Shopped or not?

Concede

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Dare I even bother to ask what the person who received this was doing?

Wait, let me guess. Nuthin.

Gonna guess he was playing the GTN like the people in wow aka buying stuff that is cheaper than the normal price and putting it back at a higher price.

I honestly don't see how this would be a violation of the ToS, unless the AH playing in wow made someone at EA's HQ a very sad puppy, and he/she felt obliged to prohibit this for swtor.

If people are buying the cheap items on the auction and upping the price, I would hope they are eventually targeted and sanctioned. I highly doubt that's what the GTN is there for. Price fixing and price gouging is (or should be) a no-no.

And this is how freedom dies. In the applause of the ignorants.

If I go into a store, buy every single item in it, stand outside thier store, and sell it for a 100% markup, I'd get arrested.

People like these find a market section (for sake of example, stims). Spend all day on it buying every single stim that goes up, and sells it for 100% markup. People on WoW did it, and people on WoW got banned for it.

I don't see the problem here....

Edited by pixxpixx

I'm sorry, were you promised some position as the Final Arbiter of Pricing on the GTN? Can you show us your credentials?

Look, you obviously have no clue what you are talking about when it comes to playing the AH and I really cba to explain things to you like I would to a 2 yo.

Look, you obviously have no clue what you are talking about when it comes to playing the AH and I really cba to explain things to you like I would to a 2 yo.

Your response here pretty much seals the deal. It isn't Star Wars: Galactic Trader Tycoon. The AH isn't there for you to see if you can dominate it and monopolize it for your own purposes. It's there to help out the general player base.

If you sell products that people want at a legitimate price, then you won't have any problems. If you're gaming the system and buying up items at cheaper prices and then cranking those prices up to suit yourself, then it just means you have no idea of how to turn a profit without playing dirty.

And in those instances, with those players, I'm fully in support of the analytics flagging their accounts for questionable behavior.

Good on ya, BioWare! Keep the auctions clean and fair.

If people are buying the cheap items on the auction and upping the price, I would hope they are eventually targeted and sanctioned. I highly doubt that's what the GTN is there for. Price fixing and price gouging is (or should be) a no-no.

What the F*** are you talking about? People are free to fix the prices.

If you, the consumer, do not want to buy it due to whatever factor; price, quantity, item; then you don't have to. No one's yanking your arm to buy it regardless of if you want it or not. If you don't agree with the price, find another seller or go get it yourself.

There shouldn't be a rule against it. It's very common to do. The freakin' nerve of some people...

Your response here pretty much seals the deal. It isn't Star Wars: Galactic Trader Tycoon. The AH isn't there for you to see if you can dominate it and monopolize it for your own purposes. It's there to help out the general player base.

And this is what makes my point. It's still helping the general player base. By your logic, everything sold on it should be underpriced, regardless of the situation, and you'd find that "fair".

Edited by Smurfsauce

If I go into a store, buy every single item in it, stand outside thier store, and sell it for a 100% markup, I'd get arrested.

People like these find a market section (for sake of example, stims). Spend all day on it buying every single stim that goes up, and sells it for 100% markup. People on WoW did it, and people on WoW got banned for it.

I don't see the problem here....

No one ever got banned for this in WoW, or I would have been the first one to get banned. And your RL example is flawed. People can and do buy things and resell them at a marked up price. It's called Ebay and Craigslist, it's not against the law at all. In fact you do understand that the way consumer rights work once you buy something you have every right to resell it as it is now yours.

The pic in the OP has to be a fake, as I can not see Bioware giving a damn if some one takes the time to game the GTN with the current UI for it. Most people can't even find what they are looking for so I say nice job for someone who can stomach the effort it would take to control even a single area of the market.

EDIT: The only people who ***** about price fixing are those who messed up and bought something at an over-inflated price.

Edited by Rukland

This one again? Considering how many times this has been posted, and that it doesn't say why the account was sanctioned, I'm just going to flag this as a troll and move on.

Copy and pasting other people's trolls is really unoriginal.

What the F*** are you talking about? People are free to fix the prices.

If you, the consumer, do not want to buy it due to whatever factor; price, quantity, item; then you don't have to. No one's yanking your arm to buy it regardless of if you want it or not. If you don't agree with the price, find another seller or go get it yourself.

There shouldn't be a rule against it. It's very common to do. The freakin' nerve of some people...

And this is what makes my point. It's still helping the general player base. By your logic, everything sold on it should be underpriced, regardless of the situation, and you'd find that "fair".

Until someone does it to you right? Then its bad? Think about both sides of the argument before you start belittling people.