Subscription Status: Cancelled

Vren

was fun as a single player game

some issues that made me quit:

sharding (mabey)

broken end game (lolwhatendgame)(elaborate otherwise opinion)criminally mediocre pvp (opinion)

lack of world pvp (one week into launch? really?)

no combat log (lack of recount and epeen is not game breaking)

broken guild chat (mine works fine)

no mods (personal preference wow is that way--->)

bad UI (opinion)

broken class mechaics not fixed (hello sniper) (possible validity elaborate)

lag (really? lol get a better cpu)

whole planet causing a lot of people issues including me (taris) (valid and fixed)

can't even complete class quest as BH (valid and addressed)

broken animations (mine seem fine but ok)

delay in combat (again mine seems fine)

clunky controls in combat (not on my toon)

specific classes get horrible looking end game gear (opinion)

lack of customization end game (compared to what? WoW? lol really?)no dual spec (again WoW is that way--->)

respec costs outrageous (especially for healers who interchange between dps) (personal choice not game function)

game feels like a stale piece of cheese after a few days of play (nothing to keep me here) (opinion)

pvp gear too easy to attain (what game doesnt not game breaking)

ilum world pvp discourages world pvp (pvp planet in game w/ little world pvp huh?)

25 - 40 - 50 mount speeds feel underwhelming (especially for the cost) (not a game breaking bug just opinion)

Auction house is piss poor (opinion but elaborate plz)

FORUMS DONT HAVE SEARCH FUNCTION (lol come on) (valid)

tl;dr: http://i41.tinypic.com/2j4ugzk.png

Yes you can have my stuff

im not going back to wow (done with that game but it kept me entertained for a whole hell of a lot longer then this pile of rubbish)

So short version is your quiting b/c within 2 week of launching there is not enough world pvp for you b/c the majority of the player base is not level 50 yet and other than about 4 valid issues you mention the rest of your problems is over personal opinions and things that are in WoW, none of which are bugs or game breaking mechanics/exploits

You say you did endgame and alts already? Just my observation but if that is so then its a good thing you are quiting for a while, you need some sunshine and Vit D. Best of luck hoss.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like constructive posts.

It isn't less constructive than the OP and many other idiots who need to bash the game here with countless useless topics. It's almost like they're paid to do this, while they can just quit if they aren't interested.

It isn't less constructive than the OP and many other idiots who need to bash the game here with countless useless topics. It's almost like they're paid to do this, while they can just quit if they aren't interested.

One could say the same for you. Like you get paid to flame people that do not like some things.

So short version is your quiting b/c within 2 week of launching there is not enough world pvp for you b/c the majority of the player base is not level 50 yet and other than about 4 valid issues you mention the rest of your problems is over personal opinions and things that are in WoW, none of which are bugs or game breaking mechanics/exploits

You say you did endgame and alts already? Just my observation but if that is so then its a good thing you are quiting for a while, you need some sunshine and Vit D. Best of luck hoss.

I really laughed with your posts. How you label some as "opinions' (like yours are not) and ignoring some glaring issues like action delay. On top of this you think that having a combat log is for epeen and not for tuning the DPS and general gameplay.

So, since most of these are your opinions as well, how the hell do you come to the conclusion that the OP wants to cancel because of 2-3 reason out of near 20 or so he posted? What kind of logic is that? You are free to disagree but really... do not make yourself look like such fool.

I really laughed with your posts. How you label some as "opinions' (like yours are not) and ignoring some glaring issues like action delay. On top of this you think that having a combat log is for epeen and not for tuning the DPS and general gameplay.

So, since most of these are your opinions as well, how the hell do you come to the conclusion that the OP wants to cancel because of 2-3 reason out of near 20 or so he posted? What kind of logic is that? You are free to disagree but really... do not make yourself look like such fool.

He's right though. Most of the OPs complaints are opinions and are not game breaking. I have no issue with action delay, so that's not a glaring issue to me. Combat log is nice but they said they will put it in, I'm assuming once they work out the kinks.

There are only 4-5 actual valid reasons the OP is quitting. The others are opinions (like the look of gear) or his own crappy computer or stupidity (lag, rushing to 50 and complaining there isn't anything to do). Out of his valid reasons I think they are all being looked into.

Sure the game isn't perfect, but it hasn't even been out for a month yet. It takes time to implement changes and I'm in the mindset most of these things will be taken care of.

LoL, sorry to get your panties in a wad bro

Of course its my opinion, its a forum. And yes he can have his as well. Never said otherwise. But Im simply pointing out that his BIG list for quiting is a majority of personal taste, NOT GAME FUNCTION AT LAUNCH.(with the exception of a very few legit ones he mentioned)

As for combat logs, ok ill bite and concede that it can help with data gathering. But remeber niether you nor he TUNE dps. Devs do, im sure they can log dps. It would be nice to have but its not game breaking, i can see my dps number as they float over ppls heads and I log it by remebering the number.

As for action delay, please elaborate. My characters dont seem to suffer from this. I assume you are refering to one or two abilities on one or two classes? Again not a major issue for a new game 2 weeks into launch, but if it is occuring wide spread it should get addressed in a reasonable timeframe.

