All consular helmets bugged?

Chimerael

Every consular headpiece I've tried to equip, visibly clips with my character hair creating a jumbled mess of yuck. Looks terrible!

I haven't noticed this with the other classes I've played, however with my Sage at 42, I've finally found a headpiece I've liked and want visible.

Anyone experiencing the same thing?

Every consular headpiece I've tried to equip, visibly clips with my character hair creating a jumbled mess of yuck. Looks terrible!

I haven't noticed this with the other classes I've played, however with my Sage at 42, I've finally found a headpiece I've liked and want visible.

Anyone experiencing the same thing?

Yes. They clip with my glasses and with my hair. Kinda annoying, but I haven't found a headpiece I would want to have visible yet so no biggie.

To add some additional info. I am playing a Miraluka with a rag looking thingy over my eyes. I have the same hair style as Nadia Grell. Both the hair and mask get really funky with different head pieces. Edited by Chimerael

I also play a miraluka consular with slicked back hair and the rag over my eyes and every head piece i've tried clips through. Is BW aware of this bug?

reported incessantly during beta for >8months

I have the same hair and eye covering as Chime. Same clipping issue with all head pieces and hooded robes. Sucks, would be great if a dev could acknowledge this issue although I feel it's very low on the list of things to fix. I don't mind a bit of clipping but the hair sitting on top of the head piece looks horrible. Edited by Cinder

• 2 weeks later...
I add my voice here. I have a Miraluka with the rag eye cover and my hair sticks through my headpiece (I have hidden it and wear a hooded robe now so I dont mind it atm). I have seen similar issues with a human smuggler with eyeglasses where his face would be totally messed up in a cutscene.

I add my voice here. I have a Miraluka with the rag eye cover and my hair sticks through my headpiece (I have hidden it and wear a hooded robe now so I dont mind it atm). I have seen similar issues with a human smuggler with eyeglasses where his face would be totally messed up in a cutscene.

Yeah, just a bug. When you have a helmet on, your hair should be turned off. I think they'll be able to fix that. But for the people who have the entire head piece, I doubt they can do much with that.

i have this problem too and its driving me crazy that everytime i wear a helmet my mohawk is stinking out the top. i really like how some of the helmets look so i really hope they fix it in the 1.1 patching coming out tomorrow

Oh...this is about clipping, not how horribly bad most of the headgear for Consulars is.

I guess that's good, because clipping could be a bug, but ugly headgear isn't really a bug, it's just annoying.

Edited by racsofp

Oh...this is about clipping, not how horribly bad most of the headgear for Consulars is.

I guess that's good, because clipping could be a bug, but ugly headgear isn't really a bug, it's just annoying.

Was going to say exactly this only more funny.

• 3 weeks later...
My male miralukan consular has medium length 'normal' styled hair. It clips through all helmets, in fact until I saw a human consular with the same helm from my guild I never knew that there was a 'cap' to the headgear I had. My hair clips through hoods as well. So any hooded robe I have had looks like holy h e l l because of it. The crappiest looking one so far has been the jawa robe from doing the one quest line for the jawas on Tatooine. If I would've known about this I would never have chosen the race and just gone with a human so I didn't have to be infuriated every time that I saw how horrible anything headgear/head covering looks.

I have Miralukan guy with dreadlocks and the bone looking eye covers and it clips like a sum*****. The only helmet that I can stand is the darksynth etc... facemask/helmet that completely replaces the head geometry. Most other headgear clips through the eye cover and usually my hairstyle sticks out. I think it's a geometry bug having to do with the eye cover on the character models. Have only seen the problem/heard of it with Miralukans. Very damn annoying. Nevermind that consular headgear looks like something Carmen Miranda would wear. Does not make my shadow look like the ****** ninja he should look like.

I have the same issue with my miralukan sage. She has the bone mask and all the helmets i have tried so far clip with my hair. I haven't come across one that interferes with the mask yet, but I imagine it will clip there as well.

I think I've discovered the problem:

Miraluka, Miraluka, Miraluka, Miraluka, Miraluka, Miraluka, Miraluka, Miraluka, Miraluka, Miraluka, Miraluka, Miraluka, Miraluka, Miraluka, Miraluka, Miraluka, Miraluka, Miraluka.

Why is everyone so anxious to play a blind Jedi in the first place? I agree that the clipping issues need to be fixed, but I'm more than happy with my human shadow and Mirialan knight because I don't have to worry about wearing a mask all the time. I only wish we consulars had more hooded robes and knights had less.