their first companion (already done) to get their crafting ready and going. Now, I am leveling each up until they get their ship. Then, I'll be doing each until they their 2nd companion (not counting C2-N2). I'll continue with similar goals until each attain level cap. Then, I'll work on finishing off all their crafting skills, if they aren't already by this time.

The only exception to this is my main, 25 Jedi Shadow. I play him whenever I feel like it as he is, for now, my funnest character to play.

So, this alone should keep me entertained for quite some time as well as keep a smooth level across all my characters, which will make crafting much easier as time goes on.

Edited by Zebular

Just so we are clear, people who do not rush are the guys who hit lvl50 in 2013, right?

No. They hit it in maybe a couple of months time. And they hit it with not one character sometimes, but 2 or 3 in that amount of time, all while taking their time and fullying enjoying what the game has to offer.

That and, they likely have a life.

No. They hit it in maybe a couple of months time. And they hit it with not one character sometimes, but 2 or 3 in that amount of time, all while taking their time and fullying enjoying what the game has to offer.

That and, they likely have a life.

Because he people who are 50 have no life, nor fully enjoyed all the game had to offer, sorry but you are an idiot.

Because he people who are 50 have no life, nor fully enjoyed all the game had to offer, sorry but you are an idiot.
I don't get this argument. I'll admit that I have a lot of free time at the moment since I'm currently unemployed(Though I am going to a trade school). But I have thoroughly enjoyed my time leveling to 50. Haven't spacebared any quests, have done most of the flashpoints, discovered all the datacrons up to Quesh, pvp'd a little and have done every space mission available to me. So I'm not really sure how I haven't "fully enjoyed all the game has to offer"

I don't get this argument. I'll admit that I have a lot of free time at the moment since I'm currently unemployed(Though I am going to a trade school). But I have thoroughly enjoyed my time leveling to 50. Haven't spacebared any quests, have done most of the flashpoints, discovered all the datacrons up to Quesh, pvp'd a little and have done every space mission available to me. So I'm not really sure how I haven't "fully enjoyed all the game has to offer"

That was my point, someone else made the statement that us 50s did not, I was being sarcastic.