Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Operative IS Balanced....if you have a pocket Tank and Healer

thespareaccount

So yes, 1v3 an Operative is now balanced.

Otherwise he pops out of stealth, kills you in 2 seconds, then restealths and does it again.

Yup I can 1v2 all the time. I hit one guy for 10k damage and then 6k damage, move the the next target. Knock him down immediately stunlock him All day long. I do that on level 10 all the way to full Champion geared powertechs. I single handedly destroy the entire team, cap the objective, and win the game, the others are bystanders watching my Overpowered goodness.

You should join me, this class has has no drawback and is a god in group based combat that this game is based on. In fact you should roll one right now, rush to 50 and see this awesomeness for yourself.

I think the nerfbat is gonna go Ops then SI's. Probably just a question of when, and if it will be announced in the patch notes or not first. If I played an operative, I'd be checking my burst dps after every maintenance downtime. Its coming.

here we go again :rolleyes:

I think the nerfbat is gonna go Ops then SI's. Probably just a question of when, and if it will be announced in the patch notes or not first. If I played an operative, I'd be checking my burst dps after every maintenance downtime. Its coming.

so smugglers and consulars will also be nerfed, right ? cus you know, they are mirrors

sounds like someone is mad about dying in pvp

Edited by Shortcake

Operatives are out of control. Highest damage and best healer in one class, who's idea was that?

yeah because Ops can do both massive healing and massive burst with the same spec.

We never get yanked into the fire or acid. We never get pushed off of ledges or ramps. We can just walk right through the fire and take no damage. We can carry the ball and have 4 people beat on us as we cross the goal line.

We can jump from the basement up to the top to score. We can leap from one side of the map to the other.

Sure if Ops could do all of that their might be an issue. Nerf all of that crap then you can complain about a 1 attack rotation that can kill a squishy.

here we go again :rolleyes:

so smugglers and consulars will also be nerfed, right ? cus you know, they are mirrors

sounds like someone is mad about dying in pvp

Yes, generally when I'm talking about one class, I'm talking about the mirror class too. Its just that nobody plays a smuggler, and everybody plays SI/Ops so its easier to focus on those. Of course you wouldn't nerf Ops and leave the smug alone. Also, SI's mirror uses "project" which takes time to travel to the target and do damage, and SI does instant damage, but thats for another thread. Just pointing out that your "mirrors" are not always reflecting the same image back, if you know what I mean.

What's with all the QQ about Ops? As I see it, they are the easiest AC to counter BY FAR! All you need to do is trinket their knockdown (yes, you CAN do it), cc them back and put a DoT on them. Do this and they are royally screwed, unless they pop all their CDs, in which case you can do it too.

If your trinket is down, then you simply wait out the knockdown (and no they don't kill you in 3 seconds) and CC their face right away, then kite and see them getting WTFPWNED by teammates.

Your trinket is down and you are alone? Then you simply failed and deserve getting owned.

They are really squishy too, I think they are the squishiest AC there is.

I wish it was that easy to get rid off tanks and Maras.

Another thing I noticed is that you can often see them coming, you can see their sillouette for like half a second before they open up, so you can trinket immidiately.

Edited by Gaidax

I'm only level 25 so far, so take this with a grain of salt.

If I stick within my spec's role, I will dominate. I'm usually not able to take down a skilled tank by myself, unless he's already wounded. I usually can't take out a ranged DPS if I'm not stealthed, and I don't get the drop on them. Even then, it can be pretty chancey, given some awesome CC/slows the snipers/sorcs have.

What I can do well is finish up already damaged players, wreck the healers (if they're not focused on healing themselves), and throw out fairly consistent CC to help out teammates. I Usually hang back in a fight to attack the healer, which is usually a bit away from the main battle, or jump in the melee to finish of the injured. Once that's done, I try to heal myself and re-stealth.

While I'm able to hold my own against most classes for quite a while 1v1, tanks and healers that focus heal themselves will eventually laugh as I'm able to only auto-attack, waiting for my energy and cool downs to come back up. I'm more than happy with this. I've specc'd to burst, then disappear, not go all-in for a long battle.

