Quitting if Jan 4th Patch don't fix FPS issues

Bunnyboxx

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I know there's a lot of whiners that wants to run every new game on their freaking onboard intel 3000 graphic device; there's also lot of guys with incredible machines that fail to acknowledge that there could be a problem just cause their thousand dollar monster can handle it; there's also people who doesn't know about their fps, but are just fanboi and reject everything you criticize...

Then at last there's people just like me, with a good PC, that have 60+ fps everywhere, but it dips to 10+/- as soon as you enter even the smallest shack in the middle of the tatooine desert, that instead of complaining and leave, submit a ticket, and wait for a fix.

So for everyone, also naysayers, whiners and fanbois, here it is, just look at the very bottom of the list:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=958025#edit958025

TL;DR: The Interiors FPS bug has been fixed. (test server) :rolleyes:

Edited by DuskD

Sorry to say, i am a machine that can play almost everything on ultra settings, Battlefield 3, Skyrim, Dues Ex etc to name a few, with no FPS problems at all.

But this HERO ENGINE, obviously has flaws. It appears to me, that the problem will be around during the FREE month, and miraculously be fixed the day after your subscription of $15 comes out of your bank.

Actually we paid $60 + to play a unplayable game, surely more testing had to be done, but i am sure EA had nothing to with a Xmas release (yeah right).

So after the Patch on Jan 4th, if FPS issue is still abound in Warzones, and indoors, then my money will be used elsewhere.

We will wait and see.

WHO ELSE SHARES MY VIEWS?

List your specs!!! Dont say you have a machine that can play everything on ultra while it can not play SWTOR without telling us what you have. Be honest, dont lie and say you have two gtx 580ti sli with a fx9600 amd 8 core OC @ 9.1 ghz with 500gb of ram. What are you playing with and maybe we can help.

My rig is simple,

1070t 6x 3.2 ghz, 8 gb of ram, 1gb gtx 460 pgu with a second waiting to be SLI'ed when ever i stop being lazy. With this almost 2 year old card I still get 50-70 fps with only a few dips below 20 which might hit 10-15 for a second or two, but then it goes back to 50-70. There are numerous issues that could be causing this problem for you and not all of them have to do with the game.

I find it funny when people think that your graphic card actually makes 5c of difference in an MMO such as SWTOR or WoW. CPU and Memory are the usual things you need to focus on to get games like this running smoothly.

Any gfx card past the 260gt form nvidia will do just fine as long as your Memory/CPU is up to the task. Also if you have read anything here on the forum you would realize that 6Gb of ram and Windows 7 is more or less a must for this game.

GTX580 video card with 8 gig of ram running Win7 64bit and seeing not a single framerate problem anywhere I have been so far (33 jedi shadow, just finished Alderaan) Edited by Swift

My FPS is fine... I think it's your pc dude. I can also play Skyrim, Battlefield 3, Crysis 2 on ULTRA and get about 40fps on them... And on SWTOR, everything high I get about 90fps. So I don't know what you're speaking of?

To be fair, this game seems to be a bit temperamental, just judging from the sheer number of people who claim to have epic rigs yet can't get over 20 FPS. Fortunately, I'm not having that problem, I have a very old rig, I've yet to drop below 50 FPS anywhere, and regularly get over 100.

So if you're actually liking the game and not just trolling, you might have better luck taking a close look at what other people are doing right, rather than waiting for Bioware to optimize the game for your specific setup - you might be waiting a while.

Edited by daemian

Sorry to say, i am a machine that can play almost everything on ultra settings, Battlefield 3, Skyrim, Dues Ex etc to name a few, with no FPS problems at all.

But this HERO ENGINE, obviously has flaws. It appears to me, that the problem will be around during the FREE month, and miraculously be fixed the day after your subscription of $15 comes out of your bank.

Actually we paid $60 + to play a unplayable game, surely more testing had to be done, but i am sure EA had nothing to with a Xmas release (yeah right).

