What grade would you give Bioware today?

Zolaz

A-.

They should have more customer service support and should have anticipated heavy volume calling because of security question resets.

Other than that I think they are doing a great job.

Staggering EA is a nice touch to even out server load. Come launch day the servers should be well seasoned, as well as the devs/customer support on what to expect come the official launch.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

F- I will say this the game is great, If you were able to play. They did 4 send outs which is not enough. Would of been better if they sent us a email saying your going to be in on this day . Instead of dragging there player base along.

Would have given A+ if...

they would have notified us with each wave as to what registration date they were at so we could plan our days accordingly.

I agree with this part. Except I would give a little lower of a score, think the lack of communication is a big part. Granted I know I won't have access for days still, I just think that getting on the forums saying "A+, quit whining to those that didn't get in" is probably worse then all the people trying to stir a mutiny and whining that they didn't get in first wave.

**Please note I don't feel mentioning disappointment or knowing you were one of the first pre-orders and didn't get invite qualifies as whining. However, getting ridiculous and damning the company completely is definately whining.**

F

Because I was hoping this would be the first MMO without launch problems... But as always... I am not surprised some crap like this happens and I end up returning to WoW.

So you're saying every MMO has had launch problems(by your comment 'I was hoping this would be the first MMO without launch problems')so you're giving this one a F because it didn't live up to a standard no one else has been able to meet?

"D" for Customer Support. I ordered in August and finally got my early release code on December 1st. They got it fixed, so they can't be flunked for their efforts. The effort gave them the D.

"F" for not giving accurate information. The grace period fiasco is what I'm referring to.

"D-" for adding 2 more days to early release and then telling us that those that got their code in late November or in December will more than likely only get one day of early access.

"F" for stopping email invites early this afternoon. Seeing "light" and "medium" populated servers is very disheartening. My work day doesn't end in the middle of the afternoon.

"F" for making hundreds of thousands of players sit around waiting for a "lottery" email.

"F" for giving me one day of early release and then making me have to wait until December 31st to play again due to me waiting to get my CE in the mail from Best Buy.

Overall, "F" ... for the worst launch I've ever experienced. And I've been there for every single one of them since September 1997.

F for launching a 150 million dollar MMO and clocking out at 2 in the afternoon.

To be fair, I'm sure they wanted to address any service/client bugs before the next day batch. To some degree, the first batch was the pre-release testers to catch anything nasty before they crank open the pipe. (Note, I'm also still waiting to get in.)

F

Because I was hoping this would be the first MMO without launch problems... But as always... I am not surprised some crap like this happens and I end up returning to WoW.

This is not launch, yes I understand its leading up to launch. Also, launches never go with out a hickup, but giving bioware an F is not fair.

I give them a C.

They did not handle things well, but they accomplished their task. Maybe a C+. Maybe.

Servers are up and running, however lightly populated due to their inability to create a system that supported constant, scheduled invites (Hell, I'm sure they could have -programmed- something to do this. If not, overtime is money.)

But, the game hasn't gone up in flames. So, C.

F

Terrible communication; I dont think they realize that people left WoW because Bliz got lazy and smug with their customers. I'm seeing the same from bioware and have since cancelled my pre-order. If I dont get in tommorow I wont be re-ordering on 12/20

good-bye!

I give Bioware an A+ my son got in and the game has ran very smooth for him all day.

Edited by TheShootist

all the F's are from ragers who didnt get in.

all the A's are from Bioware Fanbois who think they will get in if they try to flatter.

The people who actually got in seem to be giving a range of scores.

I think I'll give it an honest C. At least their servers havent crashed and they are on schedule with what they at least have planned.

I give them a C.

They did not handle things well, but they accomplished their task. Maybe a C+. Maybe.

Servers are up and running, however lightly populated due to their inability to create a system that supported constant, scheduled invites (Hell, I'm sure they could have -programmed- something to do this. If not, overtime is money.)

But, the game hasn't gone up in flames. So, C.

Stop being a baby back bi*ch because you haven't got in EA yet. Calm down and wait patiently like the rest of us.

There haven't been any server crashes or total catastrophes. The worst that anyone has been able to say about the launch is that they didn't get in as early as they wanted or expected to.

This is easily the smoothest launch I've ever seen of any MMO. The people shaking their tiny fists on the forums notwithstanding, everyone I know who's actually playing the game has said it's working fine, which for any MMO on the first day of large-scale access is practically unprecedented.

Pre going back on the whole grace period was A+ job well done, after going back on grace period down to a C+

After saying ok its 1:30 CST lets call it a day rest of you tough luck maybe we might finish july pre orders tomorrow if we get them in in the 6 hours we seem to work a day... (6amcst to 1 pm cst) D- and falling fast.

To be fair, I'm sure they wanted to address any service/client bugs before the next day batch. To some degree, the first batch was the pre-release testers to catch anything nasty before they crank open the pipe. (Note, I'm also still waiting to get in.)

Then what the hell was beta for?

What the hell did I participate in during the "Stress Test Beta Weekend?"