BH Healing for PVE

Chorusgirl

While i'm not saying we are completely worthless as we do heal single targets extremely well.. I mostly agree with this point.

Why take a merc as a healer in an 8 man? or even a 16 man when they are far more valuable as dps

I rolled a merc to heal, sadly I step aside so that others can do it because they are simply better at the job then I am.

Maybe this will change in the future, but there are no fights that make use of us healing that we would do better then anyone else.. Not even the frenzy from foreman.

Actually correction I would take 1 merc healer on a 16 man.. but on 8's I'd prefer 2 other healers.

Ummm, im a BH Healer for my 8-mans. and With me and a Sorc, we have had no problems completing EV and Karaggas on Hard Mode. Its sad that you think, the amount you can heal is greater than everything else the BH Healing class has to even offer. Like, a HoT on your targets with Rapid Scan? a 10% dmg reduction shield for 6 people with Kolto Missle. Kolto Barrier, which can heal a target while you are healing others. Not to mention you can heal others while running. Every Rapid shot hits for 850-1050hp per use if you are geared enough. A Merc has much better healing while running, and with an ability like Supercharged Gas, you and your other healer can top off your entire 8 man by the time it is over. My 8-man would rather wait a day for me to be able to participate then to go with out me.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A Merc has much better healing while running

I lol'd.

The fact is that we don't bring as much to the table as the other healers. Unfortunately, the tuning of the operations thus far doesn't call for min-maxing (or maybe that's fortunate, depending on who you ask). I'm also usually brought in as a dps instead of a healer because Merc dps brings something to the table, while Merc healing really doesn't. If I didn't like DPS my guild would let me heal, but I don't see the point when our other healers bring more utility and I bring that extra oomph as a dps.

I'm also usually brought in as a dps instead of a healer because Merc dps brings something to the table, while Merc healing really doesn't. .

Not really sure if this is because it's a 8 man and you are short on dps, In my experience I have healed (as a merc) through nightmare mode 8 mans including prenerf Bonethrasher which was a pain to heal. I have had 2 healed all this stuff with both an Op as a partner and a Sorc and found that we healed it all with ease. Once or twice our sorc healer has died during the current version of bonethrasher and I can manage to keep our raid alive for a good deal after that (if we're close to killing it) Healing this content is not hard. Merc's bring plenty to the table. It's kind of like you're comparing the dps of a sorc to an operative (lethality spec) which is like 30% less damage over all. The gap between the healing classes isn't as large.

I definitely think there's a higher learning curve with the usage of heat and knowing what you can and can't do at certain heat levels to remain <40h It's all about using that SCG as often as you can, preferably when a good amount of spamming is necessary. On longer fights Merc healers can go forever while a sorc will run out of resources.

Only time I feel pressured on my Merc healing is during AOE fights because Kolto missiles only hit 3 people leaving me to fill in the gaps with single target heals. The fact that Sorcs get a heal that hits everyone in range is pretty crazy by comparison (with the numbers they're putting out with it hard to imagine it won't get nerfed in a future patch).

Single target wise though we're strong as hell. We can always keep +5% healing (Kolto) and 10% armor boost (rapid scan) on a target. We can pop out huge burst healing as well.

My question is how did you come to the stat breakdown of crit vs surge vs alacrity vs power?

Great post.

As I'm leveling (at 42 now), I'm not making life harder on myself by just having a mix of power/crit/surge correct? I've been picking mostly power mods but some of the more recent drops/pvp gear I've gotten has more crit/surge on it. At this point it really shouldn't matter much right? I haven't had any problems with FPs/heroics yet but I'm just moving on from Hoth.

I thought I had read somewhere on the Trooper healing forums a guide suggesting power, power, more power. Is that not the case for BH then?

How do you do there here? In other places there was an obvious button or it was one of your "flag" options. I am probably missing something obvious.

not sure, people are saying to flag it and request a sticky. Not sure if you can just say "please sticky" and they'll see it

So in your opinion, when it comes to placing augments into gear, you say AIM is our strongest stat. I get that it offers a little bit of everything across the board, but if you are looking to fill in those augment slots. Sitting in some Rakata (rest Columi) Combat Medic gear, would it be better to throw in +28 AIM or +28 power/alacrity.

So in your opinion, when it comes to placing augments into gear, you say AIM is our strongest stat. I get that it offers a little bit of everything across the board, but if you are looking to fill in those augment slots. Sitting in some Rakata (rest Columi) Combat Medic gear, would it be better to throw in +28 AIM or +28 power/alacrity.

I would say that you should get enough alacrity where you feel comfortable with the speed of your cast and then go power all the way. It may take some shuffling of enhancements to get to a comfortable amount. I'm sitting at 330 right now and feel like I could lose some. I'll probably drop it down to 280 and see how that feels.