So after the Patch on Jan 4th, if FPS issue is still abound in Warzones, and indoors, then my money will be used elsewhere.

We will wait and see.

I don't share your views because my machine is mediocre and experienced no lags what is so ever at anytime since started playing 2-3 weeks ago. Also, Bioware is not on your timeline on fixing things when you say your going to quit on january 4th if they don't fix it. Bioware is not there to please YOU only and they don't consider YOU the center of attention. So, if you don't find solutions on your own or if your not a patient person, then I feel sorry for you that you already payed for the game. For example, I too want them to fix certain issues, but if they dont fix it this month or next month I don't threat the company that I'm quitting, because precisely the game is way to good for me as it is to quit.

We will wait and see.

I don't care if you quit.I am not quitting.

I dont have serious fps problems, just the odd slow down when running, and when im on my ship, certainly not enough to make me quit.

I did have serious fps issues on Space Marine Multiplayer recently, yet the single player part and all my other games were absoloutely fine. I blamed the game, as did many others, then I upgraded my PC and the fps issues all went away.

Minimum specs are perhaps too minimum these days in order to encourage people to buy the game, cos once you've paid, they have your money and no longer give a damn.

There is a slight issue with TOR's usage of the GPU at the moment but there are two things you can do which will help a great deal:

1. Update drivers once NVidia/ATI release drivers to support TOR: this isn't BW's fault, it's up to NVidia/ATI to get their finger out.

2. Set maxfps - if your rig is so good then it may be overdoing the fps in easier segments causing erratic processing, bottlenecking or overheating issues.

Edited by Myrmedus

I hope the FPS of swtor gets better as patches come and go. I think a bunch of us are spoiled by how very, very well WoW's client does this sort of thing, and I think that swtor is too young to be perfect in this. But yeah I hope the fps performance gets better. Edited by Tarrent

We will wait and see.

Ok I am running on an Hp Slimline s5310y with an Sapphire Radeon HD 4650 512 mb low profile and I RARELY have fps issues. I usually get between 40-60 fps with everything up and shadows off (damned outdate graphics card) As you can see by sooo many of the posts here its NOT the game, but your machine. If my POS can run it that well you should have NO issues if what you say is true because I CANT run BF3 or Skyrim on this system on ultra. Try setting your video drivers to allow the game to run most settings and use the in game menu, close background programs, run maintenance, etc.

Actually we paid $60 + to play a unplayable game.

I paid $170 and the game is very playable. I did have FPS issues but used the work around and it runs pretty smooth. With future tuning it will only get better. If you want to quit fine, but is it really necessary to go all emo about it?

I personally have never had any problems with this game. I'm running an I-5 Sandy Bridge Mother Board and a GTX 570 graphics card. I can Far Cry 2, Skyrim and any other game on the market at max settings. I think anyone having problems with FPS has other issues.

AMD Phenom II X6 @3.2GHz

8GB DDR3 RAM

ATI HD Radeon 5850x2 Crossfired

20 FPS in a crowded area. 60 outside.

On average 32 FPS.

Settings all on max.

While running, I get 23fps average. Some zones are better.

disable crossfire untill a driver update comes out from amd for improvments.

I have tried 2 graphic cards with this game on the same computer, the ATI Radeon HD4890 and a Nvidia 9600GTS from Evga. Even tho the Nvidia card was older it had a better framerate using shadows. When shadows where off the ATI had better frames and instead of 20-30 FPS it went up to 110 FPS. With both cards I used the latest drivers available.

After the latest Catalyst driver update from AMD it seems that the framerate is ok with shadows set to low. setting it to high is still a bit too much for my card.

My PC is a i7 2600 with 8GB memory running Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit. I know my graphic cards are a bit outdated, but in most game I can play with everything set to max or ultra.

So if your game is unplayable the best option is to disable shadows in the game. If this is not an option for you then you just have to save some money for a new graphics card at least.