Eternity Vault: Soa down (Nightmare mode) after only 2 weeks after release :)

And you know this how?

Well you are one person. The last time I looked, that represents a pretty small minority of the people in this game. Also, one guild represents a pretty small portion of the people playing the game, hence a minority.....pretty simple concept bud :p.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How much endgame content does your 1-million player MMO have?

None? Well, with effort you'll do the things you say others should.

At least you have the accomplishment of this forum post to your name, although it didn't have a lot of end-post content to it.

Bioware is planning things for a sensible rollout- first get the game up and running, then add more content to it.

Here's a link to my thread http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=120914

Nice raging by the way. Can't wait to see your reaction to it. Story means nothing for gameplay. It's funny the only ones saying they enjoy this "game" play 2 hours a week and are nowhere near 50. Once you're 50, then what? Reroll? ROFL.

If your playing for 10 hours a day you need to seriously get a life. Education. Job. Girlfriend. Move out of mommy's basement. Seriously.

What I don't get is why people make these posts every time all the content has been beaten by someone. Isn't that indicative of their skill and experience rather than the difficulty of the game? Considering the amount of overall experience everyone has with MMOs nowadays, its no wonder that people can bring a character up to max level overnight and walk over all the content. If 10% can do that in a quick amount of time, it doesn't mean anything aside from those guys being good players who know their stuff. If 50 to 70% of the guilds out there pulled it off in the same amount of time, then I would agree that it's a problem with game difficulty and it should be tuned dramatically upwards.

Of course, it would be fun to make challenging content the moment you the Covert to Ops button gets pushed. However, saying that the raiding is laughably easy because the best guilds in the game can finish the content really fast is a silly argument. They're going to finish stuff absurdly fast all the time, and it's not indicative of the larger player base.

So 2 weeks after the release, all PvE content has been beaten:

http://swtor.irae-guild.de/7-news/392-eternity-vault-55-nightmare-8-man

PvP related: T2 violet artifact stuff being done randomly to everyone in bags.

So now everyone is almost full stuff T2 PvP grinding to level 60 PvP to get even better stuff randomly in better bags.

Yes, they apparently forgot to hire a game designer :)

want a cookie?

maybe some SPF 1000 for when you have to go get your mail?

I'm sure this will get lost in the shuffle, but gratz to the OP and his guild.

My main is a 27 MERC, about 200 in all 3 crew skills, Valor Rank 4. I play when I can. Not a hardcore raider, but have raided plenty in previous games. Left WoW well before BC. Didn't think it was nearly as good as LOTRO, but it was a great game for what it was.

When I'm soloing, I watch the voiceovers. When I'm grouped, I don't. There is a METRIC CRAP-TON of quests, and there's worlds I could go to but haven't touched. The quests might be repetitive, but hey....isn't that where the STORYLINE kicks in?

SWTOR is the perfect game FOR ME. It suits my playstyle and availability. If you want to "beat" a game, get used to disappointment from MMO's because everyone's definition of "beating the game" is different.

Try Contra.

Edited by Silvercoupe

Lich king hardmode actually took almost 2 months to down after being unlocked and this was by the best of the best raiders 90% people didnt even kill it with the 30% buff

Read you post again and compare it to TOR.

LK HM was one of the hardest encounters the game had, does not mean reset of the Raids were hard to. Take for example Naxx at start of WOTLK ;)

Fortunately for BioWare, end game doesn't keep a customer base going.

Reason why WoW still has so many active subscriptions? A large casual base of players.

I bet probably 1% of WoW players ever reached the end game, 1% of that probably cleared hard modes. Do the math, that is like ~1000 players. I am sure Blizzard couldn't give a **** about 1000 subscriptions.

That number is even lower for SWTOR and I am sure BioWare doesn't give a crap about you either.

Get a life WoW trolls.

So now everyone is almost full stuff T2 PvP grinding to level 60 PvP to get even better stuff randomly in better bags.

Well grats to the downed boss guys for 8 people thats good work.

But correction you did not do all PVE content there is no level 60 and even if you add up all of your team you still have the other classes on the other faction to play. So it is my suggestion to leave the leetness at the door cause claims like that make people look stupid

And to reiterate the fact that Nightmare mode isn't actually set at Nightmare difficulty because of a bug. So grats and all, but you guys haven't done it with the real difficulty level yet.

Indeed. The only nightmare kills that count are those that come after Tuesday's patch.

And to reiterate the fact that Nightmare mode isn't actually set at Nightmare difficulty because of a bug. So grats and all, but you guys haven't done it with the real difficulty level yet.

It was done on nightmare, the bug does not affect everything, but hey, it will also be down after the patch just for your pleasure :)

I think there was a mistake made. Oh yeah.. You thought people actually cared what about what you accomplished.

Almost everyone falls into one of these categories:

1) Really has no idea what you're talking about.

2) Feels that you had it too easy, marginalizing the modicum of achievement you've produced.

3) Feels that given the same opportunities you have had they can easily accomplish what you have.

Very very few people will give you what you're really looking for, a salute to your execution and hearty amazement at the awesome which seeps out of every orifice in your e-body.

MMOs are easy. Way easy. Any accomplishments you make are built on a foundation of principles formed on much more difficult terrain with inferior tools and superior intellects.

The guys like these stand on the shoulders of giants, claiming a place that is not their own. You have a well-designed UI, a relatively stable game, and a very small team of people, literaly 1/9th or less the size of EQ raids. The coordination of such a small group of people is childs-play compared to the necessary logistics of managing a team of over 70 people.

Why haven't more people done what you've done? Other people just don't.. care as much. Because it's just not that big of a deal.

Sucks to be you,

seriously, you've missed alot of good stuff, in fact mose the the game.