How many of you played RIFT?

Lienwyn

I did. I liked it for awhile. The whole Rift mechanic got boring after awhile which unfortunately I see the VOs and cutscenes becoming the same here.

And honestly, this community (forum at least) is far worse than Rift's. The venom on both sides is over the top.

And why did you quit?

I quit due to the community. SWTOR's community looks awfully similar lol

Played launch, got to Tier 2 Rogue tank and just stopped one day and never went back. It just wasnt very fun. Zero story line and immersion. The world stuff was fun. But it had nothing special. I ended up giving my account to some girl at a mall I worked near. Haha

The community?

More like Trion's Community Relations department was a complete joke and missing in action completely. The community in MMOs will always be similar. Bioware is paying attention to the community which is cool. Trion did not and that is why I quit.

I did. I liked it for awhile. The whole Rift mechanic got boring after awhile which unfortunately I see the VOs and cutscenes becoming the same here.

And honestly, this community (forum at least) is far worse than Rift's. The venom on both sides is over the top.

That's what I'm thinking as well. Though I think RIFT was still a success in a business POV; at least according to most articles I read and when compared to Age of Conan or Warhammer.

And why did you quit?

I played, I still have an active sub, once january sub to swtor ends I'll be going back. Its a much better game.

I played Rift, it was fun for a while, but grew stale and then the developer decided to follow the WoW endgame model and I decided it wasn't worth my time. Not sure what to think of this one just yet.

You've not been in game for a while have you? RIFT endgame is massively more open that wow's raid model. In fact, they have introduced many different progression paths to let you play how you want. Swtor may want to take notice.....oh no, read the dev blog, its operations all the way in......

Edited by Cameirus

Played it. Quit because of PvP balance mostly. Idiot dev Gersh thought Pyromancers were okay for what... a month? It was so ridiculous being one-shot by an equally geared character. PvP imbalances and a lack of raid content. Greenscale wasn't enough for me on release. We destroyed that raid in a couple weeks after we started raiding.

And why did you quit?

Thats sad to hear, a very decent game Rift, I honestly dont know why I quit, I just logged out one night and never went back in, wasnt the community, I had some nice people to play with.

I quit because once you get past the sub level 20 area, the game loses its biggest selling point, Rifts. During the 1-20 area it was great, everyone was doing rifts, invasions were happening frequently. Then once you hit level 20 and leave, nobody wants to do the rifts anymore, and invasions don't happen nearly as often and people don't even want to partipate in those either when they did happen. So since Rifts were out of the equation, it felt exactly like WoW. (Not saying WoW is bad, I enjoyed the game for a few years till I got bored of it). I'm fine with playing an MMO that is similar to WoW, as long it has a game defining difference that is enjoyable. For Rift it was the Rifts and Invasions, but people didn't want anything to do with those after level 20, for SWTOR is the story and the interacting with the NPCs.

This multiplied by 1,000. The TOR community is worse by far and the VO novelty is starting to wear off.

Now that I think about... I remember the first world event in Rift. That was a good time. People say that Rift lacked immersion, but it definitely had its moments.

Edited by WarTornPanda

Rift was fun at first, the graphics, combat, skill trees, and vast open world was new and exciting until i got to the level cap and it just felt like wow all over again except the storyline was not captivating nor were the pvp and high level dungeons.

Thats sad to hear, a very decent game Rift, I honestly dont know why I quit, I just logged out one night and never went back in, wasnt the community, I had some nice people to play with.

I wasn't the one who noticed the community actually, because I normally love trolling. My gf was the one who noticed it and told me that the community was somehow worse than WoW's (might be because on WoW we mainly stuck with real life friends)...and then off we went back to WoW.

I played it for half an hour.

A lot of people throw the word "WoW Clone" around, but if any game deserved that title it was Rift.

no more than swtor does. In fact, far less than swtor does. At least they tried to be innovative.

If you've not played rift for a while, try a free pass again. Its changed quite a lot. Multiple endgame progression paths, invasions changed to be more frequent, solo dungeons, instant group adventure content, new endgame zone thats not a faceroll...

Ok, so the pvp is still pretty sucky at 50, due to gear scaling, but then swtor takes that further with also mixing all levels together....