Doc [spoilers inside!]

NevetzVess

When does he switch from guest to a regular companion? That is the question. Right now for me he is listed as a guest and I cannot do crew skills with him.

You can do crafting with him even if he's a guest. Just open the crafting/mission window and select Doc from the drop down menu

For some reason he seemed somewhat... nervous... after what I consider a rather interesting double close-encounter (I even gained 100 dark side points for it, lol) but for some reason after that it seems that he has not been talkative at all... (this being almost 2000 affection points later..)

Any ideas?

For some reason he seemed somewhat... nervous... after what I consider a rather interesting double close-encounter (I even gained 100 dark side points for it, lol) but for some reason after that it seems that he has not been talkative at all... (this being almost 2000 affection points later..)

Any ideas?

Answer to this question is almost always to advance your storlyine or shower the companion in gifts. I'm guessing it is the former in this case.