Voss Class quest (Spoilers)

Fafurian

J-e-s-u-s

Thanaton (in the nightmare) hitting Khem for 3200 crits..is bioware out of their mind? I had to spam dark infusion and use Channel the force just to get him to 20%, then Khem died and I had to kite him around for like 10 minutes just widdling him down with Affliction.

This game is confusing me..some Lord of the Sith we are, even strong level mobs can wreck me 1v1 if khem goes down (which he does on a regular basis)

And Im HIGHER level than Thanaton (hes 44, im 45)

Edited by Fafurian

Im having issues with this part too, playing as a deception assassin lvl 45. If i use KV he gets killed extremley quickly as do i, if i use talos i still die quite quickly. Not to mention its extremley annoying that you have to drive back a pretty long distance on each failed attempt and the mobs around him respawn so you have to keep taking them out. Its impossible to interrupt often enough not to get burned down extremley fast and as a melee class if i miss the interupt on force storm i get destroyed. Gave up for tonight after the 8th attempt or so, ill try again tommorow i geuss. Edited by Zpanda

I guess I'm lucky to have heals, even tho he still wrecked Khem even with me spam healing him.

Bioware definitely overtuned the Strong/Elite mobs.

Edit: I interrupted as much as I could..if I stopped healing for even a second to interrupt he would kill Khem

Edited by Fafurian

I guess I'm lucky to have heals, even tho he still wrecked Khem even with me spam healing him.

Edit: I interrupted as much as I could..if I stopped healing for even a second to interrupt he would kill Khem

I did him as a darkness tank with Talos healing. Khem just sucks period and I got sick of his crap at lvl 40 and decided to tank myself. Things have been going much smoother. But he's got such an obvious casting animation, if you carefully cycle through your 3 interrupts you shouldn't get wasted too bad.

Edited by Vetorept

I find them bosses easy as hell, even thana in Nightmare Voss class q. I used my healer Companion..simple as that. Ofc i had to jump around to avoids aoe and such, but only thing i did was slow, interrupt..range attacks, run in sap..maul.. and repeat, pretty damn easy.

Im Assasin btw..Deception.

When Solo'ing Talos is the ONE, the other companions just suck, unless ur goin with a m8 on quests..

Edited by Phero

I feel for you but I didn't experience the same thing.

Granted I'm playing a Tankasssin with Talos healing me and haven't found any challenging sub Heroic 4 content since I picked Talos up (and if I did before him I called for annoying-as-hell-robot for a minute to clear it).

I tank as Assassin and use Ashara. Basically its a burn the boss down strat and I can usually 2-3 shot bosses. Thanaton was tough, but if you interrupt the chain lightning and aoe ability (force surge?) then he becomes infinitely easier. It's the same strat for his actual ghost (Horak-Mul).

I did it as a 46 Tank with dps pet. Truly the biggest thing is efficient use of cooldowns and interrupts. The heal is relatively small so I would let it through, but interrupt the big hits. Since you can't heal, I've found that your friend is using a dps pet and tanking yourself.

At this level, using the 20 min cooldown at 75% health and sacrifice when low, coupled with stims and medpacs, I was able to beat him with about 60% health left.

Edit: remember, they actually want us to think and use our abilities. They don't want the content faceroll easy. I don't mean this in a dick manner, but if you are a higher level and having trouble, chances are you aren't using a mechanic they want you to use. Try to figure out what works best for you.

Also, check Khem's stance and abilities on the expanded bar. He may have auto switched to dps mode or something. It happens.

Edited by Nataell

When I did this, I died on that particular ghost... but that was mostly because the dream world hates my computer with a blinding passion. When I got back to it, I was a little more successful in interrupting the force storms.

Just remember that overload is a second interrupt.

(corruption, so I was pretty well immortal)

I found with these quests (not the first cave, but the second) Having to run back to my corpse was very frustrating. Also I held off until 46 to finish the voss quests it was much more reasonable. Sith Sage - Lightning spec. Khem minion.

Well i decided to respec as darkness instead of deception, get a sheild generator with my belsalvis commendations and use talos instead of khem val who has been pretty useless in the past 10-so levels, it was infinitley easier. played on a better pc too so i was able to get all my interupts off and havent died since i did this . besides my sheild generator none of my gear is tanking gear. I'm deffinatley sticking with this setup at least until i finish my class questline.

I'm amazed that these bossfights are so hard compared to the rest of the game.

I usually tank gold elites 2 levels higher than me without a problem.

But the class bosses maul me without effort.

The last three main bosses has taken many tries before I've finally been able to down them, ususally by kiting them while Anronikos kills them. Not very heroic.

I've even renamed the Tankasin to Kiteassin for these fights.

Why make the game easy 95% of the time and then insanely hard the rest of the time? :mad:

I had no problems with him as a healing sorc. Then again i kept my Khem very well geared with extra commendations and unneeded flashpoint drops.

