Best PvP Build for Powertechs?

Zuesy

Damn it sucks...I got like the best luck ever. I dinged 50 for like a week now and already in almost full champion except for the centurion leg and modded epic boot just because of my luck. Currently working on the tank gears but it seems that the luck has reverted since I only get commendation for like two days straight now.

My luck has been baaaaad

Only gotten the token for the pistol AND I'm not getting many commendations per bag. Cracking open a bag, seeing 2 commendations, and knowing you need 42 to get anything? Pretty *********** depressing man.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Imo opinion powertechs are slightly underpowered in PvP especially in terms of pumping out damage -- everything they can do mercenarys do better(but at range). Like many of our close combat fire abilities just seem to be very lacking combined with many lackluster talent tree options.

Also I cannot create a thread title for some reason(so if anyone can help me that would be great).

I strongly disagree. Quell is insanely good for keeping a healer locked down, probably better then almost any other class. You have a ton of versatility with grapple and jet charge as well.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301uZMsMroZfhrrzhMM.

With that you can do decent range damage (no anything great, but it can hurt) with Incendiary missle and then a rail shot (90% armor piecing at that). At close range you've got flame burst which puts a stronger combust on them, then you have a possible refresh on your rocket punch and your rail shot. Rail shot will vent heat for you if you hit a combust opponent. You've also got your 6 second quell for healers. Energy Shield can break cc, and it recharges very fast with Energy Rebounder skill. Then Retractable blade can put a second dot on them (a third if you hit them with Incendiary missle), and Flame burst cuts their damage by 2% (not huge, but can add up for sure). You could move Gyroscopic Jets into Infrared Sensors really, and would probably be smart for pvp to really help on those stealthers.

I have no problems with this build what so ever, and I don't even have all the points to use it really. If I was not the tank for my guild, I would be running this build all the time.

Just to clear up, obviously some people won't like this build, or will even have a better one. I'm just saying that Power Techs are not underwhelming in PvP what so ever. Each tree has it's uses, and can be very effective. There are even some good hybrid builds, which is isn't true for some other classes.

I don't know jack about Merc's so I won't comment on them other then saying I've seen some lvl 50 mercs wreck teams with tracer missle.

Edited by Athilias

Do you guys expect these hybrid builds to last? I mean I remember hearing BW developers mention that they wanted no hybrids, and if they saw any pop up they would readjust the talent trees.

Can you link this? Cuase I haven't heard this, and one of the reason I hate blizz, they took away hybrids from wow. Will hate bW if they do this.

Can you link this? Cuase I haven't heard this, and one of the reason I hate blizz, they took away hybrids from wow. Will hate bW if they do this.

I can't find the exact quote, and I can't remember if it was in a written interview or a video. However, I did find another person making reference to the same, and they mentioned it being applied to end-game PvE only. Sorry about the false alarm.

On a totally random note, I feel like ST/Pyro needs a nickname. I for one love those names for hybrid builds (exp: elemental Mage in vanilla WoW, HARP rogues in WoW, StormGut in swtor). Others may hate it, but its just my opinion.

Let's face it, we do this build because Jet Charge is amazing and managing heat with Rail Shot from pyro is better than Heat Blast.

JetPyro build! PyroJet?!

You get the drift.

Let's face it, we do this build because Jet Charge is amazing and managing heat with Rail Shot from pyro is better than Heat Blast.

JetPyro build! PyroJet?!

You get the drift.

No that is exactly it.

This build is the closest I can get to the character I wanted when I made a Powertech. The damage is still lacking, but it is the best you're going to do with Jet Charge.

I didn't want to have to walk around like a sitting duck in PvP. I wanted to use my damned jetpack to rocket across a huttball field and punch Jedi in the face.

I don't even want to have to take the 5 seconds to walk up to a pack of mobs when I'm DPSing. I DPS as Full Pyro when I do it, the damage is nice, but I'll be damned if walking around like a Putz doesn't take a lot of the fun out of it.

Best Powertech build for PvP = 21/2/18

I used to run a pure Shieldtech build, and did okay in PvP. Because of AoE, BH are always near the top of the kill list (or should be). But I was definitely lacking that extra "umph" to finish off opponents 1 on 1. Trust me, with a pure Shieldtech build at level 45, you are very hard to kill. It usually took more than 3 to take me down.

But now with this new build, I'm pumping out way more damage and didn't take much of a hit on defense.

What cylinder do you run with?

What cylinder do you run with?

You run it with ION. Better mitigation and the ability to throw out Guard for easy medals and team support.

how bout a 17/2/22 build to maximize railshot damage?

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#30...Z0MZbIbbdG0M.1

granted it doesnt have jet charge, but it got puncture, flame shield, and firebug.

I can't get your link to work, but I can take a guess at what you picked up anyway.

You're welcome to try it yourself, but the entire point of ST/Pyro is to pick up Jet Charge while having as much damage as possible. If I were to give up Jet Charge, I'd just go back to full Pyro for awesome Thermal Detonator burst damage.

As a 4/6/31 spec what champion gear should I go for and what is the rotation or priority of the skills?

You probably want Eliminators or Combat Tech, check the set bonuses here http://knotor.com/item_sets and the difference is that one favors harder crits while the other is more even in terms of set bonuses.

There is no set rotation in PvP but a general guideline to follow is to always have Incendiary DoT on the target, Rail shot on cool down and juggling between flame burst and rocket punch for procs. Fish for a proc when you really need to burst and use vent heat to get back down. Other one should be used more preemptively.

Ok the eliminator set has power and surge rating, while the combat tech has critical rating and surge rating. The eliminator has the 15% RS crit and the combat tech has the bonus for rocket punch. What is more valuable as a pyro build?