That's my experience as a lvl 25 concealment operative, take it as you will.

EDIT: Yes, a DoT absolutely ****s my day, even if I do manage to take down my target. I'm left praying that the DoT ends before I'm killed, or discovered by another enemy player and killed.

Edited by vilezoidberg

What's with all the QQ about Ops? As I see it, they are the easiest AC to counter BY FAR! All you need to do is trinket their knockdown (yes, you CAN do it), cc them back and put a DoT on them. Do this and they are royally screwed, unless they pop all their CDs, in which case you can do it too.

If your trinket is down, then you simply wait out the knockdown (and no they don't kill you in 3 seconds) and CC their face right away, then kite and see them getting WTFPWNED by teammates.

Your trinket is down and you are alone? Then you simply failed and deserve getting owned.

They are really squishy too, I think they are the squishiest AC there is.

I wish it was that easy to get rid off tanks and Maras.

Another thing I noticed is that you can often see them coming, you can see their sillouette for like half a second before they open up, so you can trinket immidiately.

This guy knows ^^ +1

People need to L2P

Edited by Caeliux

What is with these forums saying put a dot on and kite them? Do the operatives you fight not talent pin down, or use evasion before cloaking screen? Sure, you can try to kite me, but you're at 30%, and I will use probe, nade, and spam rifle shots until I can root you. Rifle shot is 900 a gcd, it's not like I'm not still hitting you. This is if I decide to join in on getting kited, I can just hit the guy next to me, or LoS you, heal, and wreck you when you get close. You must all be fighting terrible operatives.

What is with these forums saying put a dot on and kite them? Do the operatives you fight not talent pin down, or use evasion before cloaking screen? Sure, you can try to kite me, but you're at 30%, and I will use probe, nade, and spam rifle shots until I can root you. Rifle shot is 900 a gcd, it's not like I'm not still hitting you. This is if I decide to join in on getting kited, I can just hit the guy next to me, or LoS you, heal, and wreck you when you get close. You must all be fighting terrible operatives.

Terrible operatives and its still worthy of a complaint. Interesting.

Seems like I need to rethink my playstyle with my full heal specced Operative? Or maybe I just need to upgrade my gear, realizing I'm in my 30s and the gear is mid 20, geez. You don't realize that in PvE while having a good tanking pet - and not in PvP aswell, since you're so OP. don't forget: OPerative!

And you must be fighting level 15s... 30%? Right... Your targets have 12k HP or something?

Besides, as I said - a counter to your CDs is target's CD's. You are not the only one graced with Evasion, especially considering the fact that you blow it to restealth.

I think the biggest problem with this game is

PVE Heavily effects PVP side of the game.

I mean you don't even need level 20 and 40 gear your practically given full sets through PVP. I can only imagine how its effecting crew skills which offer these said items. If you think well people like to twink...wrong we don't have brackets and you'll out level in a few hours anyways so spend the cash?

If you were to nerf the OP I bet it won't happen anytime soon as it would be directly effecting its PVE stand point and I don't know if you guys notice but this game is very PVE based. This will take months to rethink an entire classes opening move.

We have companions that we 2v1 everybody we fight and yet were supposed to feel powerful lol. You cant even PVE in this game without a companion.

So go ahead cry all you that Operatives are op, its doesn't change biowares mind on how they are running this game. Yell scratch a claw that sith inquisitors are op. scrape styrofoam across your table that bounty hunters death from above does massive damage err massive AOE damage. It doesn't change one thing.

BIOWARE DOESN'T CARE. They are not looking for the handful of us whiny forum posters (probably about 20% of the actual population of the game even less that post on the pvp forums.) They are focused on a billion other more important things than you and I not being able to kill a op if he/she gets the opening.

Operatives are out of control. Highest damage and best healer in one class, who's idea was that?

All healer classes have expertise, surge, crit, power affecting both damage output and heal output...

Nothing new, been saying this since last april.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.