Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

What grade would you give Bioware today?

Zolaz

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A+ the game is great, I actually read the stuff about when they would tell people they would get in. And I knew I would get in early because I pre-ordered the morning of Day 1. Game was been going very smooth and I'm taking my time and enjoying the experience.

Thanks Bioware!

Let me get this rolling with a solid F.

Poor peformance. People on these forums dont seem to like Bioware at the moment, that is going to hurt you on your peer eval. Lack of Effort, put in a minority of the population today then decided to go home. Really ... you have some "team" working 24/7 and they are "busy" "working" right now? Come on, show some respect to people they have brains. You dont chill for 18 hours and say you are hard at work.

I hope Bioware tries harder in the future.

You guys do realize that most of the people who respond to this thread are people that are pissed off. The other 90% are in game.

F-

1. Never told us when we'd get access. 1000's of fans took today off work and school and for what? To sit around all day hoping to get an invite that never came.

2. Only gave access to the first 6 days of pre-orders. They have 150 more days to go.

3. The Bioware team calls it quits at 2pm CST and heads home for the night.

4. All current available servers have been XP pvp exploited.

5 All current servers except one are "Light" or "standard" population, and those lucky enough to get in game, can't find groups because the entire world is mostly empty.

6. Crappy UI

7. No combat log

I'll play my first 30 free days then I'm done with Bioware forever.

It's like Ford. My dad bought a brand new Ford Tempo in 1989. The thing was the biggest piece of junk you'd ever seen.

I will never, ever buy a Ford because of that.

See you in February.

A-

As far as I played, a great game with a bunch of new and interesting ideas on several subjects with a quite sharp sense of the detail (hyperspace tunnel visible through the bay of your ship ? You really did this ?). A good if not excellent immersion, Coruscant senate is so huge it makes your head spin and I found the music particularly adaptative to situations and changes.

And despite all the ranting about it, I found the early access process, even if a little frustrating during the wait, quite neat and problem-free - not so much of them, even less than I expected. I also have the luck of not facing a queue or a crash so far, that could make my opinion a little higher than others' ones.

So why not give an A+ ? Because there's still bugs here and there (my companion following me, still alive, but laying on the floor :) ) and because the game still needs to face the launching trial before giving a valuable mark.

And final reason, an A+ can't be given because, as a teacher of mine said, "A+ means perfection, that can't be reached. So the true best mark is A". Comme on, Bioware, make it the better MMO launch since years and earn your A ;)

I give it an A, got in on day one but a little annoyed about the log in time, I will give it an A+ when the deadline for entering the retail box code is up, then most of the people who preorder to play early who were not going to buy the game anyway will be off the servers.

I'd give them an F cause i havent even played isnce beta.

0 customer support

0 communcation

and 100% lag and bad framerates.

and HOW MANY YEARS DID THEY PREAPARE FOR THIS WEEK? prbobaly about half a day.

"0 communication"

Not sure what forum you're looking at bro

I'd hate to say it, but I'd give them an F.

Not for the Queues, or the QQQ, or any of that, but for failure to implement a queue-position saving mechanic in the game. Crashing or getting disconnected resetting your position is absolutely unacceptable in a modern MMO.

If someone crashes and reconnects within, say, 10 minutes, that account should simply bypass the queue and zip right in. If someone DCs while in queue, they need to go back to the position they were at.

F, terrible service, q's are ridiculous with no ability to transfer to new servers

game is very single player, cut scenes are already annoying, lack of community and reports are the end game is joke easy raiding and bad pvp.

Id at least get there and try it for my self but I am not waiting 60 minutes to log in and I already can barely get myself to play and not starting over my level 18 character.

Let me get this rolling with a solid F.

Poor peformance. People on these forums dont seem to like Bioware at the moment, that is going to hurt you on your peer eval. Lack of Effort, put in a minority of the population today then decided to go home. Really ... you have some "team" working 24/7 and they are "busy" "working" right now? Come on, show some respect to people they have brains. You dont chill for 18 hours and say you are hard at work.

I hope Bioware tries harder in the future.

your clueless everyone that trolls on the forums are the minority and will pew pew hatred cause that is all they can do in a QQ lol.

nothen they can do bout the Qs people flock to the populated servers thinking after the 1st month they will still be populated

F.

Average launch. Could care less about that.

F for failing with their insanely huge budget by spending 2/3 of it on voice work that just makes the game pretty without adding any significant depth to a fancy WoW in space clone.

They could have spent that on decent features, or making the game not a total WoW clone while still retaining the style.

Also, what major development company that makes its own engines would use HERO engine for an MMO of this scale?

I rate you comment an F for being ill informed.

1. game is about a solid story you can sink you teeth into which was delivered in spades.

2. WoW clone? Are you kidding? WoW cloned itself from Dark age of camalot WHICH by the way was made by Bioware in the first place. if anything WoW cloned from this games for-father. TOR is merely returning to its daddies roots.

3. Your knocking the engine now after 6 months of beta and 3 years of development? Your grasping at straws at this point buddy.

Man people I understand constructive criticism but the constructive part is mandatory yeah?

I'm going to give a C. The pre-launch guild creation was brilliant from the standpoint of managing numbers on servers. Pre-orders factored into this too. Given they could manage chunks of players and knew how many would be able to play as of yesterday, they should have juggled server populations a bit better. The fact that so many servers have ridiculous queues to me indicates that they are capping them to play it safe for no crashes this week, or they didn't do the math right.

I expected a bit more out of the stress testing and the data that was available based on pre-orders. Not a complete fail. Once I am in things run pretty smooth. A few familiar bugs from the last build or two of beta.

I'll just count myself "lucky" that my guild ended up on a server with only 15-20 minute queues...