Lost 1000 companion affection in two hours.

scfs

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop doing things that your companion doesn't like.

You can make up the difference with Companion gifts. A couple professions give them as rewards

Lets see here.

I've done things my companion hates a hundred times or so.

90 of those got me a -1.

4 of them got me a -219.

6 of them got me -42.

(rough estimate on the -1's. probably alot more tbh.)

Thats just..ridiculous numbers.

I don't mind frustrating companions, but -219 is just..nuts.

Lets see here.

I've done things my companion hates a hundred times or so.

90 of those got me a -1.

4 of them got me a -219.

6 of them got me -42.

(rough estimate on the -1's. probably alot more tbh.)

Thats just..ridiculous numbers.

I don't mind frustrating companions, but -219 is just..nuts.

How the hell do you get -219, the max i've ever gotten is -40, and i have never let my Companion determine the response i do in a convo and i'm still growing affection without giving gifts....

I haven't seen a -219 yet, something to look forward to I guess.

Companions are pretty easy to predict as mentioned, just send one off to get a companion gift as a task and away you go. Light sided companions are easier to manage that dark sided ones. I love how dark side companions don't like it when you make dark side decisions, Mako, I'm looking at you...

i have never gotten a -219 but maybe a -100 a few times but i can predict what all my companions will like and what they wont liek because im sith usually companions like it when you do evil.. so i do evil and they like it so im guessing that since your republic im gussing u do good and they will like it and according to there tone when they talk you can tell if they are good or evil as well...

If it's such a huge issue, escape out of the conversation and swap to a different companion?

Exactly what I do with mine. I like to explore the dialogue options, and sometimes I find hidden bonuses (extra credits, an additional response resulting in DS/LS points) and that sort of thing. And of course some of my agent's replies are downright hilarious and I might've missed them otherwise :D

I like my current pet because I can be evil and most of the time he doesn't object. However my other half loses points all the time to his companion as she doens't seem to accept that he is a bounty hunter who kills people.

He has to buy her lots of gifts :D

I think the most I lost was 160 to Khem. he really doesn't like it when you let people go instead of killing them....

but yeah, I seem to be gaining affection at steady rate anyways and I only gave him one gift so far.

incidentally, there's also a gift vendor on the fleet.

Companion points are easy to get back through gifts. Dark/Light side points are not easy to get therefor I go for the dark/light and screw what my companion thinks. They will forget all about the fact you just killed a basket full of kittens if you give them a necklace later.

Until a vendor sells dark/light side gifts for myself I will go for them in quest discussions over what makes a companion happy.