He also stated he got to 50, did endgame pve, world pvp, and leveled alts all within 2 weeks of a launch and has officially declared the game crap. Sounds to me like console games would be more his speed not MMO or else he needs to wait for rest of the world who work, have jobs, families, friends and responsibilities to catch up. But that also is just my opinion.

Do you remember back before the game released, when hardcore players would post and ask how to skip dialogue and complain about story elements? And remember how people would say "this game is not for you"?

Yeah.

We told you so. Ta ta! We don't need your kind here. :)

sharding

broken end game (lolwhatendgame)

criminally mediocre pvp

lack of world pvp

no combat log

broken guild chat

no mods

bad UI

broken class mechaics not fixed (hello sniper)

lag

whole planet causing a lot of people issues including me (taris)

can't even complete class quest as BH

broken animations

delay in combat

clunky controls in combat

specific classes get horrible looking end game gear

lack of customization end game

no dual spec

respec costs outrageous (especially for healers who interchange between dps)

game feels like a stale piece of cheese after a few days of play (nothing to keep me here)

pvp gear too easy to attain

ilum world pvp discourages world pvp

25 - 40 - 50 mount speeds feel underwhelming (especially for the cost)

Auction house is piss poor

FORUMS DONT HAVE SEARCH FUNCTION (lol come on)

im not going back to wow (done with that game but it kept me entertained for a whole hell of a lot longer then this pile of rubbish)

Have you come up with those points on your own or did you gather every negative posting and pushed it into this?

I keep wondering what people like you don't understand about "new released MMO" vs. "10 year old MMO"?

If i compare MMO's at their release date towards SWTOR it is by far the best with the most content. Your points are just minor and don't reflect the state of the game it will be in the future.

And even the fact that Bioware pushed in Space Combat tied with ships and tied it into companion quest discusions and mission progression in the last moment is just a tiny bit of how fast they are and to how much they are dedicated to give us as much as possible in a rather short timeframe.

If you can't even see and put together all those pieces and are rage quitting like a 5 year old than it's the best for the community to not have you around. Same goes for all the others with similar threads as yours

The fanboys remind me of that Gordon Ramsey show Kitchen Nightmares. He comes in and identifies all the problems and the owners scream bloody murder that he doesn't know what he's talking about, everyone just loves their food. All while the business is sinking fast.

Gordons only yelling at you because he's trying to help.

Have you come up with those points on your own or did you gather every negative posting and pushed it into this?

I keep wondering what people like you don't understand about "new released MMO" vs. "10 year old MMO"?

If i compare MMO's at their release date towards SWTOR it is by far the best with the most content. Your points are just minor and don't reflect the state of the game it will be in the future.

And even the fact that Bioware pushed in Space Combat tied with ships and tied it into companion quest discusions and mission progression in the last moment is just a tiny bit of how fast they are and to how much they are dedicated to give us as much as possible in a rather short timeframe.

If you can't even see and put together all those pieces and are rage quitting like a 5 year old than it's the best for the community to not have you around. Same goes for all the others with similar threads as yours

New MMO's can't have things like tiered WZ's? I'm curious as to how long you think it should take to implement that. I mean the Ford model T was a wildly popular vehicle but new cars don't hold themselves that models standards, they push out better products year after year.

Why people post these things is beyond me. If you leave the game then ... just ... leave.

Why must people interested in the game, enter a thread with a negative title and read it. If you like the game...just...play it.

Edited by Chomag

sharding

broken end game (lolwhatendgame)

criminally mediocre pvp

lack of world pvp

no combat log

broken guild chat

no mods

bad UI

broken class mechaics not fixed (hello sniper)

lag

whole planet causing a lot of people issues including me (taris)

can't even complete class quest as BH

broken animations

delay in combat

clunky controls in combat

specific classes get horrible looking end game gear

lack of customization end game

no dual spec

respec costs outrageous (especially for healers who interchange between dps)

game feels like a stale piece of cheese after a few days of play (nothing to keep me here)

pvp gear too easy to attain

ilum world pvp discourages world pvp

25 - 40 - 50 mount speeds feel underwhelming (especially for the cost)

Auction house is piss poor

FORUMS DONT HAVE SEARCH FUNCTION (lol come on)

Everyone of these are legit issues with the game.

This game is unfinished in every aspect.They couldn't even give us a good UI in a 300 Million Dollar MMO LOL!

New MMO's can't have things like tiered WZ's? I'm curious as to how long you think it should take to implement that. I mean the Ford model T was a wildly popular vehicle but new cars don't hold themselves that models standards, they push out better products year after year.

Comparing it to cars is plain silly. You allready have models that you expand on while making a MMO from scratch where you have 0 done to use material from is very much different. And it's not like putting together some bits and pieces and that's all.

Cars also don't have to invent the wheel and most other major parts but just change existing specifications. Try to think a bit harder bevor pulling something out of the hat that's pure nonsense.

