Can I still get Light 5 with 50 darkside points?

thespareaccount

I haven't seen any alignment dailies yet, but I've made a point of picking up Diplomacy on characters that I plan on roleplaying as more morally ambiguous. It provides crew missions that grant alignment points. Doing this will enable you to make the choices you feel are appropriate during missions, as you can always make up the slack with crew missions.

Yes you can.

There's daily quests that you can do that will give you Light or Dark side points. So you could in theory go to LS 5, and then all the way to DS 5 if you really wanted to.

I appreciate the time you took to reply. I am getting Light Side through Diplomacy. However, your total light side is Light - Dark. So I would therefore need to get to 10050 Light, which I am not sure is possible?

Actually, what happens is that your total amount of LS/DS points appear to cap at a sum of 10k. In other words, if you have 9k LS, and 1K DS, any further LS point gains deduct from your DS points.

Basically, don't worry about it.

Ahh so I can wipe away my DS points? Niiiice.

Ahh so I can wipe away my DS points? Niiiice.

Yep, pretty much. And it actually reads 0 DS points.

It does indeed cap at 10k though.

One issue you may get though, is this does mean you lose Light V at the drop of a hat if you make a single Dark Side choice.

Also, note that at quest completion, DS points are added after LS points. So if you make a DS decision, but think you "offset" it by making a LS decision, you're still going to lose Light V (This happened at the pinnacle quest of my Sith Warrior. I was at 10k LS points, made a DS decision +50 DS points, followed by a LS decision +100 LS points, but still lost Light V and went to 9950 LS / 50 DS).

Also, note that at quest completion, DS points are added after LS points.

Just want to clarify because this confused me a tiny bit but I think I figured out what you were saying.

With in a single conversation, if you get both LS and DS points, the DS points are added to your total after the LS points.

So you'll still be able to regain your LS V status, by gaining another 50 LS points at some point in the future.

Just want to clarify because this confused me a tiny bit but I think I figured out what you were saying.

With in a single conversation, if you get both LS and DS points, the DS points are added to your total after the LS points.

So you'll still be able to regain your LS V status, by gaining another 50 LS points at some point in the future.

Yes. The point was to beware of making DS decisions if you want to keep your Light V.

Obviously, its real easy to gain back, just waltz through Esseles/Black Talon (trivial at lvl 50), wham, +250 alignment.

What do you get for being Light V? What's the big deal? I'm going light side on all of my conversations so I will hit it eventually, lol. Just curious as to what the benefits are.

There is gear that is LS/DS level specific. It is mirrored so there is no real benefit going either way, other than Dark Side gives you "corruption" which is a cosmetic change to your looks. If you remain neutral however, you can't use the gear. People have complained about this and have requested neutral (grey) gear, but I don't think it's going to happen.

Edited by Owsley

People have complained about this and have requested neutral (grey) gear, but I don't think it's going to happen.

I very much doubt this is NOT going to happen!

For example right now you'll be hard pressed to find any relics for neutral characters while the LS/DS shops have them cheaply and the GalMart is overflooding with them.

That's hardly fair for someone who went to the trouble of staying neutral as its two equipment slots you probably won't find any items for.

• 3 weeks later...

LS vs DS is mostly what color you can get for color crystals (you can sport all colors but only the appropriate for your alignment gives you the stats), and there are 2 different speeders for LS and DS. Other than that theres Sith corruption (but which you can choose not to show via prefs) for DS.

The rest is pretty much mirrored (Relics, etc).

You could also go back and solo some of the lower level Flashpoints just for the LS/DS points and that would solve your problem.

Yes. And to anyone else doing this, the light/dark points are not awarded until you complete the flashpoint.

EDIT: Black Talon is only 200 btw.

Edited by iain_b