Wondering who's getting in when? CHECK HERE.

Aurinax

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Originally Posted by Draperx

Anyone who has pre-ordered on any date can get access on the 14th - (confirmed)

Confirmed by whom?

Please note: Putting (confirmed) after a statement for no apparent reason doesn't make said statement true.

It's on their main page

pre-order now and get up to 5 days early access

meaning 1 of 2 things

1. anyone preordering now has a greater than 0% chance to get 5 days access

2. they are false advertising

I just copy/pasted this from the legal stuff at the bottom of pre-order advertisement:

"ENTITLEMENT TO EARLY ACCESS IS CONTINGENT ON THE DATE OF YOUR PRE-ORDER AND THE RELEASE DATE OF THE PRODUCT. AVAILABILITY OF EARLY GAME ACCESS IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT ANY TIME BY EA IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION. SEE PRE-ORDER FAQ’S AT http://WWW.SWTOR.COM/PREORDER/FAQ"

Since the terms can change at their discretion, EA and subsequentially BW:

1. Are not obligated to provide greater than 0% chance for anything.

2. Are advertising legally despite any assumptions made on the part of the customer.

/lawyered

I think the keyword you are missing is "MAY." Meaning you may or may not.

I think you misunderstand the meaning of the word may.

eg that should clarify

I have 15 dollars total

On day 1 of a week long bonus period I advertise:

you may win up to 5 dollars !!

by day 5, 3 people have won 4 dollars leaving me with 3 dollars

I continue to advertise

you may win up to 5 dollars !! (knowing full well i can never give you 5 dollars)

this is pretty much Biowares Preorder campaign

eg that should clarify

I have 15 dollars total

I continue to advertise

you may win up to 5 dollars !! (knowing full well i can never give you 5 dollars)

Totally agree!!!

eg that should clarify

I have 15 dollars total

I continue to advertise

so true... lie lie lie lie... and again they lie...

I just copy/pasted this from the legal stuff at the bottom of pre-order advertisement:

"ENTITLEMENT TO EARLY ACCESS IS CONTINGENT ON THE DATE OF YOUR PRE-ORDER AND THE RELEASE DATE OF THE PRODUCT. AVAILABILITY OF EARLY GAME ACCESS IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT ANY TIME BY EA IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION. SEE PRE-ORDER FAQ’S AT http://WWW.SWTOR.COM/PREORDER/FAQ"

Since the terms can change at their discretion, EA and subsequentially BW:

1. Are not obligated to provide greater than 0% chance for anything.

2. Are advertising legally despite any assumptions made on the part of the customer.

/lawyered

in red: Contigent on the date of your pre-order is irrespective of the "up to 5 days" within a 7 day period

in green: "Subject to change" means after the fact, not 0% chance of getting 5 days early access in the first place.

/pwned

I think the keyword you are missing is "MAY." Meaning you may or may not.

It's a pretty convenient loophole for sure.

They sure covered their tracks just in case, i can understand why people get so upset though.

Just try to see it from other peoples point of view, myself i will likely not play it till release but i would be happy for any early start.

I registered my code on the 28th of July, and did not get an invite, Most likely getting it today (Wednesday the 14th of December)

Just be patient. You will be able to play the game eventually.

sorry to ask but did i not do it right? I did not receive the invite, but I did redeem on 8/10.

Heh, I don't expect we'll see any new news on this for several more hours at least ;)

But we can keep the discussion going.

Coincidentally I had yesterday and today off of work, not due to anything I had done, just happened to be my days off for the week, but I don't expect to get in for several more days.

While I pre-ordered the 18th of November I think, I wasn't able to input a pre-order code until the 7th due to being sent an 'already used' code from best buy and having to wait for a valid code through the support page.

in red: Contigent on the date of your pre-order is irrespective of the "up to 5 days" within a 7 day period

in green: "Subject to change" means after the fact, not 0% chance of getting 5 days early access in the first place.

/pwned

I'm going to point out that you've spent the better part of the last couple hours trying to start a flame war over this topic, and since they've all failed, you feel the need to come troll this thread. Here's some of the threads you've recently started:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=14252

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=14110

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=14046

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=12128

I understand that you're frustrated. We all want to play too. But quit trolling you're agenda by trying to use baseless allegations and conspicuous wordings off of an advertisement. You are clearly misunderstanding BW's intentions behind their methodology in implementing the early launch. Maybe you should go back and re-read the EULA and finally get it through to yourself that they have the right to make any changes they want in how they implement their IP, and by signing it (which you did upon creation of your account) you agreed to THEIR terms of service not the other way around.

Hmm im just saying great post but i know im getting my copy of the game before ill be in early access since my game was sent first class on monday.. so ill have it by today/maybe tomorrow. Its a bit of a kick in the nuts since i will have the game but cant play it.. im sure this is the same for many of you

Sorry if this has been asked before, scanning 11 pages at 5:22am EST is a little out of my brains function at the moment.

What is the possibility of them sending invites on Saturday and Sunday? I don't believe I have ever seen BW/EA announce/launch something huge on a weekend. I guess I am just worried that they will halt invites Friday night and resume Monday or everyone will be invited before the weekend.