Because SWTOR doesn't have xy feature is surely because they focused on a different aspect at first. Do you thing that you just push a button and everything is done? All other MMO's might have this stuff polished out but lack in any major other part or are just a plain copy and paste with different textures where 90% of the community is fooled into believing that it's something new. Most MMO's have such crapy animations that it's inbelievable. Even the textures look 10 years old in most MMO's where SWTOR atleast started on a high level. And no person except for 0.1% read quest texts where it was a really brilliant move to make full VO.

And why should someone even quit because there are no tiered WZ's? Doesn't mean it'll stay this way forever. And what did other MMO's have at start? Really nothing and more bugs than SWTOR.

Be a bit more realistic. Every game needs time to be developed what doesn't mean that you get far more content at start than 10 years back but in this case we did.

Did you think that Bioware is done here? No they aren't and they never did say that it's finished at start. Every MMO has an ongoing development until it is closed or can't afford it.

And if you really honestly hold to your arguments then i get the impression that you really don't know anything.

Comparing it to cars is plain silly. You allready have models that you expand on while making a MMO from scratch where you have 0 done to use material from is very much different. And it's not like putting together some bits and pieces and that's all.

Cars also don't have to invent the wheel and most other major parts but just change existing specifications. Try to think a bit harder bevor pulling something out of the hat that's pure nonsense.

Because SWTOR doesn't have xy feature is surely because they focused on a different aspect at first. Do you thing that you just push a button and everything is done? All other MMO's might have this stuff polished out but lack in any major other part or are just a plain copy and paste with different textures where 90% of the community is fooled into believing that it's something new. Most MMO's have such crapy animations that it's inbelievable. Even the textures look 10 years old in most MMO's where SWTOR atleast started on a high level. And no person except for 0.1% read quest texts where it was a really brilliant move to make full VO.

And why should someone even quit because there are no tiered WZ's? Doesn't mean it'll stay this way forever. And what did other MMO's have at start? Really nothing and more bugs than SWTOR.

Be a bit more realistic. Every game needs time to be developed what doesn't mean that you get far more content at start than 10 years back but in this case we did.

Did you think that Bioware is done here? No they aren't and they never did say that it's finished at start. Every MMO has an ongoing development until it is closed or can't afford it.

And if you really honestly hold to your arguments then i get the impression that you really don't know anything.

This is 2012, they have the worlds most expensive produced game. This is a AAA game, they have had 6 years in the creating. They have multiple other MMO’s out there to pull experience from. And they have MMO of their own to pull experience from. (as a fanboy you better know what other MMO they have had).

You seem to use the excuse that other games has been out longer then SWToR and therefore SWToR is allowed to have all kinds of bugs and errors.

No they are not. They have all the marks to be able to pull off a “good” game, but failes at the basics.

For rying out load, they pulled in the god damne balance dud from FailHammer online to create LvL 50 PvP. That part of captureing “towers” and recapturing “towers” faild badly in FailHammer, It failed totally in WoW, and still they try to put it in this game, trough the guy they hired from FailHammer. Desitions like that really makes you wonder what they where thinking.

They have gamebraking bugs that should have been fixed in the Beta, buggs they knew about for over half a year ago.

This is NOT a indi game. This is a multi million AAA game. For crying out load, they are using a freaking graphic enging from 2006 that they are leasing. It is not their own.

I get the impression that you are just a fanboy who likes to shout and make words. If the game has been in Alpha and been released, you would be perfectly happy and defended the game to the bitter end, with just the exact same excuses.

In your eye, this game does not have any fails, and the few that you maybe can accept, is acceptable because the game is “Star Wars”.

once I'm done with the story I'll just boot up the game and idle in any city and play the trade market from time to time. Also chat with the guild, those guys are funny :D Anyway my point is this is Star Wars and I get to have my own ship at some point!? Shut up and take my money! And the launch for me was horrible: I pre-ordered never received the early access key and the game was delayed so I only got it last Friday :mad: the same day I gave up and bought a digital copy so now I have one SWTOR key left over :confused: On top of that I'm paying ~60€ for the calls I had to make to bioware support because their system messed up my security question answer by deleting part of the answer... but all that is just money I'd use to buy food and that doesn't make me half as happy as playing a star wars mmo does so yeah, terrible month.

seems to be working

just sayin

but not attention on the fact that im leaving

but rubbing it in the faces of those who matter that hey you know what

these are bugs that make people leave

and it will keep happening until you fix them

I guess im sort of a martyr in that respect

lol @ martyr. Wow...just...wow.

By the way, games been out for 11 days. Is it perfect...nope. Far from perfect but damn it sure is a lot of fun.

Edited by Sparklehorse

MMO's don't need to re-invent the wheel either. WoW did it already, copy the same thing. Pretending that this is a next-gen MMO while saying it's almost as good as wow when it was released seven years ago is absurd.

This isn't rocket science. When I join a WZ at lvl 14 I don't like being mauled by a swarm of lvl 50's. It's not a hard concept to grasp and it's something that has a proven track record of success in other MMO's.

If no one complained then BW would get the idea nothing needs to be changed, is that really what you want, really? The Devs needs to read through as much of the feedback as they can and they should look into ALL recurring issues.