My Asasin(spelled wrong so it wont get filtered) friend had problems because he was on level lower(43?) then Thanaton and he couldnt stealth before the fight, but with stims he did it.

You just need to interrupt the right things and kite at the right times. Even put Khem on follow to run out of stuff.

You better get used to the mechanics of this fight, basically the same fight as Zash, because there are a lot more. Interrupt/move out of crap/put companions on follow when you miss an interrupt and win.

Its funny that this fight is hard when some people(maybe not you) don't completely negate the biggest damaging abilities with one of their 3 interrupts. And if you miss an interrupt, that circle on the ground with a steady stream of lightning hitting it...yea dont stand in that.

FYI you have 3 interrupts on different cd's. Your stun(1 min), your knockback(30 sec?), and your actual interrupt(12 sec).

Edited by phluke

This quest makes me laugh. First of all it's lvl 47 and I always see people complaining who are 43-45. Guys seriously if you're not 47 it can be HARD or impossible. Secondly Thanaton at this point is not the HARD part. Interrupt his force storm every chance you get and when you can't, pull your pet back on passive and wait for the spell to finish. Storm is the only thing that does serious damage.

1) Wait until you're level 45+ (with 43+ gear)

2) Interrupt force storm (you have 3 interrupts; jolt, electrocute and overload)

3) Use passive stance to get your pet out of force storm when you can't interrupt it.

Now it isn't impossible to do at lvl 42. I rushed class story to get Xalek and hit that boss fight at lvl 42. It sucked. My options were A) get help, B) come back later or C) win. It was glorious. The 2 hours it took to get lucky and kill him I could have quested instead. After that I went back to Belsavis which got me to 47.

I actually saw some random in general chat claiming everyone on the server were jerks because nobody would help him. He was lvl 43 and should not have been on Voss.

Edited by Zidaen

Uhmm, I am doing the Voss quest and I have to fight this Horak Mul or whatever his name is. Now I am level 46, but out of quests and just can't seem to get this guy down.

Interrupting is fine and all but this fight is just a lot harder than anything else. Ok, I agree that I should've kept Khem Val geared up but he annoyed me so I got Ashara geared up instead and that worked fine until this last fight.

The difference is just a little too big and since I am out of quests, I'll have to do other stuff first or something.

What I really don't get is that he can cast force storm without having to stand there and do continuous cast....he does aoe damage while doing other stuff....I dunno. I really don't get how this boss is just that much harder than others. Sure, others were a challenge at times but this one I just don't seem to have enough interrupts. Oh well, guess I will have to do some grind to get to level 47 so I can upgrade to level 47 mods.

I don't follow your logic. If you interrupt a big damage ability, he does no damage with it. Conversely, if you try to heal through it, he comes close to outdamaging your heal and you end up back where you started, just down a little force and with a heal on cooldown.

Something I like to do against mobs with big attacks is wait for an enemy to take out Khem's bubble (not long!) and start casting his big hit. Interrupt with Jolt. Wait for him to start casting it again - interrupt with Electrocute. This also lets you get in a Dark Transfusion while the enemy is stunned. Wait for him to start casting the big hit again - interrupt with Jolt (which is off cooldown by now). Channel the Force to refresh Electrocute's cooldown (and start a heal-over-time on Khem) ... then Electrocute him again with the next big hit. Which of course means Jolt is available the next time around.

That's 5 straight interrupts. If you can't keep Khem alive through that, you need to check Khem's gear or your spec. I got through it with Ashara at 43 - though it was close. Another mob in that mission was much harder (she had a heal) and got me 4 times.

Also, don't forget you can get a med unit that heals both you and Khem. Even better, it will revive a defeated companion when used - so if Khem does go down, aggro transfers to you ... you get in a few hits until your bubble is broken and your health is down, use the med-unit to revive Khem (and heal yourself in the process), wait a few secs and then hit the aggro-dumper to turn the mob back to your companion.

You've just added 10-15 seconds to the fight - as a healer spec, drawing out the fight wins as long as you can outdamage the other's heal/regen.

Whoa just managed...even with Ashara as my tank girl. Got that final quest on Voss done after all. Guess it was all about finding the right balance between healing, damage and cc. Well, glad that's done :) Took me 7 times but it worked hehe.

Yo. Try your interrupts. And wait till you get to the next guy lol.

^^ this ^^

Many elite boss fights in storyline are tuned around using interrupt - keybind and use regularly. Electrocute can be used as an interrupt too, or low slash if you're deception, or overload works too most of the time, or forcepull if you're fast, or creeping terror if your madness.

Sheesh! So many ways to interrupt!!

Did that as a lvl44 SI Sorcerer, specced Corruption from third try.

Yes, I had problems keeping my Khem alive in last bossfight of the questline on Voss. But you know what? Use Ashara Zavros instead, and tank boss yourself. Fight becomes much easier. Throwed some heals on Ashara during the fight, she died when boss was like 500hp or something like this.