nvm

Varlak

IMO one of the wonderfull thing about SWTOR is the voice acting quest giver. But sadly its getting kinda boring once you've already made 2-3 other toons doing the same quest and I know that many player just totaly dislike it.

So why not giving us a key to /skip voice acting cut-scene to replace it by an old school quest text you can just skip when you don,t feel like reading it all ?

I'm trying to get my brother and his wife to be playing this game but they don,t enjoy watching movies of quests while trying to play and they are probably not alone in that case.

I see, so.. you are saying giant wall of text are more fun than hearing 2 people having a conversation? Alright, I guess we all have different tastes.

Also, what about things that you can say during quests that award you companion/social points as well as changing the end of a quest, or the differences between light and dark?

Guess we should chuck all the thousands of hours of voice acting out of the window, because let's face it, who wants scripted dialogues nowadays?

I used to enjoy SWTOR dialogues like you, then I found a spacebar....

Edited by Black_Rabbit

I see, so.. you are saying giant wall of text are more fun than hearing 2 people having a conversation? Alright, I guess we all have different tastes.

Also, what about things that you can say during quests that award you companion/social points as well as changing the end of a quest, or the differences between light and dark?

Guess we should chuck all the thousands of hours of voice acting out of the window, because let's face it, who wants scripted dialogues nowadays?

space bar!

space bar!

bwahahahahahahahahaha!

Great response! I needed a good laugh. From now on, when I see a wall of text or a long explanation of something, instead of TL;DR, I'm going to type "Spacebar."

:)

Edited by Alkiii

I used to enjoy SWTOR dialogues like you, until I found a spacebar....

To be fair, you missed the point where he was talking about making alt toons that go through the same quests.

For example, I leveled two Troopers, one Commando one Vanguard. I have no need to listen to every single bit of dialogue again as I already know what to expect. Additionally, all the side quests are the same thing. Once you've gone through them once or even twice, some people will find the interest to skip the same conversation.

To be fair, you missed the point where he was talking about making alt toons that go through the same quests.

For example, I leveled two Troopers, one Commando one Vanguard. I have no need to listen to every single bit of dialogue again as I already know what to expect. Additionally, all the side quests are the same thing. Once you've gone through them once or even twice, some people will find the interest to skip the same conversation.

Can you honestly remember all the sidequests and main quests you have done 50 levels ago?

I sometimes need to stop in the middle of my travelling and ask "Wait, why am I going there again?" -Opens up the log- "Ah right, the guy's moaning about the droids, got it"

And if you are leveling 2 at the same time, a few level apart then, well.. that is really a bit silly now, isn't it? :)

Edited by Black_Rabbit

Can you honestly remember all the sidequests and main quests you have done 50 levels ago?

I sometimes need to stop in the middle of my travelling and ask "Wait, why am I going there again?" -Opens up the log- "Ah right, the guy's moaning about the droids, got it"

And if you are leveling 2 at the same time, a few level apart then, well.. that is really a bit silly now, isn't it? :)

If i made an alt. Say an imperial agent. I would not skip through the IA story quest on Hutta. BUT i would skip through every other quest as i know i've done them on my BH.

There's a difference between side quests and story quests. Story quests i will NEVER skip through. Side quests i will. As they usually pertain to kill/collect xyz.

Side quests i will. As they usually pertain to kill/collect xyz.

See, I see side quests as "This person is asking for help, and it will take you to kill/collect something to complete it"

xyz is not the focus ("Centre") of a quest for me, but the "bonus" if you know what I mean, like "Oh, nice I get to kill stuff in order to help this person", in wow it for example it feels like you say: "GOD, I hope I do not have to collect more than 6 items after I click "accept", there is no fun even in visualising that aspect.

Edited by Black_Rabbit