BH Healing for PVE

Chorusgirl

Thanks for the concise guide. Much better then sticky. Just needed rotations and spec personally.

I think this one is good, but I think the stickied one is too. They are just meant to serve a different audience.

If you have just started leveling a BH Healer and dont know much about BH healing, the stickied one is better than this one IMO. However, if you are 50 and starting to be a serious healer, this one excels.

If like madagent, you just need spec and rotation, then yeah, this one is perfect.

I wish they'd both get stickies or that they would combine efforts and make one guide that applies to both.

We also need a PvP healing guide IMO.

Edited by TempestasSilva

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was joking - i'm not really the one who should give advice on pvp healing - i respec arsenal for that. Didn't mean to offend hehe

Sorry for the snap reaction :) Sometimes the negativity of these forums builds up on me.

Time....to.....go...for...a walk. bright......

I think this one is good, but I think the stickied one is too. They are just meant to serve a different audience.

If you have just started leveling a BH Healer and dont know much about BH healing, the stickied one is better than this one IMO. However, if you are 50 and starting to be a serious healer, this one excels.

If like madagent, you just need spec and rotation, then yeah, this one is perfect.

I wish they'd both get stickies or that they would combine efforts and make one guide that applies to both.

We also need a PvP healing guide IMO.

I agree. I think this one is very good for those who are wanting to move on to the next step and overall. I originally focused on new healers and those who possibly never healed before since spreading healing love is my main goal. Even experienced healers may learned a thing or two as long as their mind is open for knowledge.

It would be great if we could have an extra stun/slow breaking ability - healing as a BH in every warzone makes me rage and throw my mouse across the room. Especially if you q by yourself and have no one to peal marauders off of ya. Sure I could stand there and spam heals on myself forever and he probably won't ever kill me but that's a lot of good i'm doing the rest of the team. Edited by Chorusgirl

It would be great if we could have an extra stun/slow breaking ability - healing as a BH in every warzone makes me rage and throw my mouse across the room. Especially if you q by yourself and have no one to peal marauders off of ya. Sure I could stand there and spam heals on myself forever and he probably won't ever kill me but that's a lot of good i'm doing the rest of the team.

I feel your pain. I am bad at 1v1 PvP. I think I do more good than harm at team pvp. I can at least pass the ball before I die, get ahead of the ball carrier so they have someone to pass to, etc. unlike many people. But PvPing as a solo queue with a PVE healing spec Sucks. Especially huttball which seems to be 90% of the games. In hutball I typically do around 80k healing. In the other WZs I can double that. But again I am not JUST healing. I am trying to help with objectives too.

The bummer is that PvP is a great source of starting gear for PVE when you just hit 50.

I do pretty well in PvP as 33 pt bodyguard.

This is the Spec I Use: PvP Heal Spec

It is very similar to the PvE spec listed here, I just drop Cure Mind and Integrated Systems to obtain Power Shield and Protective Field which are preferable in PvP due to focus on healers. I rarely have a sorc out heal me and I frequently top 400k heals in warzones. With this spec I become a self healing tank of sorts. My focus is to draw as much of the other team's fire as possible so that their DPS is wasted on me. I just self heal through it and when it gets too intense I pop Energy Shield and an Adrenal and heal myself like crazy. I rarely die and when I do the enemy has wasted many many resources to bring me down.

The only downside to healing in WZs is the lack of medals obtained while doing so... I usually only get about 5-6 medals where I would probably get 8-9 on average if I went into arsenal. Keeping people alive is the best way to win warzones and I believe we are better suited to it than any other healer because IMO we are tougher to kill than Ops/Sorcs.

Sorcs are better suited to Operation healing due to their unlimited target AOE heal circle, but I truly feel that Mercs are a different sort of healer, we are Heal Tanks (a Paladin of sorts) We can crank out the heals and take a beating while doing so. I really enjoy tanking 4+ members of their group as the other 7 members of my group melt face around me. It is very satisfying to me being next to unkillable (even if it takes forever to kill others)

The problem is that they can't ignore me like they can ignore a tank because I will keep my group alive with heals so they have to go for me first, and that can prove a very challenging feat many times.

Edited by Ivaed

The only downside to healing in WZs is the lack of medals obtained while doing so... I usually only get about 5-6 medals where I would probably get 8-9 on average if I went into arsenal.

yea this is why i play arsenal, the medals and also because i have a hard time catching a break when I q solo. There are quite a few pvp guilds on my server and if you don't get matched up in one of their groups - you'll get rolled. The only healer friendly warzone IMO is voidstar since I can just stand behind a pillar and pump out heals (on defense) The other two warzones I really hate healing in. Maybe I just need to make more friends who have high expertise and I'll go healing.

Before you start the fight:

Make sure Kolto Shell on your tank, only one shell can be on a target at a time so be sure to assign your BH to different tanks. Be sure to have your Power cell fully charged (this means 30 rapid shots or 5 rapid scans.) Ensure that you have the proper group buffs/ stims active and that you have medpacs handy (they use a GCD but don’t cost you any heat)

Actually, I'm fairly sure this is not true, I'm absolutely sure a target can have 2 buffs on it, and from testing we did with our tank he said he got 2 different heals from the buffs.

