Imperial Bot looting chest over and over

catchdeathwalker

Since my last post was DELETED by a mod because I posted a players name, even though he was a CREDIT FARMER/SELLER. I am reposting it without his name so people travel this area to kill him so he cannot continue ot bot. I can't post a name, but you will see and it's very OBVIOUS!

Coords: 330, -8 on Ilum (Right around there. There is a broken down small vehicle there)

Cool chest with money/item drop too =)

• 3 weeks later...

On our server too, Legion of Lettow... i reporting them every day and no response from Bioware. I think they dont know how find that or i dont know :D

But now, they have new way to do that. They login few secs after chest spawn, loot and goes offline. GJ BW! Ruin economy is in progress!

Wait a second, so this crap goes on without notice and bioware is banning people for saying "I'm 12 and what is this?" I think they need to get their priorities straight.

someone saying "I'm 12 and what is this?". Bioware is legally obligated by LAW to ban the person due to the CIPA (child internet protection act). If you say that in ANY forum that requires you to be 13 or older... you risk permanent account suspension even though its a meme (the government does not exclude memes).

Also Bioware HAS been banning farmers in Ilum, but then the community overreacts saying "OMG BIOWARE IS BANNING LOWBIES THAT VISIT ILUM *** IS THIS LOLOLOLOL"

so yeah...

Edited by AndantePhist

someone saying "I'm 12 and what is this?". Bioware is legally obligated by LAW to ban the person due to the CIPA (child internet protection act). If you say that in ANY forum that requires you to be 13 or older... you risk permanent account suspension even though its a meme (the government does not exclude memes).

Also Bioware HAS been banning farmers in Ilum, but then the community overreacts saying "OMG BIOWARE IS BANNING LOWBIES THAT VISIT ILUM *** IS THIS LOLOLOLOL"

so yeah...

It's INTERNET MEM.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/im-twelve-years-old-and-what-is-this

If mods don't know something simple as this then they should first ASK. As example ask that person to send some ID document (scan) or something. Someone used internet mem and got banned ?

Like banning people because they went to lvl 50 planet or something.

They really should get their priorities straight.

so yeah...

No they banned LIVE players that went their and hand looted chests.

They ARE NOT banning the gold farmers hacking and botting. People have been reporting players for over 2 weeks and they are still there looting chests.

Edited by KipMalice

It's INTERNET MEM.

If mods don't know something simple as this then they should first ASK. As example ask that person to send some ID document (scan) or something. Someone used internet mem and got banned ?

You're adorable! :D

Get back to us when "It is an internet meme, your honor" is an effective legal defense in a court of law.

Welcome to MMOs, where developers support botting and gold farming because theyre technically paying customers.

It's INTERNET MEM.

No, youre wrong. He was an idiot, he got a ban, now its up to HIM to provide proof to CS that hes over 13. What does this even have to do with bots?

Get back to us when "It is an internet meme, your honor" is an effective legal defense in a court of law.

If it were illegal to say something that wasn't strictly true, there wouldn't be a politician or business man left outside of prison.

If it were illegal to say something that wasn't strictly true, there wouldn't be a politician or business man left outside of prison.

And its' not illegal to say it. It just has consequences for EA/Bioware if they don't act on it. The speaker isn't the one who gets hit with the fine. :D

And its' not illegal to say it. It just has consequences for EA/Bioware if they don't act on it. The speaker isn't the one who gets hit with the fine. :D

Yeah but BAN ? Really ? Without confirmation or something ? Is it so much to ask for ID scan before acting ? He DID told that he is above 13 when he register. And in forum he use INTERNET MEM.

I sometimes think that forum mods don't understand english or have no sense of humor. Last time I got warned it was because someone write a post about something that I didn't agree and at the end he wrote "now trolls will show up and say that I'm wrong" so I started my post with "Ok, if you ask I will be trolling" and THEN i describe in polite and serious way why I disagree presenting contr arguments.

But mod just saw that "Ok, if you ask I will be trolling then" and throw me a warning because of "trolling". Seriously - how stupid they can be sometimes ? Same situation here. They don't understand english or have no sense of humor. Don't know what's worst.

Yeah but BAN ? Really ? Without confirmation or something ? Is it so much to ask for ID scan before acting ? He DID told that he is above 13 when he register. And in forum he use INTERNET MEM.

If they do remove the potential minor's access, they won't be fined.

If they don't remove the potential minor's access, they can potentially be fined.

I'd ban the potential minor. I wouldn't want to be fined. Those fines aren't small! :D

If the potential minor isn't a minor, the potential minor can easily call the customer support line and request for their account to be unbanned. At which point asking for and receiving proof that they aren't a minor (which can be kept on record to defend EA/Bioware against being fined) is viable.

The priority is damage control. :shrugs:

I see nothing wrong with their actions in that case.

As for your particular situation? No idea. I'm not a mod. :D

I just read this post and decided to see if we had a bot on Dark Reaper. So I went out there and sure enough a level 12 Merc just standing there non-responsive looting over and over again.

I tried to spam click the chest but I can't beat the bot.

It seems the chest spawns every 4 or 5 minutes. Must be making a killing.

Opened a ticket but doubt anything will come of it.

I just read this post and decided to see if we had a bot on Dark Reaper. So I went out there and sure enough a level 12 Merc just standing there non-responsive looting over and over again.

I tried to spam click the chest but I can't beat the bot.

It seems the chest spawns every 4 or 5 minutes. Must be making a killing.

Opened a ticket but doubt anything will come of it.

Reported around 40 of these they are all over Ilum and Corellia , easy to spot just see how many are on that 'instance' you are in, theres usually 3-7 of them.

Saw this trend around 3 days after prerelease and they are still there, nothing have been done, also a bunch of lvls 50's been doing this saw one guy who's been on the same chest for around 5 days now havnt moved a inch.

:mad:

Edited by Thulmagne