Flirting with same gender non-companion NPCs.

CommanderAlpha

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The closest I have yet to find was my female bounty hunter complimenting the Twi'lek banker's outfit in Nem'ro's palace using a suspiciously sultry tone...

It roughly went;

"By the way, I *really* like your outfit..."

"Oh, thanks! You're not so bad yourself!"

So no, pretty much nothing at the moment. Perhaps they'll unlock a few flirts when they come out with the actual romances, though I doubt they'd bother with something so minor in comparison to the romances. :(

The closest I have yet to find was my female bounty hunter complimenting the Twi'lek banker's outfit in Nem'ro's palace using a suspiciously sultry tone...

It roughly went;

"By the way, I *really* like your outfit..."

"Oh, thanks! You're not so bad yourself!"

So no, pretty much nothing at the moment. Perhaps they'll unlock a few flirts when they come out with the actual romances, though I doubt they'd bother with something so minor in comparison to the romances. :(

Yeah, I remember that.

Oh well, I was hoping for an option like that somewhere. I figured the Bounty Hunters or Smugglers would get it.

I will not play this game if there is s/s relationships in my storyline!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm very sorry for your loss, then. Whenever it is added, I'm sure you will be sorely missed.

I do hope that afterwards, you are able to find a game more suited to your tastes.

In terms of role playing I'd be much happier with a same gender flirt option than any same gender romance option.

I do want to use flirt every now and then, on men and women, because sometimes the situation or the "chemistry", if you can call it that, leaves an opening for it.

I do understand that it shouldn't be with every NPC, and maybe not an option on the same NPC for both genders (if that rubs people with regard to the NPCs 'identity'), but having the option here and there would make my smug smugglers very happy, since they're smugglers and used to trying every angle for an advantage. It would simply suit their personality to try. :)

I'd be even happy if they get shot down by the NPC or the attempt at flirting gets the opposite result than intended, because it's about my character's attitude, not necessarily their orientation, nor the NPC's orientation.

Edited by KyaniteD

I will not play this game if there is s/s relationships in my storyline!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You shouldn't get people's hopes up like that, it isn't fair! ^_^

EDIT:

Let me change that -- I agree that YOU (i.e., your character) shouldn't be forced into a same sex or opposite sex romance, or that every one of your companions should have open romances with both genders. Seems unfair and unrealistic; we all know people who don't have romances, or who seem to stick to a particular sexual orientation (e.g., the happy straight or gay couple that have been monogamous for twenty-plus years).

On the other hand, the OVERALL story would seem lacking if it excluded such things from everyone everywhere. ^_^

Edited by Poimandres

Damn that sucks. I was really hoping for some npc flirting. I was holding out on playing a smuggler because of it. The whole fully voiced reason if kind of nonsense considering that they'll just end up giving us the opposite sex reaction for the female or male version.

Bioware should have removed flirting/romance options from the game to prevent issues like this being brought up. No one should be forced to accept either option. With the millions of subscribers (or potential of) there would be a minority population of homosexuals playing. Bioware has to look at their bottom line which would sacrifice many for the needs of the few. I don't see that happening and would probably turn on them as a MMO killer. That is why they should have not instituted this into the game - period. You can't please everyone and many would be offended. Not that it matters to some of you as to who gets offended, but if the numbers surge to affect Bioware's profits, then it matters to them. In other games, this subject is carefully tread on and mostly not put in the storyline.

Yeah, it's a disappointment, and I'm hoping that when they do add them, they're thorough about it and add in not only full romances, but flirt options as robust as the ones that are already there.

One thing I am finding is a hesitancy to play some characters because it's frustrating to think I'm going to have to start all over when they finally get around to adding this. Even more than relationships (which I assume will be set up so you can get them even if you've already proceeded through your class story) the flirt options will necessitate a reroll in order to see all of them.

That's okay, I'm leaving at the end of my free month because they aren't in. If they ever add them later on maybe I'll come back. So see, it all evens out in the end.

Considering the amount of unwarranted hysteria Bioware copped in the past for a little bit of alien side-****, I'm not surprised they initially released the game without ss relationships, flirting, w/e.. (inter-species no less, quelle horreur!)

If they do add this (To which I dont care), I should NOT be able to Flirt/Romance/Sexify everything with genitals in the game.

This is one aspect of Dragon Age that pissed me off, 99.9% of the population was BI-sexual......... *******.

Four people = 99.9% of the population?

Yikes. The Qunari really did quite a number on Kirkwall. :eek:

I agree with the OP.

We need to be able to immerse ourselves in this to the same degree that straight players are given already. Romances with same-sex companions along with flirtations with same-sex npcs out in the galaxy are sorely lacking thus far, and they need to come with the first major content patch.

If they do add this (To which I dont care), I should NOT be able to Flirt/Romance/Sexify everything with genitals in the game.

This is one aspect of Dragon Age that pissed me off, 99.9% of the population was BI-sexual......... *******.

Only if your character is a ****. Think of it like quantum mechanics - until your character pursues a relationship, none of the NPCs have an sexuality at all.

Instead of flirting with characters why don't everyone go outside into the real life game and flirt then?

The majority like romances/flirting because they add to the story, I'm sure some weird and wacky people out there use it to replace RL relationships but they're an extreme minority.

Instead of flirting with characters why don't everyone go outside into the real life game and flirt then?

By that logic, we should all go out and do something much more productive with our lives instead of playing a game. Is killing something big in a game *really* that much more rewarding than flirting? People have different interests. Some read action-novels. Others watch romantic flicks. And believe it or not, the two do have a cross-over audience.

At the end of the day, we are all sitting at a computer playing a Star Wars game for hours that has absolutely no effect on the world. Drawing lines in the sand seems fairly arbitrary, no? :p