So unless something changed or our tests were incorrect then you actually can stack shells

Actually, I'm fairly sure this is not true, I'm absolutely sure a target can have 2 buffs on it, and from testing we did with our tank he said he got 2 different heals from the buffs.

So unless something changed or our tests were incorrect then you actually can stack shells

Yes, what you say is true. Currently you can have more than one kolto shell on a target, I left it on the OP because the tooltip says that only one can be on a target. It's a real buggy spell at the moment, sometimes you can also get 2 ticks from one shell at the same time instead of the 1 every 3 seconds that it is supposed to do.

This is awesome, very thorough and helpful. /tiphat

Just a though, to put it into perspective, in the part where you're talking about alacrity and such... you should mention why not to take it. Every guide say it is a waste of points, but never explains why, and some people ignore that part of the guide and stack it anyway, like it's the secret formula being hidden from them.

I just think it would be good to mention that 4% alacrity on an attack or heal with a 2.5s cast time, reduces it to an oh-so-impressive 2.4 second cast time, I really don't think a lot of people realize just how useless of a stat it really is.

This is awesome, very thorough and helpful. /tiphat

Just a though, to put it into perspective, in the part where you're talking about alacrity and such... you should mention why not to take it. Every guide say it is a waste of points, but never explains why, and some people ignore that part of the guide and stack it anyway, like it's the secret formula being hidden from them.

I just think it would be good to mention that 4% alacrity on an attack or heal with a 2.5s cast time, reduces it to an oh-so-impressive 2.4 second cast time, I really don't think a lot of people realize just how useless of a stat it really is.

The only other place you would put those talent points is in a damage reducing or defensive ability, where as if you put the points into alacrity you get faster cast times on your two major heals.

It's not really a useless stats for us. I have my casts cut down to 1.3 seconds before procs and with the majority of my healing output from those heals. The shortened cast time allows me to begin casting right away once the first is done even if that cast time falls below 1.5 sec (GCD). The faster you can pump out heals, the quicker the target will be topped off and then you can use some extra free rapid shots or w/e you need depending on how high your alacrity is. Also our Healing scan is already reduced to 2.0 seconds due to other talents, mine sits at about 1.7. It functions similar to haste in wow if you were playing a holy paladin. While it may generate heat faster it also allows you extra time for free casts, also when I pop super charged gas and do a HS > RS rotation my heat still remains at an acceptable level while I'm doing massive amounts of healing.

Yes, what you say is true. Currently you can have more than one kolto shell on a target, I left it on the OP because the tooltip says that only one can be on a target. It's a real buggy spell at the moment, sometimes you can also get 2 ticks from one shell at the same time instead of the 1 every 3 seconds that it is supposed to do.

actualy i dont think its a bug, if you look at the wording of the spell it says only one shell can be deployed at a time not that a target can have only 1 shield, witch mean you can shield only 1 person and no witch actualy is happening in t he game.

custom enviro suit > system calibrations for hardmode/nightmare mode.

also muzzle fluting is pretty pro if your raid has problems with dps.

and if you wanna have a pvp/pve build than just roll with

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#300bfRoRzfdkqZrckz.1

cuz improved vents, critical reaction and system calibrations are pretty useless for pve anyway.

Sorry but I disagree with this. Why would 1% endurance be better than a 5% alacrity proc that's up the majority of the time or 4% static alacrity. Most of our healing comes from cast time based spells. A bounty hunter takes far less damage due to our heavy armor than any other healing class, so the points in increased healing received and other self preservation talents are really unneeded.

Increased healing received while energy shield is up is a pvp talent as well as Heat Dampening. Muzzle fluting really has not place in any spec as a healer since you can pop SCG and get a reduced 17 heat on power shot for the rare time that you do have to dps ie. P3 on Soa or during the Infernal Council.

Improved Vents - allows you to do more healing during a burst rotation before using your vent c/d, you can practically build yourself up to 70 heat before using vent heat.

4% alacrity + 5% proc per crits - along with my rakata gear (un modified for the most part) let me toss out Healing Scan at 1.2 sec the majority of my active healing time. The advantages of alacrity as a BH healer are grossly under-appreciated. When your casts are 20% faster that give me extra free cast rapid shots that hit for >1000 hp. It puts you at an even greater advantage if you are in a fight that requires some movement.

That spec I can kinda sorta see you using it in pvp since you'd probably be dpsing a fair bit to get badges. This spec is not ideal for PVE.

then we agree to disagree.

cause if you actually did some nightmare modes you'd know that endurance and healing taken beats a lousy 4% alacricity wich you don't need cause you get more than enough throughput already as a bodyguard, especially on a frenzy when you pop supercharged gas and spam heal the tank.

if you're raid healing it might be slightly more usefull but if you're tank healing like you should you dont need it since you can just spam heal the tank anyway and keep him up on your own on 16man nightmare.

and if you ever get to the point on 70 heat that you need improved vents, you should consider rerolling the sims cause you clearly don't know how to play.

besides, crit and surge give more throughput than alacrity anyway for a bodyguard.

let's stick to the guides that are usefull and where the OP is open for criticism like in the sticky.

