Commando armor noob!

turtleinkorea

wassup guys I'm a noob here wondering when I'll get actual armor in commando class. Right now I'm level 14 halfway through coruscant missions I think. I still have the white biker jacket and white sweatpants armor. When do I get real armor, a mission? vendor?

Keep blasting everything you see - you can pick up some nice gear off the most unlikely victims. One of the L4 Heroics I found a mint piece of chest armour - looking more like a republic trooper now than a Hutt palace guard.

You will get real armor.Just keep doing your class quests, make sure you hit some side quests along the way. There are some decent rewards out there. Maybe you will find something which you think has a better look.Once you can do Hammer, do it. Do it a few times until you see some upgrades come your way. My commando was about 16-17ish when he got his true armored look.

Armormech Crafting gear lvl 13 i think is real Trooper armor bar that the first flashpoint drops cool stuff for you as well i remember getting nice stuff off the Flashpoint Esseles Edited by Madoxx

• 2 months later...
wassup guys I'm a noob here wondering when I'll get actual armor in commando class. Right now I'm level 14 halfway through coruscant missions I think. I still have the white biker jacket and white sweatpants armor. When do I get real armor, a mission? vendor?

Keep doing corasunt missions and you'll get armor that is actually called commando armor. I'm not sure about a helmet though, haven't received one.

The best place to get armor is the galactic trademarket. There r also 2 really cool helmets. One you can get from a vendor on taris, and the other through nar shadaa comendations.But the first body peice was a black gamorrian chest peices from a dead body on corosaunt during the mission: republic's most wanted. :sul_wink:

Have you done the Esseles flashpoint yet?

The Esseles trooper gear is pretty decent/good for level 14. Also there are quest rewards around level 14 in Coruscant (like the heroic ones) that can get you some good trooper stuff.

Esseles Trooper chest armour looks like a Jacket with pockets and a backpack.. not really stormtroopery.

Hardshelled armour looks start around level 19. (Bontayhunters have it better there).

Armortech can do the job in the teens. Trouble in Deed is IMHO the first really nice "Trooper" style armor drop you'll run into- and of course it's repeatable daily, so you can kit up Aric too.

Hammer Station's the next step if you want drops, IMHO. That's nice low-level armor.

Tattoine is a great place to get an almost full set of good looking, fully moddable armor. Between a couple Heroic 2s, one Heroic 4, and the main planetary quest you get everything but the boots. For the boot slot walk over to the Light Side vendor on the fleet and pick up the moddable boots...they're a very good match (cosmetically) for the set.

I wore that set from mid 20s until 40, when I replaced it with one of the L40 PvP sets. Dorne still wears it as her main gear. It's good looking kit.