To all the people requesting 3rd-party supported UI..

lenoxx

There is a problem with 3rd Party UI's, and that's simply 'player created content'. At first this doesn't seem to bad, but there are major problems with this. Let me use a different word for player: 'hacker created content'. For all those that have been hacked, the first thing you are told to do is delete all 3rd party UI's. There's a reason for this, they sneak keystroke sniffers into their code and get into your account this way.

That is the ONLY reason I am against them. I think some are remarkable and others are downright genius. The problem is, anyone can download them, change the code a tad and upload them back to the provider of UI's and whammo! Hacks gone wild!

Then the game will remain unplayable for people with eyefinity or nivida surround.

Now try to think like a corporation. I don't know the numbers, but I'll hazard a guess that "people with eyefinity or nvidia surround" is like twelve guys.

Edited by JustTed

I just want to be able to re-size and re-position every single UI element. I'd rather have this a feature of the game rather than a 3rd party modification.

this tbh....

Plus in all honesty I'd prefer they paid devs to work on bugs and features that benefit the whole community (ie content, expacs, etc) rather than implementing and supporting a half dozen modders and a few hundred users that can't follow a walkthrough guide and install said mod without knackering their client.

I don't know the numbers, but I'll hazard a guess that "people with eyefinity or nvidia surround" is like twelve guys.

Keep sucking information out of your thumb, it makes you sound smart.

Edited by Mindslyde

There is a problem with 3rd Party UI's, and that's simply 'player created content'. At first this doesn't seem to bad, but there are major problems with this. Let me use a different word for player: 'hacker created content'. For all those that have been hacked, the first thing you are told to do is delete all 3rd party UI's. There's a reason for this, they sneak keystroke sniffers into their code and get into your account this way.

That is the ONLY reason I am against them. I think some are remarkable and others are downright genius. The problem is, anyone can download them, change the code a tad and upload them back to the provider of UI's and whammo! Hacks gone wild!

I have never had an issue with any mod for any game. I have downloaded many gigs of user created content of various types.

If you can't handle figuring out what websites to avoid, what not to download and how to make sure that files are safe. Someone needs to turn off your internet.

I have never had an issue with any mod for any game. I have downloaded many gigs of user created content of various types.

If you can't handle figuring out what websites to avoid, what not to download and how to make sure that files are safe. Someone needs to turn off your internet.

Given your uppity remark, I will ask: Which websites should I avoid? You seem to know the good ones and the bad ones.

Don't come in here and make a statement without backing it up. At least tell us which ones we should avoid.

In Warcraft, it is IMPOSSIBLE for a UI modification to "steal" keystrokes from your log in box.

It's not that it may be improbable or unlikely, it is not possible in any reality you or any one else can imagine. The game simply does not function in that manner and NEVER HAS, even when you could use Glue.XML to change your log in screen.

If you think clicking an EXE file is a UI mod, then you shouldn't be using your computer. Take out a knife and stab it in your throat and cut off your hand.

Given your uppity remark, I will ask: Which websites should I avoid? You seem to know the good ones and the bad ones.

Don't come in here and make a statement without backing it up. At least tell us which ones we should avoid.

The only place you should ever download UI modifications from is either Curse.com or wowinterface.com (wow only, obviously).

Curse.com, if you haven't heard of them, you shouldn't be playing MMO's

I personally refuse to use addons that are not available on Curse or wi, even if you can download them from the developers own site.

In Warcraft, it is IMPOSSIBLE for a UI modification to "steal" keystrokes from your log in box.

It's not that it may be improbable or unlikely, it is not possible in any reality you or any one else can imagine. The game simply does not function in that manner and NEVER HAS, even when you could use Glue.XML to change your log in screen.

If you think clicking an EXE file is a UI mod, then you shouldn't be using your computer. Take out a knife and stab it in your throat and cut off your hand.

Ah, more clueless rabble. It's ok, you keep believing you know exactly how these things work.

Ah, more clueless rabble. It's ok, you keep believing you know exactly how these things work.

No he's right. It really is impossible for LUA coded AddOns to steal your info. You have to be unaware of your download and just smash keys on a website called "GOLD4U/HAKKEYS.COM"

Then again I'm not really all that surprised that people don't know that LUA code can't keylog. There are a lot of people who think that UI addons are the same ones that people use to bot or hack.

Then again I'm not really all that surprised that people don't know that LUA code can't keylog. There are a lot of people who think that UI addons are the same ones that people use to bot or hack.

I wrote a few addons myself for original wow that thousands of people used. it's amazing how retarded they can be. One addon I wrote was a modified roll tracker (forgot the original name). I modified it to work as a loot tracker with rolling capability for pugs. People claimed that i hacked wow with the addon and caused people to roll 100 at will.

fantastic stuff.

I know there will be a mod that lets you move all your bars around that is the most important mod for me to actually get this game playable.

After that I would not care that much what mods pops up. But I would like something similar to GRID and Perl Classic unit frames from WoW.

You cannot play the game? Really?

I would demand my money back if I had bought a product that doesn't work.

The only place you should ever download UI modifications from is either Curse.com or wowinterface.com (wow only, obviously).

Curse.com, if you haven't heard of them, you shouldn't be playing MMO's

I personally refuse to use addons that are not available on Curse or wi, even if you can download them from the developers own site.

Official Update Regarding Virus Spread Through Rotating Ads

Recently Curse became aware of users receiving a virus from an advertisement Curse sites had in rotation. Read on for details regarding the steps we have taken to resolve this matter.

And you think the user mods wil be virus free?

Its all use at your own risk.

• 4 months later...

In EQ2 most players used 3rd party UI's such a profit or fetish nightfall all available through one site EQ2interfce.com

Theses are not add ons but replaced the default UI completely and because the Ui's where made by the comunity they pretty much had what the players wanted and need to make the UI a help and not a hindrance.

Also i would like to see the maintained buff window separate from debuff window and target window.

it would also be good if we could hit targets through another player and indirect heal so that healers can target the mob but heal the group member the mob is targeting rather than themselves.

Edited by Crazier

Well....I would never use any addon mod for the UI in this game. I donot use one in WoW and never have. And TOR's customizing features for the UI are absolutelty the best on the market. I love it. Wish WoW had TOR's.

3rd party suppport is for lazy players then again is like 80% of the gamers who use to use what they got and master it are now all lazy they want macros for this and that and this and that they want a 1 puton they can click and all there moves will be done **** if there was a macro t he will play for you 99% of this guys will use it i HOPE BIOWARE NEVER LET LAZY PLAYERS USE 3RD MODS

Well....I would never use any addon mod for the UI in this game. I donot use one in WoW and never have. And TOR's customizing features for the UI are absolutelty the best on the market. I love it. Wish WoW had TOR's.

Download pitbull for wow and check it out. It makes BW's attempt at ui customizaton a joke.

So you never used them but know this one is better??

Damn you are good,

Edited by Lt_Latency

Download pitbull for wow and check it out. It makes BW's attempt at ui customizaton a joke.

Or X-Perl:)

The point is that mods add a ton of options and function to the UI, The Dev team doesn't have to burden themselves with those types of projects nearly as much, and other MMOs have proven that the community is more than willing to write the mods to get the features they want. Why not support mods in the UI?