Edited by bananaface

then we agree to disagree.

cause if you actually did some nightmare modes you'd know that endurance and healing taken beats a lousy 4% alacricity wich you don't need cause you get more than enough throughput already as a bodyguard, especially on a frenzy when you pop supercharged gas and spam heal the tank.

if you're raid healing it might be slightly more usefull but if you're tank healing like you should you dont need it since you can just spam heal the tank anyway and keep him up on your own on 16man nightmare.

and if you ever get to the point on 70 heat that you need improved vents, you should consider rerolling the sims cause you clearly don't know how to play.

besides, crit and surge give more throughput than alacrity anyway for a bodyguard.

let's stick to the guides that are usefull and where the OP is open for criticism like in the sticky.

I'm pretty sure this was a troll response to get a rise out of me.

I guarantee that I've done more nightmare modes then you have. You want to talk about talents that you don't need? How about increased healing received as a class that isn't a tank, how about 1% endurance, how about reduced cost of your power shot? Taking these talents is wrong. I'm not going to explain again to you why since you obviously are not open to criticism of your awful spec.

If you did even the smallest amount of research you would understand that crit and surge have severe diminishing returns past a certain point, that point being super easy to reach. After that you would be silly to stack one of the two stats. After the point of the soft cap you need to go power/alacrity.

My guide is for PVE as it says in the title. If you need endurance and healing received on yourself then you are taking more damage than you should be and standing in things that you shouldn't. Sorry to sound elitist but better cool downs + faster cast speed will always win out over survivability when you already have 2 to 3 times the damage reduction of a sorc healer and really don't need it to live through any of the fights in this game.

And getting to that high of heat is on purpose...You can cast like 3-4 extra spells before you need to pop it. It's like in other MMOs taking a mana potion that restores 70 mana over 100 because you "shouldn't ever need that much restored."

Anyway you've succeeded in trolling me, I'll speak no more on this.

Edited by Chorusgirl

cause if you actually did some nightmare modes you'd know that ...

LOL! Not only do you fail for the epeen argument, but a simple mouse click on a sig link would show you how badly you failed.

Yeah, I'll start taking muzzle fluting in my PVE Raiding Spec...about the same time I start taking Tracer Missile. Please go reread the description for Supercharged Gas. Yes, sometimes we can help by DPSing, but it does not involve muzzle fluting LOL...LOL...LOL!!

Go troll somewhere else. You have failed miserably here.

Edit: Boo CG beat me to it by a couple of minutes.

Edit2: Oh and there is this cool thing that makes reading easier, its putting a capital letter at the beginning of a sentence. All the cool kids are doing it. Even the WTFPWN crowd.

Edited by TempestasSilva

Columi and Tionese tier pieces can be obtained through Hard mode flaspoints and normal and hardmode operations. Rakata is obtained in Hard mode and Nightmare mode Operations.

Tier Bonus:

2 pc - Increase the duration of supercharged gas by 3 seconds.

4 pc - Decrease the cooldown on Healing Scan by 1.5 seconds and the cooldown on Emergency Scan by 3 seconds.

If you have the 2 piece set of rakata/columi/tionese, you also gain 3 extra seconds onto Charged screen buff from supercharged Kolto missile. I'm not sure if this is actually intended, but it lasts 18s instead of 15.

Edited by DomingoDarkrage

People dissing Muzzle Fluting since we already have gas? Funny. :)

I think I run with, both pve and pvp since I am too bored to switch specs for pvp:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#300dfRRRzcdkqZMckZb.1

Not 100% sure if I had that 1 point in vent heat or in the +1% healing, but anyways the rest are like that.

I miss out 1-2% healing out and/or 1-2 points of vent heat. I get ability to burst with 0 heat power shots during boss mechanics, with tons of alacrity, with full regen to cool off heat. Or I can weave a powershot in at times to stay <40. Hell I pull aggro sometimes in fabricator or whatever it is called (healers look at raid frames =P) during the first vulnerability phase with relic+adrenal+gas+power shot spam, it's definitely nothing to sneeze at, just insane burst. Since dps classes don't stack alacrity, my powershot has a relative bonus% dmg of almost 30% compared to zero alacrity 1.5sec spammers. And since it is heat cost free, it really is that. Gas, DFA, Fusion, power shot spam and back at 0 heat with just insane dmg done (10% gas, 30ish% from alacrity, honestly it is nuts).

Calling it bad is IMHO just plain wrong. It is very situational in PvE, but extremely useful clutch at points. Not to mention in pvp I get tons of mileage out of it.

I like it. Your mileage may vary.

Edited by Ewert