A change to guard in pvp, fair request?

FunkyNassau

I could see the benefit of this, but sometimes, especially in Huttball, I just want to take my guard off, not swap it to another person. Add this new functionality, but if you're targeting yourself and you use guard, you just disable guard maybe? That way you can turn it off without having to use it on a fresh target.

The toggle should be that if you're targetting a non-viable target it should toggle off. If you're targetting a viable target, it should jump to that target.

As it is, I do a lot of target switching with Guard atm and I'm used to having to double tap it, but it would feel much more responsive if it worked that way.

It would definitely make things convenient.

I'd like to see the Guard ability automatically switch you to Soresu, too, if you aren't in it--that would make me a happy Jedi.

That would likely be possible with macros if we ever get them, place guard above Soresu, if guard doesn't work then it you should change to Soresu but if guard does work then the macro would stop there.

As for the OP, yes totally agree.

I'd also like the range to be increased for the non ranged tanks, whilst as ranged you can do most of your stuff next to your guarded targets, we pretty much are all over the place leaping.

I mean, I can still get 100k+ defence in pvp so yeah, it isn't a big problem but the fact I need to move to all my targets which for the most part are also ranged, I often leave my guarded target. Unless he screams to me over comms and I guardian leap back :p

I'd also like the range to be increased for the non ranged tanks, whilst as ranged you can do most of your stuff next to your guarded targets, we pretty much are all over the place leaping.

I mean, I can still get 100k+ defence in pvp so yeah, it isn't a big problem but the fact I need to move to all my targets which for the most part are also ranged, I often leave my guarded target. Unless he screams to me over comms and I guardian leap back :p

I agree with you on range because some times I don't think I am far and then all a sudden I hear that my friend is getting the crap beat out of him, actually what I would is a focus color, so who ever I have guarded will be a different color on the map and there name.